From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Olcott rejects the existence of true but unprovable facts
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 12:53:07 -0600
 by: olcott - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 18:53 UTC

On 1/12/2024 10:38 AM, immibis wrote:
> On 1/12/24 17:22, olcott wrote:

>>> No, it means reaching a final state.  Being aborted is such a final
>>> state.
>>
>> 01 int D(ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
>> 02 {
>> 03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
>> 04   if (Halt_Status)
>> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
>> 06   return Halt_Status;
>> 07 }
>>
>> Unless D correctly simulated by H can possibly reach its
>> own line 06 (final state) it never halts.
>>

> it can because H can return 0

You must not be very good at software engineering if
you believe that D correctly simulated by H can return
any value to the simulated D.

What programming languages are you an expert of?
If the answer is {none} that explains your confusion.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Olcott rejects the existence of true but unprovable facts

<unsmip$316nt$13@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6558&group=sci.logic#6558

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 19:47:21 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 00:47 UTC

On 1/12/24 1:53 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/12/2024 10:38 AM, immibis wrote:

>>> 01 int D(ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
>>> 02 {
>>> 03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
>>> 04   if (Halt_Status)
>>> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
>>> 06   return Halt_Status;
>>> 07 }
>>>
>>> Unless D correctly simulated by H can possibly reach its
>>> own line 06 (final state) it never halts.
>>>

>> it can because H can return 0
>
> You must not be very good at software engineering if
> you believe that D correctly simulated by H can return
> any value to the simulated D.
>
> What programming languages are you an expert of?
> If the answer is {none} that explains your confusion.

And you have failed at your software endineering if you think that an H
that DOES correctly simulate this input can ever answer the question and
be a correct decider.

An H can only answer based on a correct simulation if it isn't the H
that D was built on, since your assumption was that the H that D was
built on doesn't abort its simulaition.

You seem to forget the fundamental nature of programs that they do what
they are programmed to do, and don't have free-will to actually make a
free determination of what they will do.

Re: Olcott rejects the existence of true but unprovable facts

<untujq$3u0l1$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6572&group=sci.logic#6572

From: new...@immibis.com (immibis)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 13:10:34 +0100
 by: immibis - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 12:10 UTC

On 1/12/24 19:53, olcott wrote:
> On 1/12/2024 10:38 AM, immibis wrote:
>>
>> it can because H can return 0
>
> You must not be very good at software engineering if
> you believe that D correctly simulated by H can return
> any value to the simulated D.

You must not be very good at software engineering if you think a correct
simulation can behave differently from a direct execution.

Re: Olcott rejects the existence of true but unprovable facts

<unuejc$g08$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6582&group=sci.logic#6582

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 10:43:24 -0600
 by: olcott - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 16:43 UTC

On 1/13/2024 6:10 AM, immibis wrote:
> On 1/12/24 19:53, olcott wrote:
>> On 1/12/2024 10:38 AM, immibis wrote:
>>>
>>> it can because H can return 0
>>
>> You must not be very good at software engineering if
>> you believe that D correctly simulated by H can return
>> any value to the simulated D.
>
> You must not be very good at software engineering if you think a correct
> simulation can behave differently from a direct execution.

01 int D(ptr x) // ptr is pointer to int function
02 {
03 int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
04 if (Halt_Status)
05 HERE: goto HERE;
06 return Halt_Status;
07 }

It is an easily verified fact the D correctly simulated by H
cannot possibly reach its own line 06 and terminate normally.

*NO AMOUNT OF BLUSTER OR DISHONEST DODGE CAN POSSIBLY AVOID THIS*

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Olcott rejects the existence of true but unprovable facts

<unusi3$35our$5@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6595&group=sci.logic#6595

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:41:39 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 20:41 UTC

On 1/13/24 11:43 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/13/2024 6:10 AM, immibis wrote:

>>> You must not be very good at software engineering if
>>> you believe that D correctly simulated by H can return
>>> any value to the simulated D.
>>
>> You must not be very good at software engineering if you think a
>> correct simulation can behave differently from a direct execution.
>
> 01 int D(ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
> 02 {
> 03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
> 04   if (Halt_Status)
> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
> 06   return Halt_Status;
> 07 }
>
> It is an easily verified fact the D correctly simulated by H
> cannot possibly reach its own line 06 and terminate normally.
>
> *NO AMOUNT OF BLUSTER OR DISHONEST DODGE CAN POSSIBLY AVOID THIS*

It is an easily verified fact that no H that actually correctly
simulates its input D ever answers.

So, H isn't a decider.

The H that answers, didn't do a correct simulation of its exact input,
and thus fails to be your H and your whole world just blew itself up.