Where are the calculations that go with a calculated risk?

tech / sci.logic / Re: Some definitions for Olcott

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Some definitions for Olcottolcott
+* Re: Some definitions for Olcottimmibis
|`- Re: Some definitions for Olcottolcott
+* Re: Some definitions for Olcottimmibis
|`* Re: Some definitions for Olcottolcott
| +* Re: Some definitions for Olcottimmibis
| |`* Re: Some definitions for Olcottolcott
| | +* Re: Some definitions for Olcottimmibis
| | |`* Re: Some definitions for Olcottolcott
| | | +- Re: Some definitions for OlcottRichard Damon
| | | `- Re: The Liar Paradox Applied To Itself [was: Some definitions for Olcott]immibis
| | `- Re: Some definitions for OlcottRichard Damon
| `- Re: Some definitions for OlcottRichard Damon
+* Re: Some definitions for OlcottMikko
|`* Re: Some definitions for Olcottolcott
| `* Re: Some definitions for OlcottMikko
|  `* Re: Some definitions for Olcottolcott
|   `- Re: Some definitions for OlcottRichard Damon
`- Re: Some definitions for OlcottRichard Damon

1
Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unqess$3bh8q$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6487&group=sci.logic#6487

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Some definitions for Olcott
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 22:23:56 -0600
 by: olcott - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 04:23 UTC

On 1/11/2024 10:11 PM, immibis wrote:
> On 1/10/24 15:21, olcott wrote:

>>> Instead of "wrong" it would be better to say "not a halting decider".

>>> The input should be syntactically correct. A syntax error makes the
>>> inut invalid. If there is a syntax error in the input the decider
>>> should halt without answering "yes" or "no" (any other behaviour is
>>> hard to implement).
>>>
>>> Mikko
>>>

>> The above is the same as saying that every syntactically correct
>> yes/no question has a correct answer.
>
> No, it isn't.
> It's the same as saying that THE INPUT TO A HALTING DECIDER IS ANY
> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAM AND INPUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
>
> Do you refute this definition?

Yes I do.

Self-contradictory inputs must be rejected as semantically unsound.

Tarski never noticed that the Liar Paradox is not a truth bearer
thus his Undefinability Theorem is anchored in an error.
--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unqidf$3bs9d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6493&group=sci.logic#6493

From: new...@immibis.com (immibis)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 06:23:58 +0100
 by: immibis - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:23 UTC

On 1/12/24 05:23, olcott wrote:
> On 1/11/2024 10:11 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> The above is the same as saying that every syntactically correct
>>> yes/no question has a correct answer.
>>
>> No, it isn't.
>> It's the same as saying that THE INPUT TO A HALTING DECIDER IS ANY
>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAM AND INPUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
>>
>> Do you refute this definition?
>
> Yes I do.

So which number is that? 1-7?

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unqiif$3bh8q$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6494&group=sci.logic#6494

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 23:26:39 -0600
 by: olcott - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:26 UTC

On 1/11/2024 11:23 PM, immibis wrote:
> On 1/12/24 05:23, olcott wrote:

>>> No, it isn't.
>>> It's the same as saying that THE INPUT TO A HALTING DECIDER IS ANY
>>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAM AND INPUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
>>>
>>> Do you refute this definition?
>>
>> Yes I do.
>>

> So which number is that? 1-7?

It is 7. I already said this.
--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unqivm$3bs9d$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6496&group=sci.logic#6496

From: new...@immibis.com (immibis)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 06:33:42 +0100
 by: immibis - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:33 UTC

On 1/12/24 05:23, olcott wrote:
> On 1/11/2024 10:11 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> The above is the same as saying that every syntactically correct
>>> yes/no question has a correct answer.
>>
>> No, it isn't.
>> It's the same as saying that THE INPUT TO A HALTING DECIDER IS ANY
>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAM AND INPUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
>>
>> Do you refute this definition?
>
> Yes I do.
>
> Self-contradictory inputs must be rejected as semantically unsound.
>
> Tarski never noticed that the Liar Paradox is not a truth bearer
> thus his Undefinability Theorem is anchored in an error.

So which inputs are valid to a halting decider? If it isn't ALL
SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAMS (AND INPUTS) WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS
then you are not talking about the same thing that everyone else is
talking about.

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unqjab$3bh8q$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6498&group=sci.logic#6498

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 23:39:23 -0600
 by: olcott - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:39 UTC

On 1/11/2024 11:33 PM, immibis wrote:
> On 1/12/24 05:23, olcott wrote:

>>> No, it isn't.
>>> It's the same as saying that THE INPUT TO A HALTING DECIDER IS ANY
>>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAM AND INPUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
>>>
>>> Do you refute this definition?
>>
>> Yes I do.
>>
>> Self-contradictory inputs must be rejected as semantically unsound.
>>
>> Tarski never noticed that the Liar Paradox is not a truth bearer
>> thus his Undefinability Theorem is anchored in an error.
>
> So which inputs are valid to a halting decider? If it isn't ALL
> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAMS (AND INPUTS) WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS
> then you are not talking about the same thing that everyone else is
> talking about.

*Of course I am not, they are all incorrect*
They are making a mistake isomorphic to the mistake
that Tarski made by incorrectly construing the Liar
Paradox as a truth bearer.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unqo7s$3cgbr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6500&group=sci.logic#6500

From: new...@immibis.com (immibis)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:03:24 +0100
 by: immibis - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 07:03 UTC

On 1/12/24 06:39, olcott wrote:
> On 1/11/2024 11:33 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> Yes I do.
>>>
>>> Self-contradictory inputs must be rejected as semantically unsound.
>>>
>>> Tarski never noticed that the Liar Paradox is not a truth bearer
>>> thus his Undefinability Theorem is anchored in an error.
>>
>> So which inputs are valid to a halting decider? If it isn't ALL
>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAMS (AND INPUTS) WITH ABSOLUTELY NO
>> EXCEPTIONS then you are not talking about the same thing that everyone
>> else is talking about.
>>

> *Of course I am not, they are all incorrect*

OK so you haven't solved the halting problem at all. You think you've
solved a different problem. I don't think you've even solved the
different problem, because your solution still has problems, but since
it's a different problem, it may need a different proof. Right now, the
problem isn't specified properly because it's not clear which machines
are the self-contradictory ones that you don't think we should check the
halting status of.

As you know, a Turing machine is specified by a list of alphabet
symbols, which one is the default, a list of states, which one is the
initial state, which ones are accepting states, and a transition table.

Is there an algorithm, based on a list of alphabet symbols, which one is
the default, a list of states, which one is the initial state, which
ones are accepting states, and a transition table. tells me whether the
machine has undefined halting behaviour?

> They are making a mistake isomorphic to the mistake
> that Tarski made by incorrectly construing the Liar
> Paradox as a truth bearer.

So you believe that some logical statements are neither true nor false.

When I write something like "∀x. x + 1 = 5" you believe it's possible
that it might be neither true nor false. The one I just wrote is
obviously false, but you believe there are some that aren't true and
also aren't false?

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unqt69$3d4qe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6508&group=sci.logic#6508

From: mikko.le...@iki.fi (Mikko)
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:27:53 +0200
 by: Mikko - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:27 UTC

On 2024-01-12 04:23:56 +0000, olcott said:

> On 1/11/2024 10:11 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> The above is the same as saying that every syntactically correct
>>> yes/no question has a correct answer.
>>
>> No, it isn't.
>> It's the same as saying that THE INPUT TO A HALTING DECIDER IS ANY
>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAM AND INPUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
>>
>> Do you refute this definition?
>
> Yes I do.
>
> Self-contradictory inputs must be rejected as semantically unsound.

Note that Olcott's halt decider, according to recent descriptions,
does not reject the input and does not say anything about its
semantical soundness but simply gives a wrong answer.

Mikko

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unrbea$316nt$2@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6513&group=sci.logic#6513

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 07:31:06 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 12:31 UTC

On 1/12/24 12:39 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/11/2024 11:33 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> Yes I do.
>>>
>>> Self-contradictory inputs must be rejected as semantically unsound.
>>>
>>> Tarski never noticed that the Liar Paradox is not a truth bearer
>>> thus his Undefinability Theorem is anchored in an error.
>>
>> So which inputs are valid to a halting decider? If it isn't ALL
>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAMS (AND INPUTS) WITH ABSOLUTELY NO
>> EXCEPTIONS then you are not talking about the same thing that everyone
>> else is talking about.
>>

> *Of course I am not, they are all incorrect*
> They are making a mistake isomorphic to the mistake
> that Tarski made by incorrectly construing the Liar
> Paradox as a truth bearer.

So, what makes that given D not a PROGRAM?

What rules of PROGRAMS has it violatd.

Remember, you have admitted that your D isn't actually a program, but
just a template, so you have admitted your whole arghument is based on a
dishonest strawman argument.

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unrbec$316nt$3@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6514&group=sci.logic#6514

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 07:31:08 -0500

On 1/11/24 11:23 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/11/2024 10:11 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> The above is the same as saying that every syntactically correct
>>> yes/no question has a correct answer.
>>
>> No, it isn't.
>> It's the same as saying that THE INPUT TO A HALTING DECIDER IS ANY
>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAM AND INPUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
>>
>> Do you refute this definition?
>
> Yes I do.
>
> Self-contradictory inputs must be rejected as semantically unsound.
>
> Tarski never noticed that the Liar Paradox is not a truth bearer
> thus his Undefinability Theorem is anchored in an error.

And what is contradictory to ITSELF.

D contradicts H, not D, so not self contradictory.

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unrmut$3gqvp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6523&group=sci.logic#6523

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:47:39 -0600
 by: olcott - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 15:47 UTC

On 1/12/2024 1:03 AM, immibis wrote:
> On 1/12/24 06:39, olcott wrote:

>>> So which inputs are valid to a halting decider? If it isn't ALL
>>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAMS (AND INPUTS) WITH ABSOLUTELY NO
>>> EXCEPTIONS then you are not talking about the same thing that
>>> everyone else is talking about.
>>>

>> *Of course I am not, they are all incorrect*
>
> OK so you haven't solved the halting problem at all. You think you've
> solved a different problem.
When Tarski "proved" that a consistent and correct True(L,x) predicate
cannot exist on the basis of his false assumption that the Liar Paradox
is a truth bearer his mistake must be corrected and the Liar Paradox
rejected as not a truth bearer.

A decider computes the mapping from its input finite string to an accept
or reject state on the basis of a property of this input string.

When the halting problem is defined to report on the behavior of the
non-input direct execution of D(D) when deciders are defined as required
to only report on the behavior of their inputs then the computer science
of this is inconsistent and must be corrected.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unrpdn$3h37m$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6533&group=sci.logic#6533

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:29:43 -0600
 by: olcott - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 16:29 UTC

On 1/12/2024 2:27 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-01-12 04:23:56 +0000, olcott said:

>>> No, it isn't.
>>> It's the same as saying that THE INPUT TO A HALTING DECIDER IS ANY
>>> SYNTACTICALLY VALID PROGRAM AND INPUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
>>>
>>> Do you refute this definition?
>>
>> Yes I do.
>>
>> Self-contradictory inputs must be rejected as semantically unsound.
>
> Note that Olcott's halt decider, according to recent descriptions,
> does not reject the input and does not say anything about its
> semantical soundness but simply gives a wrong answer.
>
> Mikko

01 int D(ptr x) // ptr is pointer to int function
02 {
03 int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
04 if (Halt_Status)
05 HERE: goto HERE;
06 return Halt_Status;
07 }
08
09 void main()
10 {
11 H(D,D);
12 }

It is a verified fact that D correctly simulated by H cannot possibly
reach its own line 06 and halt. Changing the subject to some other
computation is the fallacy of equivocation error or the strawman error.

A decider must compute the mapping from an input finite string to an
accept or reject state on the basis of a property of this finite string
input. Referring to the properties of non-inputs is not allowed.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unrpqk$3h64i$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6539&group=sci.logic#6539

From: new...@immibis.com (immibis)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 17:36:35 +0100
 by: immibis - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 16:36 UTC

On 1/12/24 16:47, olcott wrote:
> On 1/12/2024 1:03 AM, immibis wrote:

>>> *Of course I am not, they are all incorrect*
>>
>> OK so you haven't solved the halting problem at all. You think you've
>> solved a different problem.
> When Tarski "proved" that a consistent and correct True(L,x) predicate
> cannot exist on the basis of his false assumption that the Liar Paradox
> is a truth bearer his mistake must be corrected and the Liar Paradox
> rejected as not a truth bearer.

I haven't read Tarski's proof. Didn't he convert it to an arithmtic
formula? Every arithmetic formula is a truth bearer.

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<uns1ha$3id19$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6547&group=sci.logic#6547

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 12:48:10 -0600
 by: olcott - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 18:48 UTC

On 1/12/2024 10:36 AM, immibis wrote:
> On 1/12/24 16:47, olcott wrote:

>>> OK so you haven't solved the halting problem at all. You think you've
>>> solved a different problem.
>> When Tarski "proved" that a consistent and correct True(L,x) predicate
>> cannot exist on the basis of his false assumption that the Liar Paradox
>> is a truth bearer his mistake must be corrected and the Liar Paradox
>> rejected as not a truth bearer.
>
> I haven't read Tarski's proof. Didn't he convert it to an arithmtic
> formula? Every arithmetic formula is a truth bearer.

He incorrectly proved that no True(L,x) predicate can possibly exist
because such a predicate cannot correctly determine whether the Liar
Paradox is true or false. He didn't seem to notice that it is neither.

He did seem to notice that the Liar Paradox applied to itself is true.
This sentence is not true: "This sentence is not true" is true.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unsmj5$316nt$19@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6562&group=sci.logic#6562

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 19:47:33 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 00:47 UTC

On 1/12/24 1:48 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/12/2024 10:36 AM, immibis wrote:

>>> When Tarski "proved" that a consistent and correct True(L,x) predicate
>>> cannot exist on the basis of his false assumption that the Liar Paradox
>>> is a truth bearer his mistake must be corrected and the Liar Paradox
>>> rejected as not a truth bearer.
>>
>> I haven't read Tarski's proof. Didn't he convert it to an arithmtic
>> formula? Every arithmetic formula is a truth bearer.
>>

> He incorrectly proved that no True(L,x) predicate can possibly exist
> because such a predicate cannot correctly determine whether the Liar
> Paradox is true or false. He didn't seem to notice that it is neither.
>
> He did seem to notice that the Liar Paradox applied to itself is true.
> This sentence is not true: "This sentence is not true" is true.

WHERE did he do this. You have said this many times, but can't point to
the actual statement he did it in.

You Rre just proven to be a liar making untenable claims.

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unsmj7$316nt$20@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6563&group=sci.logic#6563

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 19:47:34 -0500

On 1/12/24 10:47 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/12/2024 1:03 AM, immibis wrote:

>>> *Of course I am not, they are all incorrect*
>>
>> OK so you haven't solved the halting problem at all. You think you've
>> solved a different problem.
> When Tarski "proved" that a consistent and correct True(L,x) predicate
> cannot exist on the basis of his false assumption that the Liar Paradox
> is a truth bearer his mistake must be corrected and the Liar Paradox
> rejected as not a truth bearer.

Where does he assume the Liar Paradox is a Truth Bearer?

Exact line please, or you are just showing yourself to be a LIAR.

> A decider computes the mapping from its input finite string to an accept
> or reject state on the basis of a property of this input string.
>
> When the halting problem is defined to report on the behavior of the
> non-input direct execution of D(D) when deciders are defined as required
> to only report on the behavior of their inputs then the computer science
> of this is inconsistent and must be corrected.

WHy is the behavior of the program described by the input NOT a property
of that input?

That is part of the definition of a Semantic Property.

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<untj7v$3sh4q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6566&group=sci.logic#6566

From: mikko.le...@iki.fi (Mikko)
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 10:56:31 +0200
 by: Mikko - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 08:56 UTC

On 2024-01-12 16:29:43 +0000, olcott said:

> On 1/12/2024 2:27 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> Yes I do.
>>>
>>> Self-contradictory inputs must be rejected as semantically unsound.
>>
>> Note that Olcott's halt decider, according to recent descriptions,
>> does not reject the input and does not say anything about its
>> semantical soundness but simply gives a wrong answer.
>>
>> Mikko
>>

> 01 int D(ptr x) // ptr is pointer to int function
> 02 {
> 03 int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
> 04 if (Halt_Status)
> 05 HERE: goto HERE;
> 06 return Halt_Status;
> 07 }
> 08
> 09 void main()
> 10 {
> 11 H(D,D);
> 12 }
>
> It is a verified fact that D correctly simulated by H cannot possibly
> reach its own line 06 and halt. Changing the subject to some other
> computation is the fallacy of equivocation error or the strawman error.
>
> A decider must compute the mapping from an input finite string to an
> accept or reject state on the basis of a property of this finite string
> input. Referring to the properties of non-inputs is not allowed.

That requirement only applies when the input is valid. If the input
is not valid a decider may do something else instead of accepting
or rejecting.

Mikko

Re: The Liar Paradox Applied To Itself [was: Some definitions for Olcott]

<unttuc$3u0l1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6568&group=sci.logic#6568

From: new...@immibis.com (immibis)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: The Liar Paradox Applied To Itself [was: Some definitions for
Olcott]
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 12:59:08 +0100
 by: immibis - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 11:59 UTC

On 1/12/24 19:48, olcott wrote:
> He did seem to notice that the Liar Paradox applied to itself is true

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> This sentence is not true: "This sentence is not true" is true.

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unu85r$3vchl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6575&group=sci.logic#6575

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 08:53:47 -0600
 by: olcott - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 14:53 UTC

On 1/13/2024 2:56 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-01-12 16:29:43 +0000, olcott said:

>>> Note that Olcott's halt decider, according to recent descriptions,
>>> does not reject the input and does not say anything about its
>>> semantical soundness but simply gives a wrong answer.
>>>
>>> Mikko
>>>

>> 01 int D(ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
>> 02 {
>> 03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
>> 04   if (Halt_Status)
>> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
>> 06   return Halt_Status;
>> 07 }
>> 08
>> 09 void main()
>> 10 {
>> 11   H(D,D);
>> 12 }
>>
>> It is a verified fact that D correctly simulated by H cannot possibly
>> reach its own line 06 and halt. Changing the subject to some other
>> computation is the fallacy of equivocation error or the strawman error.
>>
>> A decider must compute the mapping from an input finite string to an
>> accept or reject state on the basis of a property of this finite string
>> input. Referring to the properties of non-inputs is not allowed.
>
> That requirement only applies when the input is valid. If the input
> is not valid a decider may do something else instead of accepting
> or rejecting.
>
> Mikko

H accepts its input when D correctly simulated by H reaches its
own line 06 and terminates normally, otherwise H rejects this input.
H is not allowed to report on the behavior of non-inputs.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Some definitions for Olcott

<unusi5$35our$6@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6596&group=sci.logic#6596

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:41:41 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 20:41 UTC

On 1/13/24 9:53 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/13/2024 2:56 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> 01 int D(ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
>>> 02 {
>>> 03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
>>> 04   if (Halt_Status)
>>> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
>>> 06   return Halt_Status;
>>> 07 }
>>> 08
>>> 09 void main()
>>> 10 {
>>> 11   H(D,D);
>>> 12 }
>>>
>>> It is a verified fact that D correctly simulated by H cannot possibly
>>> reach its own line 06 and halt. Changing the subject to some other
>>> computation is the fallacy of equivocation error or the strawman error.
>>>
>>> A decider must compute the mapping from an input finite string to an
>>> accept or reject state on the basis of a property of this finite string
>>> input. Referring to the properties of non-inputs is not allowed.
>>
>> That requirement only applies when the input is valid. If the input
>> is not valid a decider may do something else instead of accepting
>> or rejecting.
>>
>> Mikko
>>

> H accepts its input when D correctly simulated by H reaches its
> own line 06 and terminates normally, otherwise H rejects this input.
> H is not allowed to report on the behavior of non-inputs.

Then H is just not a Halt Decider, and actually doesn't exist, as the
only machines that do an actual correct simulation are UTMs, and they
never abort, and just H isn't allowed to "reject" the input.

You are just proving your ignorance and stupidity.