Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
From: cgi...@kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)
Subject: Re: NAPALM : Netizens Against Portly And Long Messages
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 16:15:57 GMT
 by: Charlie Gibbs - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 16:15 UTC

On 2022-09-18, NAPALM <trim@your.post> wrote:

> Salutations to ye netizens of ye olde Usenet. Do any of you know how to
> trim your posts before submitting?
>
> I have to spend most of my Usenet reading time scrolling past quoted
> text, rather than reading. Many posts appear as gangly hydras of broken
> quotational gibberish lines. This ungainly sight is a digital horror.

And, unfortunately, it is taken by many as an excuse to top-post.

In keeping with the topic, the rest of the message is snipped. :-)
(And followups are trimmed to a.f.c.)

--
/~\ Charlie Gibbs | Microsoft is a dictatorship.
\ / <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid> | Apple is a cult.