From: *...@eli.users.panix.com (Eli the Bearded)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: TIL: photopea
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 23:33:52 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Eli the Bearded - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 23:33 UTC

Today I learned that someone has a Photoshop clone project implemented
in Javascript on a web page. It's (mostly) not open source and some
features are paid, but it's a lot more cross-platform than Adobe's
projects.

The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started in
2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.

Elijah
------
has tried it on Linux, but not on Android (or other mobile)

Re: TIL: photopea

<d6laph-vt8.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=669&group=comp.misc#669

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Re: TIL: photopea
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:52:13 -0400
 by: songbird - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 23:52 UTC

Eli the Bearded wrote:
> Today I learned that someone has a Photoshop clone project implemented
> in Javascript on a web page. It's (mostly) not open source and some
> features are paid, but it's a lot more cross-platform than Adobe's
> projects.
>
> The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started in
> 2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.

what's wrong with gimp?

songbird

Re: TIL: photopea

<s9u9fu$518$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=670&group=comp.misc#670

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:07:24 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 00:07 UTC

On 06/10/2021 04:52 PM, songbird wrote:
> Eli the Bearded wrote:
>> Today I learned that someone has a Photoshop clone project implemented
>> in Javascript on a web page. It's (mostly) not open source and some
>> features are paid, but it's a lot more cross-platform than Adobe's
>> projects.
>>
>> The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started in
>> 2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.
>
> what's wrong with gimp?

Too complex. I mostly just want to crop, enlarge or shrink, lighten or
darken, or sharpen. Being confronted with a huge number of menus is
daunting.

I like Picasa. I can't upgrade to a PROPER 64-bit linux system because
I have to run this bastardized thing that allows me to run 32-bit
applications. I don't think I can even transfer it to another machine
-- it does some weird thing under a wine that it brought with it and
then hid somewhere. This causes family friction :-(

I'd like it to do perspective repair as well as straightening, but if I
really want to do that there's always GIMP. If I can remember how to do
it. Or where the instructions are....

--
Cheers, Bev
Linux -- the ultimate freebie!

Re: TIL: photopea

<iih0pmF7qvhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=671&group=comp.misc#671

From: news0...@eager.cx (Bob Eager)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: 11 Jun 2021 11:47:02 GMT
 by: Bob Eager - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:47 UTC

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:07:24 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 06/10/2021 04:52 PM, songbird wrote:
>> Eli the Bearded wrote:
>>> Today I learned that someone has a Photoshop clone project implemented
>>> in Javascript on a web page. It's (mostly) not open source and some
>>> features are paid, but it's a lot more cross-platform than Adobe's
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started in
>>> 2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.
>>
>> what's wrong with gimp?
>
> Too complex. I mostly just want to crop, enlarge or shrink, lighten or
> darken, or sharpen. Being confronted with a huge number of menus is
> daunting.

I recommend:

https://youtu.be/O72rmRmBIMw

This is a free online course. The actual course is hosted elsewhere.
There is a book, too. That's available from Amazon, but there's also a
free PDF.

Materials include downloads to customise GIMP to look like PhotoShop
(which is no less complex).

--
Using UNIX since v6 (1975)...

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Re: TIL: photopea

<sa03b8$ns6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=672&group=comp.misc#672

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:34:46 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:34 UTC

On 06/11/2021 04:47 AM, Bob Eager wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:07:24 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

>>> what's wrong with gimp?
>>
>> Too complex. I mostly just want to crop, enlarge or shrink, lighten or
>> darken, or sharpen. Being confronted with a huge number of menus is
>> daunting.
>
> I recommend:
>
> https://youtu.be/O72rmRmBIMw
>
> This is a free online course. The actual course is hosted elsewhere.
> There is a book, too. That's available from Amazon, but there's also a
> free PDF.
>
> Materials include downloads to customise GIMP to look like PhotoShop
> (which is no less complex).

That's for people who actually WANT to do that level of manipulation :-)
I know people like that. Their pictures are wonderful. They go for
Ansel Adams-class photos. I'm satisfied with 'recognizable as
<whatever> without a lot of extraneous crap'.

For some people practice does NOT make perfect :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
Hmph. I used to have snow tires. Never again. They melted in the

Re: TIL: photopea

<eli$2106111423@qaz.wtf>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=673&group=comp.misc#673

From: *...@eli.users.panix.com (Eli the Bearded)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 18:23:43 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Eli the Bearded - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 18:23 UTC

In comp.misc, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
> Eli the Bearded wrote:
>> The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started in
>> 2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.
> what's wrong with gimp?

Nothing particularly. But it's also not perfect. Alternatives are good.

Gimp is awfully slow for some edits, and I was using xv instead for a
while, but I noticed some quirks with xv distorting images, so I'm back
to Gimp.

With xv I can open a file, crop, save it (overwriting original) and quit
in less time than it takes Gimp to start up. But xv scales larger than
screen size images down for display and the cropped and saved version
is of the scaled down view rather than being a crop of the original.

Photopea is not going to take over for that workflow for me, but I'm
likely to consider it on systems without Gimp installed already (eg
work computers).

Elijah
------
xv is a pain to compile on modern Linux

Re: TIL: photopea

<iii02oF7qvhU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=674&group=comp.misc#674

From: news0...@eager.cx (Bob Eager)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: 11 Jun 2021 20:40:56 GMT
 by: Bob Eager - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 20:40 UTC

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:34:46 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

>> I recommend:
>>
>> https://youtu.be/O72rmRmBIMw
>>
>> This is a free online course. The actual course is hosted elsewhere.
>> There is a book, too. That's available from Amazon, but there's also a
>> free PDF.
>>
>> Materials include downloads to customise GIMP to look like PhotoShop
>> (which is no less complex).
>
> That's for people who actually WANT to do that level of manipulation
> I know people like that. Their pictures are wonderful. They go for
> Ansel Adams-class photos. I'm satisfied with 'recognizable as
> <whatever>
> without a lot of extraneous crap'.

I'm not at that level but I like to learn. And it occupied me fdor a
while during lockdown!

--
Using UNIX since v6 (1975)...

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Re: TIL: photopea

<sa0ll3$i1i$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=675&group=comp.misc#675

From: ric...@example.invalid (Rich)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:47:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rich - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:47 UTC

Eli the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:
> With xv I can open a file, crop, save it (overwriting original) and quit
> in less time than it takes Gimp to start up.

Indeed. I use XV for cropping/rotating/inverting for the same reason.

> But xv scales larger than screen size images down for display and the
> cropped and saved version is of the scaled down view rather than
> being a crop of the original.

In the save dialog, just above the box where you enter the filename to
save into, is a checkbox labeled "Normal Size". Check the box to "on"
before saving and XV will save at the original image resolution, not
the scaled to screen size version.

Your crop (if you made one) will also be scaled to crop the original
resolution image in the same image location as you positioned the crop
box in the screen size version.

Re: TIL: photopea

<60c3de62$0$22703$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=676&group=comp.misc#676

Newsgroups: comp.misc
From: dverb...@xs4all.nl (Dirk T. Verbeek)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 00:06:24 +0200
 by: Dirk T. Verbeek - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:06 UTC

Op 11-06-2021 om 01:52 schreef songbird:
> Eli the Bearded wrote:
>> Today I learned that someone has a Photoshop clone project implemented
>> in Javascript on a web page. It's (mostly) not open source and some
>> features are paid, but it's a lot more cross-platform than Adobe's
>> projects.
>>
>> The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started in
>> 2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.
>

> what's wrong with gimp?
>

> songbird

As a KDE user I really like showFoto for the simpler edits.

Re: TIL: photopea

<sa0o16$78p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=677&group=comp.misc#677

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 15:27:49 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:27 UTC

On 06/11/2021 11:23 AM, Eli the Bearded wrote:
> In comp.misc, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
>> Eli the Bearded wrote:
>>> The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started in
>>> 2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.
>> what's wrong with gimp?
>
> Nothing particularly. But it's also not perfect. Alternatives are good.
>
> Gimp is awfully slow for some edits, and I was using xv instead for a
> while, but I noticed some quirks with xv distorting images, so I'm back
> to Gimp.
>
> With xv I can open a file, crop, save it (overwriting original) and quit
> in less time than it takes Gimp to start up. But xv scales larger than
> screen size images down for display and the cropped and saved version
> is of the scaled down view rather than being a crop of the original.

I like xv for fast stuff, but it doesn't preserve the exif data, which
is annoying. You can't blow up photos with Picasa, unfortunately.
There's always something...

> Photopea is not going to take over for that workflow for me, but I'm
> likely to consider it on systems without Gimp installed already (eg
> work computers).
>
> Elijah
> ------
> xv is a pain to compile on modern Linux

I sent the guy email to say thank you. He actually responded!

--
Cheers, Bev
"If you expect to score points by whining, join a European soccer team."

Re: TIL: photopea

<sa102a$10s3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=678&group=comp.misc#678

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 00:44:59 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 00:44 UTC

Eli the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:
> In comp.misc, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
>> Eli the Bearded wrote:
>>> The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started in
>>> 2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.
>> what's wrong with gimp?
>
> Nothing particularly. But it's also not perfect. Alternatives are good.
>
> Gimp is awfully slow for some edits, and I was using xv instead for a
> while, but I noticed some quirks with xv distorting images, so I'm back
> to Gimp.

mtPaint works pretty well for me. IrFanView running under Wine has
a few more functions and wider format support, but mtPaint is
enough for most jobs.

What I do want is a Linux program with photo print formatting
options equivalent to IrFanView (that's a part that doesn't work
under Wine of course). The closest I've found is PhotoPrint, and
that somehow manages to be unbelievably slow.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: TIL: photopea

<iikf4cFs9k7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=679&group=comp.misc#679

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 20:10:04 +0100
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 19:10 UTC

On 11/06/2021 21:40, Bob Eager wrote:

>> That's for people who actually WANT to do that level of manipulation
>> I know people like that. Their pictures are wonderful. They go for
>> Ansel Adams-class photos. I'm satisfied with 'recognizable as
>> <whatever>
>> without a lot of extraneous crap'.
>
> I'm not at that level but I like to learn. And it occupied me fdor a
> while during lockdown!

One of the best bitmap image editors for Windows for me was paint.NET,

https://www.getpaint.net/

and there is an much improved clone of that called Pinta

https://www.pinta-project.com/

which is available in the software libraries of most Linux distributions.

Gimp is really calling out to tooled-up Photoshop users, however "if you
want to get here you don't need to fly from there"

--
Adrian C

Re: TIL: photopea

<20210615172036.og7dd2e5fmldoceq@violet.siamics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=690&group=comp.misc#690

From: iva...@siamics.net (Ivan Shmakov)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 17:20:37 +0000
 by: Ivan Shmakov - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 17:20 UTC

>>> The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started
>>> in 2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.

>> what's wrong with gimp?

> Nothing particularly. But it's also not perfect. Alternatives are good.

Not that I do much image editing, but I've found some uses for
Darktable as well.

> Gimp is awfully slow for some edits, and I was using xv instead for
> a while, but I noticed some quirks with xv distorting images, so I'm
> back to Gimp.

> With xv I can open a file, crop, save it (overwriting original) and
> quit in less time than it takes Gimp to start up.

For simpler tasks, such as cropping, it used to be possible
to speed up Gimp startup somewhat by using --no-data.

Though I tend to just use Graphicsmagick, Netpbm and jpegtran(1).
(And hope to find some Vim-like graphics editor some day.
Or Emacs-like, that'd also work for me.)

[...]

--
FSF associate member #7257 http://am-1.org/~ivan/

Re: TIL: photopea

<eli$2106151432@qaz.wtf>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=691&group=comp.misc#691

From: *...@eli.users.panix.com (Eli the Bearded)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:01:26 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Eli the Bearded - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:01 UTC

In comp.misc, Ivan Shmakov <ivan@siamics.net> wrote:
> Not that I do much image editing, but I've found some uses for
> Darktable as well.

I'm not familiar with that program but maybe I should try it.

> Though I tend to just use Graphicsmagick, Netpbm and jpegtran(1).

I use netpbm and compatible tools for a lot of image processing. (I even
use them on my phone.) Nothing command line really comes close to the
convience of drawing a box on a picture to select the crop area.

> (And hope to find some Vim-like graphics editor some day.
> Or Emacs-like, that'd also work for me.)

<ctrl-V>20l30jy

To copy a 2:3 bit of an image? I like vim, and have vi keybindings
deeply ingrained for text, but I don't know that I'd find them handy for
images.

What I'd really love for "everyday" image editing is a fast tool that
does just these things:

1. Cropping (by mouse selected bounding box)
2. Resizing (max image size to N pixels)
3. Straightening (select two points and have the line between
them be perfectly horizontal or perfectly vertical)
4. Very simple annotation: draw contrast color lines, circles,
boxes, add labels
5. (Nice to have, but not needed) De-keystone. Select four
points and stretch or shrink the image to make those the
corners of a perfect rectangle.

I have netpbm tool scripts for 2 and 3, but I use information from
Gimp to get the points for 3. I also have a cgi / netpbm tool for 1,
where I can select upper left corner and lower right corner and get an
image back, but that's not polished/fast enough for me to really like.

2. mkppm ; mkthnail --max ; mkjpg
https://qaz.wtf/netpbm/mkppm
https://qaz.wtf/netpbm/mkthnail
https://qaz.wtf/netpbm/mkjpg

I use this on my phone to scale images (and strip exif)
prior to upload for privacy and speed reasons. I find it's
faster to resize then upload than to upload full size then
resize. I have a gallery tool that crops images on my phone,
when I need that. My script on the phone can upload to my
Usenet share directory, my blog, or to Imgur after the resize.

3: mkrotate in -l mode
https://qaz.wtf/netpbm/mkrotate

Elijah
------
has never published the web crop tool

Re: TIL: photopea

<60dad79a$0$3988$e4fe514c@usenet.xs4all.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=695&group=comp.misc#695

Newsgroups: comp.misc
From: dverb...@xs4all.nl (Dirk T. Verbeek)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 10:19:37 +0200
 by: Dirk T. Verbeek - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 08:19 UTC

Op 15-06-2021 om 21:01 schreef Eli the Bearded:
> In comp.misc, Ivan Shmakov <ivan@siamics.net> wrote:
>> Not that I do much image editing, but I've found some uses for
>> Darktable as well.
>
> I'm not familiar with that program but maybe I should try it.
>
>> Though I tend to just use Graphicsmagick, Netpbm and jpegtran(1).
>
> I use netpbm and compatible tools for a lot of image processing. (I even
> use them on my phone.) Nothing command line really comes close to the
> convience of drawing a box on a picture to select the crop area.
>
>> (And hope to find some Vim-like graphics editor some day.
>> Or Emacs-like, that'd also work for me.)
>
> <ctrl-V>20l30jy
>
> To copy a 2:3 bit of an image? I like vim, and have vi keybindings
> deeply ingrained for text, but I don't know that I'd find them handy for
> images.
>
> What I'd really love for "everyday" image editing is a fast tool that
> does just these things:
>
> 1. Cropping (by mouse selected bounding box)
> 2. Resizing (max image size to N pixels)
> 3. Straightening (select two points and have the line between
> them be perfectly horizontal or perfectly vertical)
> 4. Very simple annotation: draw contrast color lines, circles,
> boxes, add labels
> 5. (Nice to have, but not needed) De-keystone. Select four
> points and stretch or shrink the image to make those the
> corners of a perfect rectangle.

Most of this and more is supported by Gwenview and showFoto, no need for
wine and Iranview.

> I have netpbm tool scripts for 2 and 3, but I use information from
> Gimp to get the points for 3. I also have a cgi / netpbm tool for 1,
> where I can select upper left corner and lower right corner and get an
> image back, but that's not polished/fast enough for me to really like.
>
> 2. mkppm ; mkthnail --max ; mkjpg
> https://qaz.wtf/netpbm/mkppm
> https://qaz.wtf/netpbm/mkthnail
> https://qaz.wtf/netpbm/mkjpg
>
> I use this on my phone to scale images (and strip exif)
> prior to upload for privacy and speed reasons. I find it's
> faster to resize then upload than to upload full size then
> resize. I have a gallery tool that crops images on my phone,
> when I need that. My script on the phone can upload to my
> Usenet share directory, my blog, or to Imgur after the resize.
>
> 3: mkrotate in -l mode
> https://qaz.wtf/netpbm/mkrotate
>
> Elijah
> ------
> has never published the web crop tool

Re: TIL: photopea

<sbevkp$14a2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=696&group=comp.misc#696

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 11:19:54 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 11:19 UTC

Ivan Shmakov <ivan@siamics.net> wrote:

> Though I tend to just use Graphicsmagick, Netpbm and jpegtran(1).
> (And hope to find some Vim-like graphics editor some day.
> Or Emacs-like, that'd also work for me.)

I recently discovered this set of scripts for Image Magick which
do some pretty clever (though not relevent to the needs of the OP)
stuff. I've processed over 2,000 images through one today (took a
while):
http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/index.php

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: TIL: photopea

<eli$2106291537@qaz.wtf>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=697&group=comp.misc#697

From: *...@eli.users.panix.com (Eli the Bearded)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 19:37:33 -0000 (UTC)
XFrom: is a real address
Encrypted: double rot-13
 by: Eli the Bearded - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 19:37 UTC

In comp.misc, Computer Nerd Kev <not@telling.you.invalid> wrote:
> I recently discovered this set of scripts for Image Magick which
> do some pretty clever (though not relevent to the needs of the OP)
> stuff. I've processed over 2,000 images through one today (took a
> while):
> http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/index.php

An interesting set of examples, but urg. That presentation is not to
my tastes. Every page is filled with a ton of buttons to go to pages
for individual scripts, which pushes all of the script specific detail
(or in the case of the main page, the examples for each tool) below the
fold. None of the scripts can be viewed in browser for grabbing
fragments of code, or just inspection.

I find imagemagick frustrating to use due to poor documentation, and
othen need to examine scripts _and_ experiment a bunch to get it to do
what I want. Examining scripts in browser is often faster than
downloading and opening them in a separate window.

A great many are of very limited use (lupe: "Applies a
magnifying glass effect in a local area of an image.") Others seem
somewhat incomplete: the greenscreen[*] can only remove green
backgrounds. If you want to remove gray or blue, tough luck. And while
greenscreen kinda worked, using the sample image with the sample command
line, it spewed a bunch of errors in the process and then gave me a black
and white image with a transparent background instead of a color one.

$ bash ./greenscreen -t 22 -a 2000 -s 0 -A 2 -b none player_green.png output.png
../greenscreen: line 96: type: ./greenscreen: not found
dirname: missing operand
Try 'dirname --help' for more information.
basename: missing operand
Try 'basename --help' for more information.
convert-im6.q16: width or height exceeds limit `black' @ error/cache.c/OpenPixelCache/3839.
convert-im6.q16: ImageSequenceRequired `-composite' @ error/mogrify.c/MogrifyImageList/7989.
convert-im6.q16: no images defined `./GREENSCREEN.26524/lut.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3258.
convert-im6.q16: unable to open image `./GREENSCREEN.26524/lut.png': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2701.
convert-im6.q16: ImageSequenceRequired `-clut' @ error/mogrify.c/MogrifyImageList/7864.
convert-im6.q16: profile 'icc': 'RGB ': RGB color space not permitted on grayscale PNG `output.png' @ warning/png.c/MagickPNGWarningHandler/1654.
$

[*] http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/greenscreen/index.php

(My own example scripts are probably just as guilty of being incomplete.
Difference is, I'm pretty sure I make that clear from the web
presentation and I don't offer commercial licensing.)

Elijah
------
only found one script with a de-keystone example, but not easy to use

Re: TIL: photopea

<sbgbr9$124s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=698&group=comp.misc#698

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 23:54:17 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 23:54 UTC

Eli the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:
> In comp.misc, Computer Nerd Kev <not@telling.you.invalid> wrote:
>> I recently discovered this set of scripts for Image Magick which
>> do some pretty clever (though not relevent to the needs of the OP)
>> stuff. I've processed over 2,000 images through one today (took a
>> while):
>> http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/index.php
>
> An interesting set of examples, but urg. That presentation is not to
> my tastes. Every page is filled with a ton of buttons to go to pages
> for individual scripts, which pushes all of the script specific detail
> (or in the case of the main page, the examples for each tool) below the
> fold. None of the scripts can be viewed in browser for grabbing
> fragments of code, or just inspection.

I fully agree, and would add that some HTML bugs mess up the links
when viewing in Dillo as well. However at least there are short
descriptions and examples of usage, compared with the ones here:
https://legacy.imagemagick.org/Usage/scripts/

Where for a lack of examples, I'm not really sure whether this
script is a useful alternative to "greenscreen" or not:
https://legacy.imagemagick.org/Usage/scripts/bg_removal

> I find imagemagick frustrating to use due to poor documentation, and
> othen need to examine scripts _and_ experiment a bunch to get it to do
> what I want.

Yes I've had the same trouble.

> A great many are of very limited use (lupe: "Applies a
> magnifying glass effect in a local area of an image.") Others seem
> somewhat incomplete: the greenscreen[*] can only remove green
> backgrounds. If you want to remove gray or blue, tough luck. And while
> greenscreen kinda worked, using the sample image with the sample command
> line, it spewed a bunch of errors in the process and then gave me a black
> and white image with a transparent background instead of a color one.

Hmm, I've had better luck so far but have only had a real go at using
a couple of them.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: TIL: photopea

<20210702135428.dd2b4f83f119cc34bc5df6e8@amongus.com.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=701&group=comp.misc#701

From: fun...@amongus.com.invalid (Retrograde)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 13:54:28 -0400
 by: Retrograde - Fri, 2 Jul 2021 17:54 UTC

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 23:33:52 +0000 (UTC)
Eli the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:

> Today I learned that someone has a Photoshop clone project implemented
> in Javascript on a web page. It's (mostly) not open source and some
> features are paid, but it's a lot more cross-platform than Adobe's
> projects.
>
> The website is https://photopea.com/ and it seems to have started in
> 2013 after a private attempt to clone Photoshop in 2012.

I use it semi-frequently, including from a Chromebox where there is no
alternative. On Linux I usually reach for Gimp, which is already
installed.

Photopea is good software, and I like its interface.