From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: 40tude Dialog in Dark Mode?
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 09:39:52 +0000
 by: Jim S - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 09:39 UTC

I have got most of my pc set up in Dark Mode. I can get the windows in
Dialog to white on black, but the outline and toolbars are still white. It
really doesn't matter, but then iy might be nice.
--
Jim S

Re: 40tude Dialog in Dark Mode?

<omgpu3y4s8yn.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=684&group=news.software.readers#684

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Re: 40tude Dialog in Dark Mode?
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 14:17:36 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 19:17 UTC

Jim S <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:

> I have got most of my pc set up in Dark Mode. I can get the windows in
> Dialog to white on black, but the outline and toolbars are still white. It
> really doesn't matter, but then iy might be nice.

Support for Dialog died back in 2002, with a minor update showing up in
2005. The author long ago abandoned Dialog. It's still good enough,
and very configurable with scripts on events, that I still use it.
There haven't been any changes nor support since 2005, or earlier, so
something like dark mode will never happen for Dialog.

Under Settings -> General -> Fonts/Colors, I saw settings for the
newsgroups and header panes, but nothing for the message pane. However,
going to Settings -> General -> Article colors shows some color options
for the messages pane. Have you played with those? Part of coloring of
article is to use different colors for different styles or indentation
to facilitate seeing who said what to whom. If you reverse the
background color, it can be hardware to get colors to stand out with as
much contrast on a black background than on white background.

Might be possible with the coloring options in Dialog to achieve the
same results, but there never was and never will be a dark mode option.

Re: 40tude Dialog in Dark Mode?

<47dr5p5ipvx6.1iruy64gnyurb$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=685&group=news.software.readers#685

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 20:08:31 +0000
 by: Jim S - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 20:08 UTC

On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 14:17:36 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

> Jim S <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have got most of my pc set up in Dark Mode. I can get the windows in
>> Dialog to white on black, but the outline and toolbars are still white. It
>> really doesn't matter, but then iy might be nice.
>
> Support for Dialog died back in 2002, with a minor update showing up in
> 2005. The author long ago abandoned Dialog. It's still good enough,
> and very configurable with scripts on events, that I still use it.
> There haven't been any changes nor support since 2005, or earlier, so
> something like dark mode will never happen for Dialog.
>
> Under Settings -> General -> Fonts/Colors, I saw settings for the
> newsgroups and header panes, but nothing for the message pane. However,
> going to Settings -> General -> Article colors shows some color options
> for the messages pane. Have you played with those? Part of coloring of
> article is to use different colors for different styles or indentation
> to facilitate seeing who said what to whom. If you reverse the
> background color, it can be hardware to get colors to stand out with as
> much contrast on a black background than on white background.
>
> Might be possible with the coloring options in Dialog to achieve the
> same results, but there never was and never will be a dark mode option.

As I thought. No harm in asking. Still the best newsreaser IMO. All my
pames are White on Black + the other set coloured text for older postings.
--
Jim S