From: larsande...@glocalnet.se (Lars Anders)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: C:\Windows\system32>su administrator
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 05:18:23 +0100
 by: Lars Anders - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 04:18 UTC

C:\Windows\system32>su administrator
'su' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I am the only one who uses my laptop and I set it up normally (as I recall)
something like five or more years ago, and I've never logged into the
administrator account explicitly.

When I right click to run as admin on an executable it doesn't ask for the
password when the User Account Control box comes up.

When I want to open an admin command prompt, I use the search to find the
"Run as administrator" shortcut which doesn't ask me for a password when
the User Account Control box comes up.

Or I just type Win+R > cmd {ctrl+shft+enter} which does the same thing.

Then in the command prompt I ask "whoami" and it says "you/you" and not
"admin/admin" which works for me because I have admin permissions.

But how would I even know what the admin password is that I set years ago?
Obviously I'll have to use trial and error (I have ideas what it could be).

But is there a way from my user account to "log into" the admin?
Sort of like how Linux has the switch user "su" command?

C:\Windows\system32>su administrator

Re: C:\Windows\system32>su administrator

<0001HW.2986C4B2033B7F3F70000726D38F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=68519&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#68519

Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 10:13:54 -0500
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (WolfFan)
Subject: Re: C:\Windows\system32>su administrator
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
 by: WolfFan - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 15:13 UTC

On Jan 28, 2023, Lars Anders wrote
(in article <tr4s21$cp79$1@paganini.bofh.team>):

> C:\Windows\system32>su administrator
> 'su' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

’su’ is a Unix command. It’s not available in MS command line.

> I am the only one who uses my laptop and I set it up normally (as I recall)
> something like five or more years ago, and I've never logged into the
> administrator account explicitly.

Unless you set up a separate standard account, you are logging into an admin
account, the account set up when you first set up a WinBox is an admin
account. You can also set up the built-in admin account; until Vista it was
live automatically, since Vista you have to enable it. See, for example,
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/enable-disable-built-in-administrator-
account-windows-10/

> When I right click to run as admin on an executable it doesn't ask for the
> password when the User Account Control box comes up.

You probably are using an admin account.

> When I want to open an admin command prompt, I use the search to find the
> "Run as administrator" shortcut which doesn't ask me for a password when
> the User Account Control box comes up.

You almost certainly are using an admin account.

> Or I just type Win+R > cmd {ctrl+shft+enter} which does the same thing.
>
> Then in the command prompt I ask "whoami" and it says "you/you" and not
> "admin/admin" which works for me because I have admin permissions.
>
> But how would I even know what the admin password is that I set years ago?
> Obviously I'll have to use trial and error (I have ideas what it could be).
>
> But is there a way from my user account to "log into" the admin?
> Sort of like how Linux has the switch user "su" command?
>
> C:\Windows\system32>su administrator

Enable the built-in, and switch users.

Re: C:\Windows\system32>su administrator

<tr66e5$3mrp3$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=68562&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#68562

From: cri...@removespam.me.com (cris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 12:51:40 -0330
 by: cris - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 16:21 UTC

[https://sourceforge.net/projects/surun/]

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runas]

[https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-xp/bb490994(v=technet.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN]

> See, for example,
> https://www.groovypost.com/howto/enable-disable-built-in-administrator-
> account-windows-10/

SteelRunAs
http://www.steelsonic.com/

WinGnut Encrypted RunAs
https://www.wingnutsoftware.com/

RunAs Professional
https://www.mast-computer.com/c_9-l_en.html

Secure Runner
http://www.dolinaysoft.com/secure_runner.htm

RunAsTool
https://www.sordum.org/8727/runastool-v1-5/

> You probably are using an admin account.

RunAs Microsoft Windows
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-xp/bb490994(v=technet.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

CPAU
http://www.joeware.net/freetools/tools/cpau/

RunAsSpc
https://robotronic.net/runasspcen.html

Runapp
https://www.horland.de/runapp-download.html

> You almost certainly are using an admin account.

RunItAs
https://runitas.en.softonic.com/

RunAsGui
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Encrypting/RunAsGUI.shtml