From: har...@home.com
Subject: Plex Media Server: Manage videos, audio files stored on USB hard drive
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 21:48:06 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
 by: har...@home.com - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 19:48 UTC

Is this the Plex mentioned?

https://kb.netgear.com/31303/How-do-I-add-content-to-my-Plex-Media-Server-library-on-my-Nighthawk-X10-R9000-router

Plex Media Server helps you manage your photos, videos, and audio
files that are stored on an external USB hard drive that is attached
to your Nighthawk X10 R9000 router. For you to stream your media
files, you must add them to your Plex library first.

Re: Plex Media Server: Manage videos, audio files stored on USB hard drive

<efi1gidrsomrjp9beo7a9naid0c2stnb72@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6878&group=alt.windows7.general#6878

From: non...@none.invalid (Char Jackson)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 15:41:58 -0500
 by: Char Jackson - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 20:41 UTC

On Tue, 12 Sep 2023 21:48:06 +0200 (CEST), harry@home.com wrote:

>Is this the Plex mentioned?
>
>https://kb.netgear.com/31303/How-do-I-add-content-to-my-Plex-Media-Server-library-on-my-Nighthawk-X10-R9000-router
>
>Plex Media Server helps you manage your photos, videos, and audio
>files that are stored on an external USB hard drive that is attached
>to your Nighthawk X10 R9000 router. For you to stream your media
>files, you must add them to your Plex library first.

I'm sure it's the same thing, but most of us don't have a Nighthawk router so
we'd sign up for a free account at https://www.plex.tv/.

Create one or more Plex libraries, then dump your video files, audio files,
etc., into the folders that correlate to your new Plex libraries. Plex does the
rest, going out to the Internet to get 'cards', trailers, subtitles, actor and
director info, and lots more. At that point, you're pretty much ready to watch
TV. That reminds me, Plex itself has over 300 live TV channels w/commercials
that are free to watch. Plex also has a large on-demand movie library, where
older movies rotate in and out on a regular basis. I mostly use Plex, though, to
watch movies from my own collection.

By default, Plex is limited to streaming within your LAN. You can, however, open
it up to the Internet so that you can watch movies when you're away from home,
or to allow family or friends to use it. I haven't done any of that, other than
a short test to see how well it works. It worked fine.