I am NOT a kludge! I am a computer! -- tts

computers / alt.os.linux.mint / Re: Is there any Linux software

SubjectAuthor
* Is there any Linux softwareNic
`* Re: Is there any Linux softwareBig Al
 `* Re: Is there any Linux softwareNic
  +* Re: Is there any Linux softwareNickel & Dime
  |`* Re: Is there any Linux softwareNic
  | `* Re: Is there any Linux softwareNic
  |  `* Re: Is there any Linux softwarePaul
  |   `* Re: Is there any Linux softwareNic
  |    `- Re: Is there any Linux softwareMike Easter
  `- Re: Is there any Linux softwareDan C

1
Is there any Linux software

<pLGRM.311496$%uv8.177447@fx15.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6879&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6879

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Subject: Is there any Linux software
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:49:25 -0400
 by: Nic - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 20:49 UTC

that can monitor my pacemaker that is implanted into my heart?

--
Pity the fool who followed his GPS over the cliff

Re: Is there any Linux software

<uf7f42$f3jv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6880&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6880

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Is there any Linux software
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:21:06 -0400
 by: Big Al - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 21:21 UTC

On 9/29/23 16:49, this is what Nic wrote:
> that can monitor my pacemaker that is implanted into my heart?

Ask your doctor. He knows better the model and it's abilities.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Is there any Linux software

<jpHRM.311499$%uv8.228321@fx15.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6881&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6881

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:34:07 -0400
 by: Nic - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 21:34 UTC

On 9/29/23 5:21 PM, Big Al wrote:
> On 9/29/23 16:49, this is what Nic wrote:
>> that can monitor my pacemaker that is implanted into my heart?
>>

> Ask your doctor.  He knows better the model and it's abilities.
Ah yes my doctor, who will soon be taken down by the World Health
Organization. I mentioned it to him the other day, and he held back that
last laugh as if he could see a path through this madness.
The best medicine comes from natural ways that our bodies were designed
to evolve towards and as of yet there has not been a way to make profit
from the natural process, .

Re: Is there any Linux software

<pcIRM.559193$4l28.81848@usenetxs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6882&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6882

From: nickel&d...@none.invalid (Nickel & Dime)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:28:35 -0400
 by: Nickel & Dime - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:28 UTC

On 9/29/2023 21:34, Nic wrote:
>> On 9/29/23 16:49, this is what Nic wrote:
>>
>>> that can monitor my pacemaker that is implanted into my heart?
>>>
> The best medicine comes from natural ways that our bodies were designed
> to evolve towards

If you honestly believed what you say, you would have no pacemaker and
let nature take its course.

Re: Is there any Linux software

<KjIRM.311503$%uv8.11357@fx15.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6883&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6883

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:36:26 -0400
 by: Nic - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:36 UTC

On 9/29/23 6:28 PM, Nickel & Dime wrote:

>> The best medicine comes from natural ways that our bodies were designed
>> to evolve towards
> If you honestly believed what you say, you would have no pacemaker and
> let nature take its course.
>

> With that pacemaker and the natural course, the cards that you are dealt can be carried to the next level.

Re: Is there any Linux software

<uLIRM.311508$%uv8.186255@fx15.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6884&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6884

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 19:06:02 -0400
 by: Nic - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:06 UTC

On 9/29/23 6:36 PM, Nic wrote:

>>> The best medicine comes from natural ways that our bodies were designed
>>> to evolve towards
>> If you honestly believed what you say, you would have no pacemaker and
>> let nature take its course.
>>

>> With that pacemaker and the natural course, the cards that you are
>> dealt can be carried to the next level.

I was feeling really shitty, losing weight and appatite, my cardiologist
said get a pacemeker.

The PaceMaker is bringing blood to my remote places, a weak heart is not
equel to a quiet life style, but then you are primal freeware
enthuasists, and the Final Truth is what most lies should be buried with.

Re: Is there any Linux software

<uf7rms$h7j6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6885&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6885

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 20:55:55 -0400
 by: Paul - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 00:55 UTC

On 9/29/2023 7:06 PM, Nic wrote:
> On 9/29/23 6:36 PM, Nic wrote:

>>> If you honestly believed what you say, you would have no pacemaker and
>>> let nature take its course.
>>>

>>> With that pacemaker and the natural course, the cards that you are dealt can be carried to the next level.
>>

> I was feeling really shitty, losing weight and appatite, my cardiologist said get a pacemeker.
>
> The PaceMaker is bringing blood to my remote places, a weak heart is not equel to a quiet life style, but then you are primal freeware enthuasists, and the Final Truth is what most lies should be buried with.

I presume you had a work-up, and this was not just some random
off-the-cuff remark from the doctor.

I got a series of visits to Nuclear Medicine for my heart condition,
and it takes, like, a year, for them to make up their minds
what the details are. The wait to get a CT/PET scan at my hospital
is five months (the scans take so long, they can't run a lot of
people through the machine per day).

If the pacemaker didn't "fix your losing weight and appetite", I hope
you told someone. It's always possible to have two medical conditions
at the same time.

Attitude is important when you're dealing with doctors. Put on a good show.
Appear animated and interested. If not, bring a helper who can
appear animated and interested :-)

Paul

Re: Is there any Linux software

<ExURM.30342$NkG.18093@fx41.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6886&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6886

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 08:30:28 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 12:30 UTC

On 9/29/23 8:55 PM, Paul wrote:
> On 9/29/2023 7:06 PM, Nic wrote:

>> I was feeling really shitty, losing weight and appatite, my cardiologist said get a pacemeker.
>>
>> The PaceMaker is bringing blood to my remote places, a weak heart is not equel to a quiet life style, but then you are primal freeware enthuasists, and the Final Truth is what most lies should be buried with.
>>
> I presume you had a work-up, and this was not just some random
> off-the-cuff remark from the doctor.
>
> I got a series of visits to Nuclear Medicine for my heart condition,
> and it takes, like, a year, for them to make up their minds
> what the details are. The wait to get a CT/PET scan at my hospital
> is five months (the scans take so long, they can't run a lot of
> people through the machine per day).
>
> If the pacemaker didn't "fix your losing weight and appetite", I hope
> you told someone. It's always possible to have two medical conditions
> at the same time.
>
> Attitude is important when you're dealing with doctors. Put on a good show.
> Appear animated and interested. If not, bring a helper who can
> appear animated and interested :-)
>
> Paul
The work-up was about a left bundle branch blockage that could not be
repaired by surgery, thus a pace maker could directly stimulate the left
side of the heart that was not pumping/working properly. It seems to
have worked, appetite is improving and I am putting weight back on. Now
if they could figure out a cure for gout, I could go back to drinking
beer. I also quit smoking cigarettes. I will try to see what  software
is used on that ipad that can dial-up or down the rate of my pacemaker.

Re: Is there any Linux software

<knqr4tF9o3gU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6887&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6887

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 07:54:20 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:54 UTC

Nic wrote:
> Now if they could figure out a cure for gout, I could go back to
> drinking beer.

The problem w/ beer consumption is that gout doesn't like things that
increase uric acid, such as purines, of which guanosine is one and which
beer contains.

The concept of a 'cure' for gout is difficult, as the so-called
pathophysiology isn't clearly just -1- genetic predisposition + -2-
consumption of purines = -3- elevated uric acid & arthritis or stones.

Most people are prescribed allopurinol which blocks uric acid production
and 'instructed' to modify their diet to eliminate known triggers. The
problem w/ not doing *anything* is that the condition is also associated
w/ a number of other adverse health conditions.

Personally, if I had gout, I would take allopurinol and hope that I
could continue my same diet which includes beer (instead of taking
allopurinol *and* modifying my diet as the 'doctor' says'). For me, it
is all about what enjoyment I can get away w/ w/o endangering my health
too much.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Is there any Linux software

<pan$76154$97fb2cb4$fb6247e8$41ca5973@moria.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6910&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6910

From: youmustb...@lan.invalid (Dan C)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2023 16:01:36 GMT
 by: Dan C - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 16:01 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:34:07 -0400, Nic wrote:

> On 9/29/23 5:21 PM, Big Al wrote:
>> On 9/29/23 16:49, this is what Nic wrote:
>>> that can monitor my pacemaker that is implanted into my heart?
>>>

>> Ask your doctor.  He knows better the model and it's abilities.
> Ah yes my doctor, who will soon be taken down by the World Health
> Organization. I mentioned it to him the other day, and he held back that
> last laugh as if he could see a path through this madness.
> The best medicine comes from natural ways that our bodies were designed
> to evolve towards and as of yet there has not been a way to make profit
> from the natural process, .

Bugger off, troll.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as Lorena Bobbitt tied him to the bed.