From: pschl...@panix.com (Paul W. Schleck)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.usenet,alt.culture.usenet,news.groups
Subject: Hey Elon: Let Me Help You Speed Run The Content Moderation Learning Curve
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 15:32:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Paul W. Schleck - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 15:32 UTC

"It's kind of a rite of passage for any new social media network. They
show up, insist that they're the 'platform for free speech' without
quite understanding what that actually means, and then they quickly
discover a whole bunch of fairly fundamental ideas, institute a bunch of
rapid (often sloppy) changes...and in the end, they basically all end up
in the same general vicinity, with just a few small differences on the
margin. Look, I went through it myself. In the early days I insisted
that sites shouldn't do any moderation at all, including my own. But I
learned. As did Parler, Gettr, Truth Social and lots of others."

https://www.techdirt.com/2022/11/02/hey-elon-let-me-help-you-speed-run-the-content-moderation-learning-curve/