FACILITY REJECTED 100044200000;

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

SubjectAuthor
* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
> [...]
|   |    |   |     |    `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Kelly Phillips
|   |    |   |     |     `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   |    |   |     `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   |    |   |      `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|   |    |   |       `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   |    |   |        `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|   |    |   `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   |    `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Joel
|`* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Big Al
| `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|  `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Chris
|   `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Stan Brown
|    `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
|`- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|`* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Joerg Lorenz
| +* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Stan Brown
| |+- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?David Brooks
| |`- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
| `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|  `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Joerg Lorenz
|   `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|`* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Joerg Lorenz
| +- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?FromTheRafters
| `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|`* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Joerg Lorenz
| `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
`* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Anton Shepelev
 +* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Mark Lloyd
 |`- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
 `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey

Pages:123
Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.11pn19wrmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69650&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69650

Subject: Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 20:47:59 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 20:47 UTC

On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 22:39:09 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2023 at 3:02:38 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.103jio1omvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

>>> Not that I find with a quick search.
>>
>> I guess if I welded two keyboards together, and got the computer to somehow
>> delay typing from one of them.... Must be a circuit that could be placed in
>> series on the USB cable.
>
> I know macOS has a setting where you have to hold a key down for X time before
> it registers. Windows might.

Sounds like one of those weird accessibility thins. I doubt it would delay some keys more than others.

>> Or I suppose a really clever circuit that looked at the keypress being sent
>> and adjusted it accordingly. In fact it could then even spellcheck. Why don't
>> computers do that? My phone corrects spelling without asking, if it's obvious.
>> My computer only underlines in red (if the particular program does so).
>
> macOS has it, and I have it on. Explains some of my typos.

Globally? Spellchecks in Windows are per app.

Ah yes, MacOS is communist, I forgot.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<6VqPL.1550088$9sn9.472392@fx17.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69651&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69651

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 20:49:06 GMT
 by: Snit - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 20:49 UTC

On Mar 12, 2023 at 1:47:59 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.11pn19wrmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 22:39:09 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 28, 2023 at 3:02:38 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>> <op.103jio1omvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

>>> I guess if I welded two keyboards together, and got the computer to somehow
>>> delay typing from one of them.... Must be a circuit that could be placed in
>>> series on the USB cable.
>>
>> I know macOS has a setting where you have to hold a key down for X time before
>> it registers. Windows might.
>
> Sounds like one of those weird accessibility thins. I doubt it would delay
> some keys more than others.

Right on both accounts.

>>> Or I suppose a really clever circuit that looked at the keypress being sent
>>> and adjusted it accordingly. In fact it could then even spellcheck. Why don't
>>> computers do that? My phone corrects spelling without asking, if it's obvious.
>>> My computer only underlines in red (if the particular program does so).
>>
>> macOS has it, and I have it on. Explains some of my typos.
>
> Globally? Spellchecks in Windows are per app.

There is a global one for macOS. Some apps ignore it.

> Ah yes, MacOS is communist, I forgot.

The word you are looking for: consistent.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<20230314174720.e325f21a7bbfa3caed1d523c@g{oogle}mail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69673&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69673

From: anton....@g{oogle}mail.com (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 17:47:20 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 14:47 UTC

Commander Kinsey:

> Most people have a dominant hand. Mine is the right. So
> if I type "from", I get "form" because the O comes form my
> faster right hand. Although the signal from my brain
> comes at the same time, that side reacts faster.

The from/form typo occurs not because of the dominant hand,
but because the hands function in parallel, whereas the
finger on each hand -- more or less in sequence. I therefor
frequently make both typos: from->form (RL), list->lsit
(LR).

/\ www.asciiribbon.org -- against proprietary attachments

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<0P9QL.1548895$iU59.864209@fx14.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69685&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69685

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: not.em...@all.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 21:11:08 -0500
 by: Mark Lloyd - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 02:11 UTC

On 3/14/23 09:47, Anton Shepelev wrote:

[snip]

> The from/form typo occurs not because of the dominant hand,
> but because the hands function in parallel, whereas the
> finger on each hand -- more or less in sequence. I therefor
> frequently make both typos: from->form (RL), list->lsit
> (LR).

The typo I used to make frequently was typing list as lust.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Illegal Error. You are not allowed to get this error, next time you
will be punished."

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.11yvorj4mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69763&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69763

Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:11:05 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:11 UTC

On Tue, 07 Mar 2023 14:54:52 -0000, Stan Brown <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2023 08:26:53 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:
>>
>> People also type form when they mean to, how would the lag software work in
>> that case? You're just inventing a (very bad) mechanical spell checker.
>
> However tempting it may be, please don't feed the trolls.

Get a proper killfile you fuckwit. You shouldn't be able to see replies to someone you've ignored. Doh!

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.111ysrabmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69791&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69791

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 12:11:05 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 12:11 UTC

On Tue, 07 Mar 2023 17:41:10 -0000, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 07.03.23 um 07:03 schrieb Commander Kinsey:
>> On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 14:29:23 -0000, Alan B <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>>> Yes I realise that. I may do that if the situation worsens.
>>
>> Are you incapable of killfiling one person? It isn't rocket science.
>
> You will certainly be my test-person ...
> Your senile posts are a constant encounter of the worst kind, dear.

It's amazing how many people are offended and upset by simple logic. Fuck all this political correctness, say what you think.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.111ytxw0mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69792&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69792

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 12:11:47 -0000

On Tue, 07 Mar 2023 17:46:50 -0000, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 07.03.23 um 07:02 schrieb Commander Kinsey:
>> On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 09:21:22 -0000, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>>> and you are X-trolling over 5 groups.
>>
>> If we weren't meant to crosspost, the function wouldn't exist.

>> Why are you interested in my newsreader and how many lines I've posted?
>
> Because you deliberately neglect the netiquette?

Netiquette? What are you a girl? There are no laws in here.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.111yumoemvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69793&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69793

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 12:12:12 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 12:12 UTC

On Wed, 08 Mar 2023 15:16:43 -0000, Stan Brown <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2023 18:46:50 +0100, Joerg Lorenz wrote:

>> > If we weren't meant to crosspost, the function wouldn't exist.

>> > Why are you interested in my newsreader and how many lines I've posted?
>>
>> Because you deliberately neglect the netiquette?
>
> And every time you post a follow-up, _all_ you accomplish is
> encouraging him/her/it to continue.
>
> It amazes me that, almost 40 years into Usenet, otherwise intelligent
> people still seem to feel that there's some benefit to appealing to
> reason when dealing with trolls.

And you've just done the same you fool.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.111yw90bmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69794&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69794

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 12:13:47 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 12:13 UTC

On Tue, 07 Mar 2023 17:44:23 -0000, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 07.03.23 um 07:03 schrieb Commander Kinsey:
>> On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 14:19:56 -0000, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>>> Much easier:
>>>
>>> If Newsgroups contains "." then ignore subthread
>>
>> That would filter every single post by everyone you nitwit.
>
> That shows how brain dead you are.
> Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-10
> ^^^^^^^^^^
> appears only in the header if more than two NGs are addressed.
> Filtering is beyond your capabilities. Far beyond.

WRONG!

Just found one, first one I found, not a crosspost:

Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

You need to filter by comma. Or are you one of those stupid Europeans who thinks 12,345 is 12 and a third?

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<tv7jcf$2aaj5$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69803&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69803

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 19:13:35 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 18:13 UTC

Am 19.03.23 um 13:11 schrieb Commander Kinsey:
> On Tue, 07 Mar 2023 17:46:50 -0000, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>> Because you deliberately neglect the netiquette?
>
> Netiquette? What are you a girl? There are no laws in here.

You are the decoration of my kill-file.
This is the law, dear.
Did you ever consider to visit a psychiatrist?

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.112n3ce8mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69807&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69807

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:17:26 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:17 UTC

On Sun, 12 Mar 2023 20:49:06 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2023 at 1:47:59 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.11pn19wrmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 22:39:09 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I know macOS has a setting where you have to hold a key down for X time before
>>> it registers. Windows might.
>>
>> Sounds like one of those weird accessibility thins. I doubt it would delay
>> some keys more than others.
>
> Right on both accounts.

I've come to the conclusion sometimes my left hand is faster and sometimes my right. Not sure why, but it means I can't get software to compensate.

>>> macOS has it, and I have it on. Explains some of my typos.
>>
>> Globally? Spellchecks in Windows are per app.
>
> There is a global one for macOS. Some apps ignore it.

Let Russia win, then we could have standards.

>> Ah yes, MacOS is communist, I forgot.
>
> The word you are looking for: consistent.

Same thing.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.112n84p1mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69809&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69809

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:20:54 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:20 UTC

On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 16:26:00 -0000, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 12.03.23 um 21:47 schrieb Commander Kinsey:
>> On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 22:39:09 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> macOS has it, and I have it on. Explains some of my typos.
>>
>> Globally? Spellchecks in Windows are per app.
>>
>> Ah yes, MacOS is communist, I forgot.
>
> And you the group-idiot. You remind us every day.
>
> X-posting reduced to the relevant groups.

All the groups are relevant. Don't vandalise my post.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<K1LRL.1603477$iU59.1143065@fx14.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69810&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69810

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 GMT
 by: Snit - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21 UTC

On Mar 19, 2023 at 2:17:26 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote

>>> Sounds like one of those weird accessibility thins. I doubt it would delay
>>> some keys more than others.
>>
>> Right on both accounts.
>
> I've come to the conclusion sometimes my left hand is faster and sometimes my
> right. Not sure why, but it means I can't get software to compensate.

Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing. Or what you are
doing with your hands.

>>> Globally? Spellchecks in Windows are per app.
>>
>> There is a global one for macOS. Some apps ignore it.
>
> Let Russia win, then we could have standards.

I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.

>>> Ah yes, MacOS is communist, I forgot.
>>
>> The word you are looking for: consistent.
>
> Same thing.

You always say that.

Hmmmm...

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.114e8wgbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69841&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69841

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:01:34 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:01 UTC

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 14:47:20 -0000, wrote:

> Commander Kinsey:
>
>> Most people have a dominant hand. Mine is the right. So
>> if I type "from", I get "form" because the O comes form my
>> faster right hand. Although the signal from my brain
>> comes at the same time, that side reacts faster.
>
> The from/form typo occurs not because of the dominant hand,
> but because the hands function in parallel, whereas the
> finger on each hand -- more or less in sequence. I therefor
> frequently make both typos: from->form (RL), list->lsit
> (LR).

Yes I've recently noticed some typos are the other way round. I don't understand that. Surely the part of your brain which understand spelling is handing out the letters in order, F R O M. So the left hand should receive the R before the right hand receives O.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.114e9slzmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=69842&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#69842

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:02:06 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:02 UTC

On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 02:11:08 -0000, Mark Lloyd <not.email@all.invalid> wrote:

> On 3/14/23 09:47, Anton Shepelev wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> The from/form typo occurs not because of the dominant hand,
>> but because the hands function in parallel, whereas the
>> finger on each hand -- more or less in sequence. I therefor
>> frequently make both typos: from->form (RL), list->lsit
>> (LR).
>
> The typo I used to make frequently was typing list as lust.

I type Bedfordshire as Bedfordshite. Works with any council area.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.12l56ed9mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=70172&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#70172

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 11:02:28 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 10:02 UTC

On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 18:13:35 -0000, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 19.03.23 um 13:11 schrieb Commander Kinsey:
>> On Tue, 07 Mar 2023 17:46:50 -0000, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>>> Because you deliberately neglect the netiquette?
>>
>> Netiquette? What are you a girl? There are no laws in here.
>
> You are the decoration of my kill-file.
> This is the law, dear.
> Did you ever consider to visit a psychiatrist?

Psychiatrists are for Merkins.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=70173&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#70173

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 11:07:06 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 10:07 UTC

On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Right on both accounts.
>>
>> I've come to the conclusion sometimes my left hand is faster and sometimes my
>> right. Not sure why, but it means I can't get software to compensate.
>
> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.

So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the sequence OR more common than RO?

> Or what you are doing with your hands.

Typing.

>>> There is a global one for macOS. Some apps ignore it.
>>
>> Let Russia win, then we could have standards.
>
> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.

Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.

>>> The word you are looking for: consistent.
>>
>> Same thing.
>
> You always say that.
>
> Hmmmm...

One of the things with communism, the government controls stuff so there are standards. All tanks have the same size bolts.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<6MgVL.1745100$iS99.847235@fx16.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=70176&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#70176

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 14:11:14 GMT
 by: Snit - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 14:11 UTC

On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I've come to the conclusion sometimes my left hand is faster and sometimes my
>>> right. Not sure why, but it means I can't get software to compensate.
>>
>> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.
>
> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
> sequence OR more common than RO?

Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.

>> Or what you are doing with your hands.
>
> Typing.

I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
consistent?

>>> Let Russia win, then we could have standards.
>>
>> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
>> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.
>
> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.

It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.

>>> Same thing.
>>
>> You always say that.
>>
>> Hmmmm...
>
> One of the things with communism, the government controls stuff so there are
> standards. All tanks have the same size bolts.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.13ujq1mbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=70673&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#70673

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:10:03 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 09:10 UTC

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.
>>
>> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
>> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
>> sequence OR more common than RO?
>
> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.

There's probably a webpage which can tell us.

>>> Or what you are doing with your hands.
>>
>> Typing.
>
> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
> consistent?

Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could understand it.

>>> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
>>> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.
>>
>> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.
>
> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.

The layers piss me off.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.13ujq1mimvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=70674&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#70674

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:10:03 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 09:10 UTC

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.
>>
>> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
>> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
>> sequence OR more common than RO?
>
> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.

There's probably a webpage which can tell us.

>>> Or what you are doing with your hands.
>>
>> Typing.
>
> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
> consistent?

Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could understand it.

>>> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
>>> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.
>>
>> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.
>
> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.

The layers piss me off.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<zNa1M.461624$Olad.28920@fx35.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=70675&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#70675

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:55:43 GMT
 by: Snit - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:55 UTC

On Apr 23, 2023 at 2:10:03 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.13ujq1mbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>> <op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

>>> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
>>> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
>>> sequence OR more common than RO?
>>
>> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.
>
> There's probably a webpage which can tell us.

Did a brief search and struck out.

>>> Typing.
>>
>> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
>> consistent?
>
> Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in
> front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in
> front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and
> said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't
> type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could
> understand it.

He relied on muscle memory.

>>> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.
>>
>> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.
>
> The layers piss me off.

I like them. And layer groups and smart layers and masking layers.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.149vynrcmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71236&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71236

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 03:31:25 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 21 May 2023 02:31 UTC

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 14:55:43 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2023 at 2:10:03 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.13ujq1mbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.
>>
>> There's probably a webpage which can tell us.
>
> Did a brief search and struck out.

>>> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
>>> consistent?
>>
>> Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in
>> front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in
>> front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and
>> said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't
>> type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could
>> understand it.
>
> He relied on muscle memory.

I doubt that's accurate enough to type a password. True, I can type words I'm familiar with much faster, but I wouldn't rely on it.

>>> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.
>>
>> The layers piss me off.
>
> I like them. And layer groups and smart layers and masking layers.

You must have a weird brain. You're making a 3D representation of a flat piece of paper.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<ldhaM.3732307$GNG9.2369426@fx18.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71237&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71237

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 04:36:33 GMT
 by: Snit - Sun, 21 May 2023 04:36 UTC

On May 20, 2023 at 7:31:25 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote

>>> Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in
>>> front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in
>>> front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and
>>> said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't
>>> type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could
>>> understand it.
>>
>> He relied on muscle memory.
>
> I doubt that's accurate enough to type a password. True, I can type words I'm
> familiar with much faster, but I wouldn't rely on it.

I type my iMac password without much thought. My fingers just "know". And my
typing is crap.

>>> The layers piss me off.
>>
>> I like them. And layer groups and smart layers and masking layers.
>
> You must have a weird brain. You're making a 3D representation of a flat piece
> of paper.

I can think in 3D.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.16jhz4z6mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71620&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71620

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:39:30 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 17:39 UTC

On Sun, 21 May 2023 05:36:33 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> He relied on muscle memory.
>>
>> I doubt that's accurate enough to type a password. True, I can type words I'm
>> familiar with much faster, but I wouldn't rely on it.
>
> I type my iMac password without much thought. My fingers just "know". And my
> typing is crap.

I can do the same with many words. I can type commonly typed words very fast. But it doesn't stop me being able to type them one letter at a time from another angle like the professor failed to do. Mind you he was an American....

>>> I like them. And layer groups and smart layers and masking layers.
>>
>> You must have a weird brain. You're making a 3D representation of a flat piece
>> of paper.
>
> I can think in 3D.

I cannot. Well I'm better than some, but not very good. I did spot immediately when my neighbour was about to cut some drywall the wrong way to fit on a ceiling. He couldn't picture it turned over and didn't believe me until it fitted after he cut it the way I told him to.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.16jh1icbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71621&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71621

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:40:20 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 17:40 UTC

On Sun, 21 May 2023 07:53:39 +0100, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 21.05.23 um 06:36 schrieb Snit:
>> On May 20, 2023 at 7:31:25 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>>> You must have a weird brain. You're making a 3D representation of a flat piece
>>> of paper.
>>
>> I can think in 3D.
>
> I do it 4D.

Very funny.

> Excessive X-posting eliminated.

Reinstated. It's no more relevant to the group you put it in than the others, and others may not be reading your group. Don't be so bloody selfish.