"Bite off, dirtball." Richard Sexton, richard@gryphon.COM

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Steam Deck

SubjectAuthor
* Steam DeckWerner P.
+* Re: Steam DeckPW
|`* Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
| `* Re: Steam DeckPW
|  `* Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
|   `* Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
|    +* Re: Steam DeckRin Stowleigh
|    |`- Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
|    `- Re: Steam DeckPW
+* Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
|+* Re: Steam DeckJAB
||+* Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
|||`- Re: Steam DeckJAB
||`- Re: Steam DeckDimensional Traveler
|`* Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
| `* Re: Steam DeckJAB
|  `* Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
|   `* Re: Steam DeckJAB
|    +* Re: Steam DeckDimensional Traveler
|    |`* Re: Steam DeckJAB
|    | `* Re: Steam DeckSpalls Hurgenson
|    |  `- Re: Steam DeckJAB
|    `* Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
|     `- Re: Steam DeckJAB
+* Re: Steam Deckrms
|`- Re: Steam DeckWerner P.
`- Re: Steam DeckWerner P.

Pages:12
Re: Steam Deck

<t4bhrd$kv6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7033&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7033

From: wer...@gmx.at (Werner P.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Steam Deck
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:52:45 +0200
 by: Werner P. - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 13:52 UTC

Am 16.04.22 um 00:37 schrieb rms:
> Werner, you built a Mister system right?  Interesting blurb on HDMI port
> issues and a fix:
> https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?t=303&start=25
>
> rms
Thanks yes I have a mister setup, but no HDMI problems given, that I
built my own bartop/Vectrex like arcade docking station on top of it.

Re: Steam Deck

<t4bi57$p51$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7034&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7034

From: wer...@gmx.at (Werner P.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:57:58 +0200
 by: Werner P. - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 13:57 UTC

Am 29.03.22 um 17:47 schrieb Werner P.:
> I finally could order my Steam Deck... should arrive early next week..
> Man that thing is basically sold out until end of the year...
So week 4 or 5. The Deck has has become my primary PC gaming station
unintentionally but expected, but the funny thing is. I mostly play now
smaller titles instead of big 3d irons with it. Mostly 2d adventure
games. I have now gotten used to the new trackpad size and mouse control
now works really well, but it took me a while. Playing pixel art point
and click adventure games helps in this regard.

Also I bought a pair of reading glasses... well worth the 10 bucks i
paid for them and guess the deck now pushed me towards it. Guess i am
becoming old. I noticed that before on the Vita that some games simply
become too hard to read for my aging eyes (51)

Also Valve does an excellent job with software updates, every week there
seems to be an update which does significant improvements.
The last one added manual window selection for applications opening
multiple windows and improved also on the open window detection. The
problems I had with the unofficial PS4/PS5 remote streaming client due
to this are all fixed now, ps5 streaming runs like a charm now without
having problems to decide which window is the streaming window.

Also added is now a lockscreen (a security feature Valve missed in its
initial release) and improvements on the fan noise (something which did
not bother me)