From: bli...@mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Additional information: attention John S. and anyone interested in
Slackware 15.0, RPi
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:03:20 -0800
 by: Bobbie Sellers - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 05:03 UTC

Hi LUGers

Attention: John S.
> John asked about Tinycore and I had some brief uninformative
> remarks from my experience running it in VirtualBox.
> John had gotten a late version of Zorin but he had failed to
> boot it.

John, should he read this can go to the tinycore, Quick & Easy Overview
at <http://www.tinycorelinux.net/overview.html#require> .
Tiny Core seems almost overwhelmingly versatile and is easly adapted
to embedded systems running in appliances of various sorts or as a
limited but powerful system maintained on a Live Flash drive.
One problem is that you are going to have to learn a bit
about Linux if you want to really do anything with the even heaviest
version of TinyCore.

Now the Distrowatch Weekly newsletter is out now!
2022-02-14 NEW • DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 955
You can find it at:<https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20220214>

Lead article is a review of Slackware 15.0 and it hasn't
changed much. Good points and bad are listed.

In the same issue:
Fans of the Raspberry Pi single board computer received some good news
this week. To date, setting up a Raspberry Pi computer has typically
required the owner to either purchase a microSD card with a stock
operating system on it or, more commonly, to download an operating
system using another computer and use the second computer to write the
operating system to the Pi's microSD card. In short, most people needed
a second computer in order to use their Raspberry Pi. You don't need
that extra computer any longer. It can download and write a hopefully
later OS to to the microSD card.
later releases:

2022-02-09 Development Release: Slax 11.2.0 RC1 made with Debian and
uses systemd

2022-02-07 NEW • Distribution Release: OpenMandriva Lx 4.3o uses systemd
but despite that debility I downloaded a copy to try on a machine
without net connections. Frankly I don't trust the makers.

2022-01-31 Distribution Release: Linux Lite 5.8 uses systemd but I
got a copy anyway. This is a Ubuntu based distro which is better
than the Xubuntu with which it shares a Desktop Environment.

2022-01-20 Distribution Release: Linuxfx 11.1.1103

That is all I have now.

Bobbie Sellers - brought to you by the power and ease of PCLinuxOS
and a minor case of hypergraphia

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

Re: Additional information: attention John S. and anyone interested in Slackware 15.0, RPi

<sudtif$7le$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7036&group=comp.os.linux.misc#7036

From: bli...@mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Additional information: attention John S. and anyone interested
in Slackware 15.0, RPi
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 07:47:27 -0800
 by: Bobbie Sellers - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 15:47 UTC

On 2/13/22 21:03, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> Hi LUGers

Posted here by accident please disregard.

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com