From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAMES! "Just Die Already" and "Paradigm"
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:20:30 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:20 UTC

Why? Because it is Thursday, and this is what we (well, Epic) does on
Thursdays.

So, what's in the bag this week? Well, we got:

Just Die Already
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/just-die-already
and,

Paradigm
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/paradigm-875c5c

Umm... hmmm. Somewhat at a lost as what to say about these games.

"Just Die Already" is essentially "Goat Simulator", except with senior
citizens instead of caprinae. Too obviously intending to be
offensive, it lacks novelty and interesting gameplay. I suppose if
your 'e in that subset of gamers who likes this sort of game (see last
week's "Postal" games) then you'll enjoy this one, but it's hard to
justify otherwise.

"Paradigm" is a 'surreal adventure game' featuring a 'genetically
engineered sloth that vomits candy'. Yeah. I'm not sure I can add much
to that. If "Just Die Already" is offensive for the sake of being
offensive, "Paradigm" seems to be weird for the sake of being weird.
Given the choice, I'd rather play this game than the other, but more
because of its format (adventure game) than content. Realistically,
both are going into the "never gonna play" pile.

But hey, you may disagree. If either (or both) sound attractive to you
(or you have the same lack of self-control that I suffer from), you
have got a week to grab the games and add them to your collection.

Re: FREE GAMES! "Just Die Already" and "Paradigm"

<_OydnV4Yy_omevf_nZ2dnUU7-IfNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7062&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7062

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: FREE GAMES! "Just Die Already" and "Paradigm"
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:15:07 -0500
 by: Ant - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:15 UTC

Eh, not great. I went ahead and took Just Die Already since I thought Goat Simulator was funny.

--
Slammy times and off like Tuesday night and hump day afternoon. :O
| |o o| |