From: spamtra...@jacob21819.net (Robert Riches)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: any better info sources for IP cameras with OSS NVR or ffmpeg?
Date: 4 Mar 2022 04:22:48 GMT
 by: Robert Riches - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 04:22 UTC

Are there any better (as in really good) sources of information
about connecting IP cameras (4k POE in particular) to open source
network video recorder software or plain ffmpeg?

Lorex and Swann say they won't provide documentation on
endpoints/URLs or anything else for that purpose. They want to
sell the cameras and NVR hardware together. I'm still looking
for other, preferably more open-minded, camera brands.

Web searches have turned up some pages with some information but
nothing yet that has been outstandingly impressive.

Thanks.

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42@jacob21819.net