From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 15:50:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 15:50 UTC

On Sun, 13 Feb 2022 16:10:18 -0800, sms wrote:

>>> My adult point is, was, and always has been on this thread that:
>>> � *Those most ignorant are the ones telling everyone else what to do*
>>
>> Oh, how perfect!
>> Irony: whooshed.
>
> LOL. Quite the chutzpah.

Steve responded in kindergarten fashion but I'm responding as an adult.

I think it's irony that I easily proved Steve didn't know any facts.
Especially since I have a degree in this stuff (among other degrees).

I gave fact, after fact, after fact, many of which come from the CDC.
Yet, Steve brazenly _denied_ that any CDC fact was ever known to him.

Why?
I don't know why.

I suspect that CDC facts aren't what makes Steve come to his conclusions.
<https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2021-11-2-3/03-COVID-Jefferson-508.pdf>

And yet, the fact remains, even as Steve denies all facts he simply hates.
*The chance of a US child dying of Covid is 0.0002% (that's from the CDC)*

The question is valid at what risk level should we lose all our rights?
Steve === you lose all your rights at a 0.0002% risk
Me === You can lose all your rights - but the risk has to outweigh it

Responding to Steve's kindergarten post, my adult observation is that:
a. Those most ignorant about Covid are the ones most scared,
(and that's ok)

b. But those most ignorant are the ones trying to destroy all your rights.
(and that is what is not ok)
--
Like it or not, Covid is here forever - so we need to learn about it.