Subject: Re: The contradiction that the HP is predicated on is detectable ..
From: olcott
Newsgroups: comp.theory, comp.ai.philosophy, comp.software-eng, sci.math.symbolic
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 17:59 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,comp.software-eng,sci.math.symbolic
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 12:59:08 -0500
View all headers
On 7/27/2021 12:34 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
.. due to the infinite recursion missed by Strachey blowing the stack of
any turing machine simulator with finite memory (stack) size.  One
simply needs to detect out of memory when more than one instance of the
decider is present in the call stack.

This seems correct. I accomplished the same thing differently in my current paper.

To the best of my knowledge I am the first to derive the key insight that the conventional HP counter-examples specify infinite recursion to any simulating halt decider.

    It looks like the original specification provided in
    the Linz text may be infinitely recursive in that each
    TM requires its own input. ...(Olcott:2016)

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/307509556_Self_Modifying_Turing_Machine_SMTM_Solution_to_the_Halting_Problem_concrete_example
This is a troll.

Message ends.

/Flibble

This is my current paper:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/351947980_Halting_problem_undecidability_and_infinitely_nested_simulation

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Einstein