"Nuclear war would really set back cable." -- Ted Turner

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: E-mail Hosting Service

SubjectAuthor
* E-mail Hosting ServiceKen Blake
+- Re: E-mail Hosting ServiceAndy Burns
+- Re: E-mail Hosting Servicenospam
+- Re: E-mail Hosting ServiceKenW
+- Re: E-mail Hosting ServiceRamos
+- Re: E-mail Hosting ServiceNewyana2
+- Re: E-mail Hosting ServiceT
+- Re: E-mail Hosting ServiceStan Brown
+* Re: E-mail Hosting Service...winston
|`* Re: E-mail Hosting ServiceT
| `* Re: E-mail Hosting ServiceWang Yu
|  `- Re: E-mail Hosting ServiceNomen Nescio
`- Re: E-mail Hosting Service...winston

1
E-mail Hosting Service

<ai878i59keuqiddg56na9uo8fsruh7bhtq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71515&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71515

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: E-mail Hosting Service
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2023 15:06:40 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 22:06 UTC

I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched
to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and problems with Thunderbird
started then.

Perhaps my problem would go away if I switched to a different e-mail
hosting service (using my own e-mail address on my own domain), using
their own server, and dropped Godaddy

Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<keho3lFgphbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71516&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71516

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: E-mail Hosting Service
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:40:52 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 22:40 UTC

Ken Blake wrote:

> Godaddy just switched to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and
> problems with Thunderbird started

Just FYI, I use TB with M365 (business) as IMAP/SMTP, providing you use
oAuth2 authentication it works fine, recently Microsoft started
requiring multi-factor auth for my account, and that works fine too.

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<090620231844427542%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71517&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71517

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2023 18:44:42 -0400
 by: nospam - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 22:44 UTC

In article <ai878i59keuqiddg56na9uo8fsruh7bhtq@4ax.com>, Ken Blake
<Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote:

> I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
> from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched
> to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and problems with Thunderbird
> started then.
>
> Perhaps my problem would go away if I switched to a different e-mail
> hosting service (using my own e-mail address on my own domain), using
> their own server, and dropped Godaddy
>
> Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
> newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
> had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
> please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

<https://www.fastmail.com>

they have a 30 day trial so you can see if it works before switching.

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<p2b78il9tvdkgkijtvdq0br1dvs4fndh3a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71518&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71518

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2023 16:49:12 -0600
 by: KenW - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 22:49 UTC

I use iPage

>I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
>from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched
>to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and problems with Thunderbird
>started then.
>
>Perhaps my problem would go away if I switched to a different e-mail
>hosting service (using my own e-mail address on my own domain), using
>their own server, and dropped Godaddy
>
>Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
>newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
>had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
>please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

KenW

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<u60b59$21ial$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71519&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71519

From: Ram...@invalid.invalid (Ramos)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 00:01:30 +0100
 by: Ramos - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:01 UTC

On 09/06/2023 23:06, Ken Blake wrote:
> I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
> from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched
> to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and problems with Thunderbird
> started then.
>
> Perhaps my problem would go away if I switched to a different e-mail
> hosting service (using my own e-mail address on my own domain), using
> their own server, and dropped Godaddy
>
> Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
> newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
> had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
> please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

Try these people:

https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/email/

Use coupon code: EMAIL4LESS

I recommend taking out a two year plan so you benefit from the discount
for the whole period� of 24 months (not just one year!!).

They do IMAP as well as POP. You can try it for free for 14 days before
paying them.

G/L

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<u60e26$3l42t$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71522&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71522

From: Newya...@invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 19:53:47 -0400
 by: Newyana2 - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:53 UTC

"Ken Blake" <Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote

> Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

I used to use Futurequest as a host. I now use Knownhost.
I loved Futurequest. Nice little family-run operation. But
they had big troubles awhile back and just didn't inform
their customers. After a period of having no idea what would
happen, and no indication from them what the actual problem
was, I reluctantly switched to Knownhost, based on
research and Reddit advice.

Recently I redid a website hosted by hostmysite.com. They
seem fine. The only one I can strongly recommend right now
is knownhost. You have to watch out getting cheap hosts
because they don't necessarily provide full email functionality.
Knownhost does. They also give me an https cert, which is
handy. (Hostmysite does not provide a cert.) I can reach
Knownhost by phone and in about 2 years I've had no problems.
I operate 8-10 email addresses in my domain.

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<u60f3f$21skn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71523&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71523

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 17:11:27 -0700
 by: T - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 00:11 UTC

On 6/9/23 15:06, Ken Blake wrote:
> I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
> from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched
> to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and problems with Thunderbird
> started then.
>
> Perhaps my problem would go away if I switched to a different e-mail
> hosting service (using my own e-mail address on my own domain), using
> their own server, and dropped Godaddy
>
> Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
> newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
> had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
> please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

Hi Ken,

I have several customers that I have moved to
Google's gMail service: g-suite, A.K.A Google
Workspace (they change the name a lot).
It is boiler plate. And the best spam/virus
filter I have ever seen

For a while I had folks on zoho.com, but they
have a lot of issues they won't fix. Tech
support stinks too.

And I have one customer on Go Daddy Office 365
and it drives her nuts. She can not eMail her
office manager from her Go Daddy account as
Office 365 bounces the address on her with
a weird nonsensical error message (she does
not use Thunderbird).

She has other eMail account that do not have this
problem, but getting her to use the other
accounts has been futile.

She does have a Google account that allows
for multiple domains (no price increase),
but she just does not want to do anything
new, despite how much I have to listen to
how much she hates Go Daddy Office 365.
She is her own worst enemy.

How to sign up for Google's service:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/53926?hl=en

Also, when you get an account, when you are signed
in as Admin, you have access to their chat line.
And they are astoundingly good.

Google also has a utility to import your eMail from
your old service (that actually works).

Go Daddy articles:
SPF Record: https://support.google.com/a/answer/7674103?hl=en
MX Record: https://support.google.com/a/answer/33353

But I just call up Go Daddy and they do it for you
over the phone for you (and they don't get their
feelings hurt that you are leaving).

HTH,
-T

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<MPG.3eed67422036ef94990136@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71524&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71524

From: the_stan...@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 17:44:21 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 00:44 UTC

On Fri, 09 Jun 2023 15:06:40 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:
> I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
> from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched

If really feel it's necessary to post the same message to multiple
newsgroups, please *crosspost*. That avoids starting duplicate
threads in multiple groups.

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<u60vo7$277j3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71525&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71525

From: winston...@gmail.com (...winston)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 00:55:34 -0400
 by: ...winston - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 04:55 UTC

Ken Blake wrote:
> I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
> from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched
> to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and problems with Thunderbird
> started then.
>
> Perhaps my problem would go away if I switched to a different e-mail
> hosting service (using my own e-mail address on my own domain), using
> their own server, and dropped Godaddy
>
> Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
> newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
> had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
> please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

POP3 or IMAP

Iirc Go Daddy M365 is IMAP.

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<u60vuj$277j3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71526&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71526

From: winston...@gmail.com (...winston)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 00:59:00 -0400
 by: ...winston - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 04:59 UTC

Ken Blake wrote:
> I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
> from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched
> to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and problems with Thunderbird
> started then.
>
> Perhaps my problem would go away if I switched to a different e-mail
> hosting service (using my own e-mail address on my own domain), using
> their own server, and dropped Godaddy
>
> Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
> newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
> had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
> please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

p.s.
https://in.godaddy.com/help/set-up-my-microsoft-365-account-8901

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<u613pe$27kir$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71527&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71527

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:04:30 -0700
 by: T - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 06:04 UTC

On 6/9/23 21:55, ...winston wrote:
> POP3 or IMAP
>
> Iirc Go Daddy M365 is IMAP.

I have seen it as both IMAP and Exchange.
I prefer and recommend IMAP.

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<u6319n$2hu0$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71535&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71535

From: fgtgf...@hjyhjgtgf.kasredsf (Wang Yu)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 00:31:42 +0100
 by: Wang Yu - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 23:31 UTC

> I prefer and recommend IMAP.

I agree here. I also agree with your previous suggestion that disabling
fast start-up can enable pigs to fly in the cloud. I can't prove this
theory because I don't have pigs in my house but I take your word for it.

Are you still looking for Chinese made battery powered vibrators? I have
contacts in Beijing and Hong Kong selling them.

Re: E-mail Hosting Service

<e6ebd68acd0a809e48f84ce107f633dd@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71537&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#71537

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 03:25:54 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 01:25 UTC

In article <u6319n$2hu0$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Wang Yu <fgtgfrfd@hjyhjgtgf.kasredsf> wrote:

> > I prefer and recommend IMAP.
>
> I agree here. I also agree with your previous suggestion that disabling
> fast start-up can enable pigs to fly in the cloud. I can't prove this
> theory because I don't have pigs in my house but I take your word for it.
>
> Are you still looking for Chinese made battery powered vibrators? I have
> contacts in Beijing and Hong Kong selling them.

As you can see, people, Wang Yu is a perfect example of one who has
wonked his wonker a few times too many.