Usage: fortune -P [-f] -a [xsz] Q: file [rKe9] -v6[+] file1 ...

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming Mars

SubjectAuthor
* FREE GAME: Terraforming MarsSpalls Hurgenson
+* Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming MarsAnt
|`- Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming MarsSpalls Hurgenson
+- Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming MarsMike S.
`- Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming MarsJAB

1
FREE GAME: Terraforming Mars

<44l87hpud6b6foi63s6hgpb4ci6hkdam1s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7168&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7168

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: Terraforming Mars
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 18:57:13 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 5 May 2022 22:57 UTC

Oh fnord, it's Thursday! Quick, before I get pre-empted again!

This week on Epic:
Terraforming Mars
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/terraforming-mars-18c3ad

I really don't want to be negative about all the games, but this is
another one that I really can't show much excitement about. It's an
Indie strategy-lite game that plays like a tabletop board-game (I'll
give you two guesses about what the goal of "Terraforming Mars" is...
and the first guess doesn't count ;-). Its got good reviews so I
suppose, for what it is, it's probably fine... but it's just not what
I want from a video game. Half the fun of a board game is its
tactility of the pieces and the camaraderie of having your friends
sitting around the table with you, and that's missing here. I want a
bit more energy and excitement from my computer games.

Ehn, it's free; I'll take it. I just don't expect I'll ever play it.

Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming Mars

<Epadnc3zAtGl_On_nZ2dnUU7-emdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7169&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7169

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming Mars
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 18:43:52 -0500
 by: Ant - Thu, 5 May 2022 23:43 UTC

Hey, I posted this too. :P

--
Wolf3D is 30 yrs. old. Cinco de Mayo da 5th be with U!
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming Mars

<9cu87h1986gs7h5lvpb0fp4tutffjtalgg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7170&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7170

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 21:29:00 -0400
 by: Mike S. - Fri, 6 May 2022 01:29 UTC

On Thu, 05 May 2022 18:57:13 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Oh fnord, it's Thursday! Quick, before I get pre-empted again!

Too late, Ant posted first.

Unlike you two, I think I am going to try this, it looks interesting
to me.

Thanks to both of you for posting about it.

Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming Mars

<bj5e7h9vkbeug6m40gdlaluogbk9kad037@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7176&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7176

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 21:03:15 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sun, 8 May 2022 01:03 UTC

On Thu, 05 May 2022 18:43:52 -0500, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>> Oh fnord, it's Thursday! Quick, before I get pre-empted again!

>Hey, I posted this too. :P

Yes. Yes you did. Did I see it before I posted? No. No I didn't.

Was this because it hadn't reached my server yet? No. No it wasn't.

Was it because I'm an unobservant goon who can't see anything even if
it is right in front of my face? Yes. Yes it is.

I apologize for the duplication. The appropriate people are being
flagellated for the crime.

;-)

Re: FREE GAME: Terraforming Mars

<t58470$a9u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7181&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7181

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 10:57:51 +0100
 by: JAB - Sun, 8 May 2022 09:57 UTC

On 05/05/2022 23:57, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> Oh fnord, it's Thursday! Quick, before I get pre-empted again!
>
> This week on Epic:
> Terraforming Mars
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/terraforming-mars-18c3ad
>
> I really don't want to be negative about all the games, but this is
> another one that I really can't show much excitement about. It's an
> Indie strategy-lite game that plays like a tabletop board-game (I'll
> give you two guesses about what the goal of "Terraforming Mars" is...
> and the first guess doesn't count ;-). Its got good reviews so I
> suppose, for what it is, it's probably fine... but it's just not what
> I want from a video game. Half the fun of a board game is its
> tactility of the pieces and the camaraderie of having your friends
> sitting around the table with you, and that's missing here. I want a
> bit more energy and excitement from my computer games.
>
> Ehn, it's free; I'll take it. I just don't expect I'll ever play it.

I do agree that the social part is a large part of board games but the
downside of that, you've got to find people to play with. Admittedly we
do have a local gaming store so when COVID has properly died down in the
UK I'm probably going to pop along and see if there are any groups to join.