From: nospam.G...@f1.n770.z1572.fidonet.org (Ginger1)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.cbm
Subject: Re: Amiga floppy issues
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 21:43:00 +1300
 by: Ginger1 - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 08:43 UTC

FM> > consistent "Couldn't format Cylinder 0" error. floppies in
FM> > question were very well cared for and previously working fine
FM> > and it is happening across all of them. I'm worried I have
FM> > somehow fried the drive logic on the motherboard, as I
FM> > previously having the same issue on the internal drive (leading
FM> > to my
FM> > repair attempts.)
FM> > Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated!

FM> Hi, it seems like a High Density - Low-Density problem. Try
FM> covering the little window on the right with some tape.

The floppies are double-density ones I'm afraid. So no holes to cover.

I did make me think though, as the external drive I have is a Power
Computing one that supports HD as well as DD. But fiddling with the mode
switch at the back doesn't seem to help.

I cleaned the heads yesterday and managed to get one side of the disk to
give all greens on xcopy's checkdisk function - but the others were
completely red. And still not formatting - with the "Cylinder 0" error.

--== dial-up Nights BBS ==--
Running on an a1200 030
Open 9 pm - 5 am UTC
+44(0)1202 741079
3007
06-06-2221:20DANIEL PATH GINGER1 Re:amiga 500
pimpin' 1
.... Pentium - Redefining the PC! (and Mathematics)