computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

SubjectAuthor
* ScandAll PRO 2.0.1pinnerite
+* Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1VanguardLH
|+* Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1pinnerite
||+* Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1Monsieur
|||`- Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1MikeS
||`- Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1VanguardLH
|`- Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1eternal.septemer
`* Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1Frank Slootweg
 `* Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1Paul
  `- Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1Frank Slootweg

1
ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<20221109172130.a8d675d59e934994d873b667@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=66994&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#66994

From: pinner...@gmail.com (pinnerite)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 17:21:30 +0000
 by: pinnerite - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 17:21 UTC

I currently run a Fujitsu fi-6130 cut sheet fed scanner from Windows XP.
To run it from Windows 10 I need to install ScandAll PRO v2.0.1.
The problem is that a new copy is priced at $100 which i cannot justify.

I am willing to pay for an unwanted copy from someone whose scanner has been scrapped.

I can run it from Linux using Xsane but it is a bit tortuous.

TIA

--
Mint 20.3, kernel 5.4.0-124-generic, Cinnamon 5.2.7
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 16GB of DRAM.

Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<1jsydb7g3zekz$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=67001&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#67001

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 00:17:09 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 06:17 UTC

pinnerite <pinnerite@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fujitsu fi-6130

Discontinued product:
https://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/discontinued/fi6130/fi6130.html

Says it runs on Windows 10, and:

Comes bundled with the "automatic job separation" function armed
ScandAll PRO Ver1.5 image capture software

However, v1.5 was discontinued, too, and you need to get the v2 update.

https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/fi-6x30.html

Shows ScandAll v1 last released in 2013 is not supported on Windows 10,
but shows v2 does that was released in 2015 (which is when Windows 10
was released). I clicked on the v2.0.21 link which goes to:

https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/pro-v2.html

Says it is an update. Usually that means you need a full version before
that. Also hinted by the instructions which say "This creates a folder
called "SAPV210VUP" in the same folder where the program is stored."
So, ScandAll v2 full has to be previously installed. There is a link to
the fi Series web site, with software listed at:

https://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/business/#software

ScandAll is not listed there. I found:

https://imagescanner.fujitsu.com/global/dl/

and entered:

Series = fi-6100
Scanner = fi-6130/fi-6230
Target OS = Windows 10

and clicked on "Display software list". That brought me full circle
back to the 2nd link I mentioned above.

You sure you cannot use the TWAIN driver in Windows 10, and then use a
3rd party scanner program?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWAIN

https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/v9211600.html

Windows 10 probably already has the TWAIN driver that will work with
that scanner. Did you yet attach the scanner, and scan for new hardware
(under Windows 10, Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) -> right-click on
computer/root node, scan for new hardware) to see if your scanner got
found?

For a free TWAIN-compliant scanner program, you could ask in the
alt.comp.freeware newsgroup, or do an online search, like:

https://www.google.com/search?q=free+twain+scanner+program

Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<20221110083448.6603dc11ad738ee0eeea2ace@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=67002&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#67002

From: pinner...@gmail.com (pinnerite)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 08:34:48 +0000
 by: pinnerite - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 08:34 UTC

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 00:17:09 -0600
VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

> pinnerite <pinnerite@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Fujitsu fi-6130
>
> Discontinued product:
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/discontinued/fi6130/fi6130.html
>
> Says it runs on Windows 10, and:
>
> Comes bundled with the "automatic job separation" function armed
> ScandAll PRO Ver1.5 image capture software
>
> However, v1.5 was discontinued, too, and you need to get the v2 update.
>
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/fi-6x30.html
>
> Shows ScandAll v1 last released in 2013 is not supported on Windows 10,
> but shows v2 does that was released in 2015 (which is when Windows 10
> was released). I clicked on the v2.0.21 link which goes to:
>
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/pro-v2.html
>
> Says it is an update. Usually that means you need a full version before
> that. Also hinted by the instructions which say "This creates a folder
> called "SAPV210VUP" in the same folder where the program is stored."
> So, ScandAll v2 full has to be previously installed. There is a link to
> the fi Series web site, with software listed at:
>
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/business/#software
>
> ScandAll is not listed there. I found:
>
> https://imagescanner.fujitsu.com/global/dl/
>
> and entered:
>
> Series = fi-6100
> Scanner = fi-6130/fi-6230
> Target OS = Windows 10
>
> and clicked on "Display software list". That brought me full circle
> back to the 2nd link I mentioned above.
>
> You sure you cannot use the TWAIN driver in Windows 10, and then use a
> 3rd party scanner program?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWAIN
>
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/v9211600.html
>
> Windows 10 probably already has the TWAIN driver that will work with
> that scanner. Did you yet attach the scanner, and scan for new hardware
> (under Windows 10, Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) -> right-click on
> computer/root node, scan for new hardware) to see if your scanner got
> found?
>
> For a free TWAIN-compliant scanner program, you could ask in the
> alt.comp.freeware newsgroup, or do an online search, like:
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=free+twain+scanner+program

You have listed all the things that I had already checked.

The twain driver works well and I can get single scans using Brother
software but the cut-sheet feeder was acqured to scan multiple sheets
in one operation. I have had it for about 12 years!

It works pefectly under XP but I would like to eliminate the necessity
of closing W10, opeing XP and going back to W10 to carry on working.

--
Mint 20.3, kernel 5.4.0-124-generic, Cinnamon 5.2.7
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 16GB of
DRAM.

Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<tkiept$lot7$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=67003&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#67003

From: Monsi...@notreal.invalid (Monsieur)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 10:03:57 +0100
 by: Monsieur - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 09:03 UTC

pinnerite wrote:

> You have listed all the things that I had already checked.
>
> The twain driver works well and I can get single scans using Brother
> software but the cut-sheet feeder was acqured to scan multiple sheets
> in one operation. I have had it for about 12 years!
>
> It works pefectly under XP but I would like to eliminate the necessity
> of closing W10, opeing XP and going back to W10 to carry on working.

How about running XP in a virtual machine with Virtualbox and scan
directly into a shared folder that is accessible outside the the VM?

Perhaps not the most elegant solution, but at least you don't need to
switch to another OS every time you want to scan.

Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<1j98gpa6vlrw9.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=67004&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#67004

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 04:31:14 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 10:31 UTC

pinnerite <pinnerite@gmail.com> wrote:

> You have listed all the things that I had already checked.

When you don't say what you already did, expect duplication in

> The twain driver works well and I can get single scans using Brother
> software but the cut-sheet feeder was acqured to scan multiple sheets
> in one operation. I have had it for about 12 years!

Cut-sheet feeder. In the parlance of everyone else, does that mean an
automatic document feeder (aka ADF)?

Auto-feed seems to be a function of the scanner. Some freeware scanner
software looks like it will take as many sheets as you can load. For
example:

https://www.naps2.com/doc-batch-scan.html
"Single scan": A single operation of the scanner - for a feeder, that
could be many pages.

> It works pefectly under XP but I would like to eliminate the necessity
> of closing W10, opeing XP and going back to W10 to carry on working.

Another user already mentioned using VirtualBox (or VMware Player). No
need to shutdown Windows 10 to boot another host OS. Play with guest
OSes inside of VMs.

There is payware that isn't too expensive. VueScan says it supports
over 7100 [old] scanners (they incorporate the drivers into their
program). The Standard edition support document feeders; see:

https://www.hamrick.com/purchase-vuescan.html

You can trial VueScan for free and indefinitely, but the trial edition
will add a watermark. Pay and the watermark gets removed. You could
test if it works with your old scanner, and has all the features you
want. I wouldn't bother with their subscription model. Test to see if
it works, and, if so, then dole out the $50 for the Std edition.

Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<tkj3ed.k48.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=67008&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#67008

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: 10 Nov 2022 13:56:24 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 13:56 UTC

pinnerite <pinnerite@gmail.com> wrote:
> I currently run a Fujitsu fi-6130 cut sheet fed scanner from Windows XP.
> To run it from Windows 10 I need to install ScandAll PRO v2.0.1.

*Why* do you need the new version? Does the old software not work?
Have you tried to run it in compatibility mode (assuming the problem is
an application (.exe) problem, not a driver problem)?

FWIW, I have several programs which are nearly two decades old and
work just fine, all the way from XP via Vista and 8.1 to now 11. They
are used to bring you this very posting! :-)

> The problem is that a new copy is priced at $100 which i cannot justify.
>
> I am willing to pay for an unwanted copy from someone whose scanner has been scrapped.
>
> I can run it from Linux using Xsane but it is a bit tortuous.
>
> TIA

Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<tkj1dj$ve9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=67009&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#67009

From: Mik...@fred.com (MikeS)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:21:40 +0000
 by: MikeS - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:21 UTC

On 10/11/2022 09:03, Monsieur wrote:
> pinnerite wrote:
>
>> You have listed all the things that I had already checked.
>>
>> The twain driver works well and I can get single scans using Brother
>> software but the cut-sheet feeder was acqured to scan multiple sheets
>> in one operation. I have had it for about 12 years!
>>
>> It works pefectly under XP but I would like to eliminate the necessity
>> of closing W10, opeing XP and going back to W10 to carry on working.
>
> How about running XP in a virtual machine with Virtualbox and scan
> directly into a shared folder that is accessible outside the the VM?
>
> Perhaps not the most elegant solution, but at least you don't need to
> switch to another OS every time you want to scan.
>
> 2¢

Even better he can run Virtualbox in Seamless Mode and hardly notice
that the scanner requires Win XP.

Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<tkjc57$jcnp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=67010&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#67010

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 12:24:55 -0500
 by: Paul - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 17:24 UTC

On 11/10/2022 8:56 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> pinnerite <pinnerite@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I currently run a Fujitsu fi-6130 cut sheet fed scanner from Windows XP.
>> To run it from Windows 10 I need to install ScandAll PRO v2.0.1.
>
> *Why* do you need the new version? Does the old software not work?
> Have you tried to run it in compatibility mode (assuming the problem is
> an application (.exe) problem, not a driver problem)?
>
> FWIW, I have several programs which are nearly two decades old and
> work just fine, all the way from XP via Vista and 8.1 to now 11. They
> are used to bring you this very posting! :-)
>
>> The problem is that a new copy is priced at $100 which i cannot justify.
>>
>> I am willing to pay for an unwanted copy from someone whose scanner has been scrapped.
>>
>> I can run it from Linux using Xsane but it is a bit tortuous.
>>
>> TIA

It could be the signing on the driver files is not good.

But otherwise, maybe doing Properties on the installer program,
then Compatibility, and selecting WinXP in Compatibility before
starting to install, will make it install.

*******

As for VirtualBox, VirtualBox isn't in the best of health these days, and a Version 5
that might have worked well, might be blocked.

*******

Another way to run software, is from a Macrium Reflect 32-bit CD. Boot
the CD and try to run a 32-bit program. This only partially works, for
self contained programs that are almost portable in nature. I think
I ran HDTune from there once.

*******

Running the Fujitsu software via WINE in Linux, would be fun :-)
Might only take a day to get that running.

You can make a real Bar Bet out of this thing. Wish I had
miserable software like that to test :-)

Paul

Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<tkjjq2.nt8.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=67012&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#67012

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: 10 Nov 2022 18:35:41 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:35 UTC

Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/10/2022 8:56 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> > pinnerite <pinnerite@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I currently run a Fujitsu fi-6130 cut sheet fed scanner from Windows XP.
> >> To run it from Windows 10 I need to install ScandAll PRO v2.0.1.
> >
> > *Why* do you need the new version? Does the old software not work?
> > Have you tried to run it in compatibility mode (assuming the problem is
> > an application (.exe) problem, not a driver problem)?
> >
> > FWIW, I have several programs which are nearly two decades old and
> > work just fine, all the way from XP via Vista and 8.1 to now 11. They
> > are used to bring you this very posting! :-)
> >
> >> The problem is that a new copy is priced at $100 which i cannot justify.
> >>
> >> I am willing to pay for an unwanted copy from someone whose scanner
> >> has been scrapped.
> >>
> >> I can run it from Linux using Xsane but it is a bit tortuous.
> >>
> >> TIA
>
> It could be the signing on the driver files is not good.
>
> But otherwise, maybe doing Properties on the installer program,
> then Compatibility, and selecting WinXP in Compatibility before
> starting to install, will make it install.

I didn't see any indication that it wouldn't *install*. AFAICT, there
was no indication whatsoever that/why he (?) couldn't use the old
software, assuming he does have the old software (in an installer form).

As to Compatibility, is the Compatibility setting propagated from the
installer to the actual program?

I normally try to find the .exe of the actual program and set the
Compatibility on that file

BTW:

<pinnerite>
I have had it for about 12 years!
</pinnerite>

In less than a month, my (Epson) scanner is *13* years old and works
perfectly fine, on Windows 11, with the original software, so there you
go! :-)

[...]

Re: ScandAll PRO 2.0.1

<20230714131332.445408115fb290dc80cf33fa@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=72467&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#72467

From: pinner...@gmail.com (eternal.septemer)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 13:13:32 +0100
 by: eternal.septemer - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 12:13 UTC

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 00:17:09 -0600
VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

> pinnerite <pinnerite@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Fujitsu fi-6130
>
> Discontinued product:
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/discontinued/fi6130/fi6130.html
>
> Says it runs on Windows 10, and:
>
> Comes bundled with the "automatic job separation" function armed
> ScandAll PRO Ver1.5 image capture software
>
> However, v1.5 was discontinued, too, and you need to get the v2 update.
>
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/fi-6x30.html
>
> Shows ScandAll v1 last released in 2013 is not supported on Windows 10,
> but shows v2 does that was released in 2015 (which is when Windows 10
> was released). I clicked on the v2.0.21 link which goes to:
>
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/pro-v2.html
>
> Says it is an update. Usually that means you need a full version before
> that. Also hinted by the instructions which say "This creates a folder
> called "SAPV210VUP" in the same folder where the program is stored."
> So, ScandAll v2 full has to be previously installed. There is a link to
> the fi Series web site, with software listed at:
>
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/business/#software
>
> ScandAll is not listed there. I found:
>
> https://imagescanner.fujitsu.com/global/dl/
>
> and entered:
>
> Series = fi-6100
> Scanner = fi-6130/fi-6230
> Target OS = Windows 10
>
> and clicked on "Display software list". That brought me full circle
> back to the 2nd link I mentioned above.
>
> You sure you cannot use the TWAIN driver in Windows 10, and then use a
> 3rd party scanner program?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWAIN
>
> https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/v9211600.html
>
> Windows 10 probably already has the TWAIN driver that will work with
> that scanner. Did you yet attach the scanner, and scan for new hardware
> (under Windows 10, Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) -> right-click on
> computer/root node, scan for new hardware) to see if your scanner got
> found?
>
> For a free TWAIN-compliant scanner program, you could ask in the
> alt.comp.freeware newsgroup, or do an online search, like:
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=free+twain+scanner+program

Thank you. I didn't post until checking all the options.
By the eway My model is not fi-6130 it is fi-6120.

Luckily it works veery well with xsane under Linux.
It is bit slow because I have to click once for every sheet.