Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: How do I make it top!
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:10:47 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:10 UTC

I've still got my Google Nexu 7 2013. Yesterday I tried to connect it to my
laptop to moe some files around, but it never appeared on the PC. Now I
keep getting this 'USB Device not recognized' popping up as a notification.
I'e tried rebooting, even powering off and restarting, but I can't make
that message stop. Can anone tell me what is going on?

Re: How do I make it top!

<6a7tapbmen3v.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=73012&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73012

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: How do I make it top!
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 16:00:29 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 21:00 UTC

MajorLanGod <lonelydad58@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've still got my Google Nexu 7 2013. Yesterday I tried to connect it
> to my laptop to moe some files around, but it never appeared on the
> PC. Now I keep getting this 'USB Device not recognized' popping up as
> a notification. I'e tried rebooting, even powering off and
> restarting, but I can't make that message stop. Can anone tell me
> what is going on?

Is the phone configured for its USB port to include data? Might be set
for just power (charging).

Re: How do I make it top!

<w0v7kuaexlbv$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=73013&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73013

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 16:06:32 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 21:06 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

> MajorLanGod <lonelydad58@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've still got my Google Nexu 7 2013. Yesterday I tried to connect it
>> to my laptop to moe some files around, but it never appeared on the
>> PC. Now I keep getting this 'USB Device not recognized' popping up as
>> a notification. I'e tried rebooting, even powering off and
>> restarting, but I can't make that message stop. Can anone tell me
>> what is going on?
>
> Is the phone configured for its USB port to include data? Might be set
> for just power (charging).

Oh, in addition, make sure the USB cable is a full cable: power and data
pins. I remember there were power-only cables: only had the power pins.
Using one of those means no data signaling between phone and computer.