From: joelcr...@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: [ Windows 11 23H2 ] - Release Date: 26th September 2023
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:12:29 -0400
 by: Joel - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 02:12 UTC

? Good Guy ? <Hello.World@example.onion> wrote:

>During its special event in New York, Microsoft has announced that Copilot, its new AI assistant, will make its debut in Windows 11 on September 26th, alongside many other features included in Windows 11 version 23H2. Copilot is also now its own thing, an underlying AI component that lives across all kinds of Microsoft products, including Windows, Edge, and Microsoft 365.
>

><https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-11-version-23h2-copilot-september-26/>
><https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-11-version-23h2-copilot-september-26/>
><https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-11-version-23h2-copilot-september-26/>
><https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-11-version-23h2-copilot-september-26/>
><https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-11-version-23h2-copilot-september-26/>
>

>It's a good idea to download the current version NOW so that you have a backup just in case you don't like the new features including CoPilot AI Engine. Some people here will always dislike any new features but Windows 11 have really good features so people with curious minds might won't to have go at it!!

Correct, upgrading from 22H2 to 23H2 is going to make AI take over
one's entire life. Or maybe one could just not use that feature.

--
Joel Crump

Re: [ Windows 11 23H2 ] - Release Date: 26th September 2023

<uej5f6$3uiid$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=73434&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73434

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 04:33:41 -0400
 by: Paul - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 08:33 UTC

On 9/21/2023 10:12 PM, Joel wrote:
> ? Good Guy ? <Hello.World@example.onion> wrote:
>
>> During its special event in New York, Microsoft has announced that Copilot, its new AI assistant, will make its debut in Windows 11 on September 26th, alongside many other features included in Windows 11 version 23H2. Copilot is also now its own thing, an underlying AI component that lives across all kinds of Microsoft products, including Windows, Edge, and Microsoft 365.
>>
>> < https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-11-version-23h2-copilot-september-26/ >
>>
>> It's a good idea to download the current version NOW so that you have a backup just in case you don't like the new features including CoPilot AI Engine. Some people here will always dislike any new features but Windows 11 have really good features so people with curious minds might won't to have go at it!!
>
> Correct, upgrading from 22H2 to 23H2 is going to make AI take over
> one's entire life. Or maybe one could just not use that feature.

Time to use grc.com InControl and set the version you want :-)

*******

With a CoPilot, I expect there will be Full Self Driving.

CoPilot will be symbolized by "Clippy" and

"I see you're writing a Ransom Note -- want some help with that ?"

https://www.techradar.com/news/microsofts-ai-gamble-with-windows-copilot-could-be-another-clippy-fiasco

"To avoid Windows Copilot turning into another Clippy, Microsoft needs
to ensure that it doesn't become too intrusive. That means it shouldn't
show pop-ups or take over the screen."

That doesn't sound like something Microsoft would do.

https://res.cloudinary.com/sagacity/image/upload/c_crop,h_2000,w_3000,x_0,y_0/c_limit,dpr_1.0,f_auto,fl_lossy,q_80,w_1400/0822_SM_Clippy_help_o6nlh3.png

Paul

Re: [ Windows 11 23H2 ] - Release Date: 26th September 2023

<MPG.3f774d78eb5a44299901a2@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=73439&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73439

From: the_stan...@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 08:07:04 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 15:07 UTC

On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 04:33:41 -0400, Paul wrote:
> On 9/21/2023 10:12 PM, Joel wrote:
> > Correct, upgrading from 22H2 to 23H2 is going to make AI take over
> > one's entire life. Or maybe one could just not use that feature.
>
> Time to use grc.com InControl and set the version you want :-)

If we do that, do we then miss security updates?

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...

Re: [ Windows 11 23H2 ] - Release Date: 26th September 2023

<uekhjf$b7n4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=73442&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73442

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:06:53 -0400
 by: Paul - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 17:06 UTC

On 9/22/2023 11:07 AM, Stan Brown wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 04:33:41 -0400, Paul wrote:
>> On 9/21/2023 10:12 PM, Joel wrote:
>>> Correct, upgrading from 22H2 to 23H2 is going to make AI take over
>>> one's entire life. Or maybe one could just not use that feature.
>>
>> Time to use grc.com InControl and set the version you want :-)
>
> If we do that, do we then miss security updates?

The support interval on Win11 is shown in the table here.
It's two years per release. I've taken the liberty of rounding
the table entries, so they make logical sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_11_version_history

22000 Oct 2021 - Oct 2023
22621 Oct 2022 - Oct 2024
22631 Oct 2023 - Oct 2025

If you get "two releases behind", you can see that something
happens to you. Your "libwebp heap overflow" doesn't get fixed.

However, your Windows Defender virus definitions, continue
to be received, as far as I know. That part of your "security" works.
But bug fixes to zero days and exploits, that stops coming in.

This is why there is an "accelerated" effort to upgrade machines
at some calendar date, to try to keep the machines within the
two year window (or two streams of support).

Each jumbo update you receive (Cumulative Patch Tuesday), consists
of many component packages inside. And Windows 10 and Windows 11
share some of those. At least from a logical point of view.
The infrastructure details (version stamps), might be different.

Since Microsoft juggles many balls at once ( Enterprise Long Term as
well as the Consumer versions), there must be considerable automation
for managing release streams.

Paul