From: nospam.G...@f50.n154.z1.fidonet.org (Gary McCulloch)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.cbm
Subject: Re: CBM Boards: www.rofbbs.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 18:22:12 +1300
 by: Gary McCulloch - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 05:22 UTC

-Spitfire On Thu 15-Feb-2024 11:56a, Ed Vance@1:2320/105.0 said to Gary
McCulloch:
EV> Ain't fired up the C=64 in years.

A lot of people are knocking the dust off their C64s and getting back
on-line with them. Using WiModems and UIED/SD cards as drives. Using CCGMS to
call all the Commodore boards again.

* ACIS Member. AmigaNet ArakNet C=Net FidoNet PiNet RetroNet

Re: CBM Boards: www.rofbbs.com

<708103693@f1.n770.z4573.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=738&group=comp.sys.cbm#738

From: nospam.E...@f1.n770.z4573.fidonet.org (Ed Vance)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.cbm
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 10:58:40 +1300
 by: Ed Vance - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 21:58 UTC

> -Spitfire On Thu 15-Feb-2024 11:56a, Ed Vance@1:2320/105.0 said to
> Gary McCulloch:

> A lot of people are knocking the dust off their C64s and getting back
> on-line with them. Using WiModems and UIED/SD cards as drives. Using CCGMS
> to call all the Commodore boards again.

2 years ago I lost internet service here, but I recall reading about the UIED
card.
Made me drool.
I haven,t called the shop that can repair Commodore gear in ages.
Thought maybe I may get one of those cards so a SD Card could be used instead
of Floppy Disks.
But that was years ago.

My C=64's back end has a Super Snapshot cartridge in the right, and a
Omenitronics (?) RS-232 in the left sockets on the back.
(Not in the room to see how to correctly spell the Brand Name of the RS-232
adapter).

I probably would have to unplug one of those cartridges to use that UIED
device.

Excuse the excessive quote text, don't know yet how to edit text from the on
line connection yet ...