Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  nodelist  faq  login

Frankly, Scarlett, I don't have a fix. -- Rhett Buggler


computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: The Second Abstraction of AI

SubjectAuthor
* The Second Abstraction of AIDouglas Eagleson
`* Re: The Second Abstraction of AIDouglas Eagleson
 `* Re: The Second Abstraction of AIDon Stockbauer
  `* Re: The Second Abstraction of AIDon Stockbauer
   `* Re: The Second Abstraction of AIDouglas Eagleson
    `- Re: The Second Abstraction of AIDon Stockbauer

1
Subject: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: Douglas Eagleson
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:31 UTC
X-Received: by 2002:ac8:724c:: with SMTP id l12mr651102qtp.131.1631554283641;
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 10:31:23 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a25:5686:: with SMTP id k128mr17722561ybb.127.1631554283436;
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 10:31:23 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 10:31:23 -0700 (PDT)
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=96.255.223.60; posting-account=E1NPMgoAAAAYgSBzAPtCmOrfbRMMCH4m
NNTP-Posting-Host: 96.255.223.60
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <d6406457-c825-4322-bc7c-838a77d1462an@googlegroups.com>
Subject: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
Injection-Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:31:23 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 9
View all headers
I first posted in sci.crypt by mistake:

And to new world begins:: Structuring an AI
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/08/24/2021-18108/artificial-intelligence-risk-management-framework

We are AI or was it borg?

btw: when we put the essence of Columbo, the tv detective,
in an detective's AI, it is going to be an interesting
ball of wax.


Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: Douglas Eagleson
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:19 UTC
References: 1
X-Received: by 2002:a37:9e4b:: with SMTP id h72mr11991671qke.475.1632511192543;
Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:19:52 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a25:c8c7:: with SMTP id y190mr15504925ybf.366.1632511192340;
Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:19:52 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:19:52 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <d6406457-c825-4322-bc7c-838a77d1462an@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=96.255.212.80; posting-account=E1NPMgoAAAAYgSBzAPtCmOrfbRMMCH4m
NNTP-Posting-Host: 96.255.212.80
References: <d6406457-c825-4322-bc7c-838a77d1462an@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <7057ec15-a5fc-47b1-8f49-d5d9a1bd77f2n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
Injection-Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:19:52 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 1:31:24 PM UTC-4, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
I first posted in sci.crypt by mistake:

And to new world begins:: Structuring an AI
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/08/24/2021-18108/artificial-intelligence-risk-management-framework

We are AI or was it borg?

btw: when we put the essence of Columbo, the tv detective,
in an detective's AI, it is going to be an interesting
ball of wax.

Does anybody know of a We or I paradox?


Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: Don Stockbauer
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:40 UTC
References: 1 2
X-Received: by 2002:ad4:4ab1:: with SMTP id i17mr11790856qvx.11.1632512425501;
Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:40:25 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a25:bdc6:: with SMTP id g6mr14857863ybk.310.1632512425275;
Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:40:25 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:40:25 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <7057ec15-a5fc-47b1-8f49-d5d9a1bd77f2n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=173.219.77.176; posting-account=iBgNeAoAAADRhzuSC4Ai7MUeMmxtwlM7
NNTP-Posting-Host: 173.219.77.176
References: <d6406457-c825-4322-bc7c-838a77d1462an@googlegroups.com> <7057ec15-a5fc-47b1-8f49-d5d9a1bd77f2n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <f9fd04d2-144c-472e-a4b8-f55d2db3ef41n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
Injection-Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:40:25 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 15
View all headers
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 1:31:24 PM UTC-4, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
I first posted in sci.crypt by mistake:

And to new world begins:: Structuring an AI
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/08/24/2021-18108/artificial-intelligence-risk-management-framework

We are AI or was it borg?

btw: when we put the essence of Columbo, the tv detective,
in an detective's AI, it is going to be an interesting
ball of wax.
Does anybody know of a We or I paradox?

Self-reference produces a lot of paradoxes like "this sentence is false ",  the Epimenides
paradox .  I guess what you call a We or an I paradox.   if you study Douglas Hofstadter's work you'll see he put a lot of effort into defining the "I" , how it forms throughout one's life.


Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: Don Stockbauer
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 08:23 UTC
References: 1 2 3
X-Received: by 2002:a05:600c:1906:: with SMTP id j6mr2346603wmq.141.1635927819998;
Wed, 03 Nov 2021 01:23:39 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a25:80cd:: with SMTP id c13mr36728956ybm.496.1635927819499;
Wed, 03 Nov 2021 01:23:39 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!news.mixmin.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.128.87.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 01:23:39 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <f9fd04d2-144c-472e-a4b8-f55d2db3ef41n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=173.219.77.176; posting-account=iBgNeAoAAADRhzuSC4Ai7MUeMmxtwlM7
NNTP-Posting-Host: 173.219.77.176
References: <d6406457-c825-4322-bc7c-838a77d1462an@googlegroups.com>
<7057ec15-a5fc-47b1-8f49-d5d9a1bd77f2n@googlegroups.com> <f9fd04d2-144c-472e-a4b8-f55d2db3ef41n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <61eaa500-58b2-4ade-bcdc-349ee5c547c4n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
Injection-Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 08:23:39 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 2:40:26 PM UTC-5, Don Stockbauer wrote:
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 1:31:24 PM UTC-4, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
I first posted in sci.crypt by mistake:

And to new world begins:: Structuring an AI
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/08/24/2021-18108/artificial-intelligence-risk-management-framework

We are AI or was it borg?

btw: when we put the essence of Columbo, the tv detective,
in an detective's AI, it is going to be an interesting
ball of wax.
Does anybody know of a We or I paradox?
Self-reference produces a lot of paradoxes like "this sentence is false ", the Epimenides
paradox . I guess what you call a We or an I paradox. if you study Douglas Hofstadter's work you'll see he put a lot of effort into defining the "I" , how it forms throughout one's life.

Or maybe not. Who the hell knows in this complicated day and age?


Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: Douglas Eagleson
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 21:31 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6214:1c09:: with SMTP id u9mr1540475qvc.4.1641850300203;
Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:31:40 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 2002:a25:9005:: with SMTP id s5mr2104209ybl.358.1641850300003;
Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:31:40 -0800 (PST)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:31:39 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <61eaa500-58b2-4ade-bcdc-349ee5c547c4n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=96.255.212.80; posting-account=E1NPMgoAAAAYgSBzAPtCmOrfbRMMCH4m
NNTP-Posting-Host: 96.255.212.80
References: <d6406457-c825-4322-bc7c-838a77d1462an@googlegroups.com>
<7057ec15-a5fc-47b1-8f49-d5d9a1bd77f2n@googlegroups.com> <f9fd04d2-144c-472e-a4b8-f55d2db3ef41n@googlegroups.com>
<61eaa500-58b2-4ade-bcdc-349ee5c547c4n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <d4c42aa7-9ded-4067-861c-49287fbe6ca2n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
Injection-Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 21:31:40 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 29
View all headers
On Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 4:23:42 AM UTC-4, Don Stockbauer wrote:
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 2:40:26 PM UTC-5, Don Stockbauer wrote:
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 1:31:24 PM UTC-4, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
I first posted in sci.crypt by mistake:

And to new world begins:: Structuring an AI
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/08/24/2021-18108/artificial-intelligence-risk-management-framework

We are AI or was it borg?

btw: when we put the essence of Columbo, the tv detective,
in an detective's AI, it is going to be an interesting
ball of wax.
Does anybody know of a We or I paradox?
Self-reference produces a lot of paradoxes like "this sentence is false ", the Epimenides
paradox  accept. I guess what you call a We or an I paradox. if you study Douglas Hofstadter's work you'll see he put a lot of effort into defining the "I" , how it forms throughout one's life.
Or maybe not. Who the hell knows in this complicated day and age?

here are some links where I explain myself

https://douglasmeaglesonportal.yolasite.com
https://platosschoolhouse.blogspot.com

The school house is a learning blog.  The classical
Greek theorists I claim as fully sufficient for logic
of basic formal thought.

The basic challenge is to apply relation implication
as assumptive.


Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: Don Stockbauer
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:12 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5
X-Received: by 2002:a05:620a:410:: with SMTP id 16mr3289375qkp.179.1642165967365;
Fri, 14 Jan 2022 05:12:47 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 2002:a25:1145:: with SMTP id 66mr6568928ybr.83.1642165967140;
Fri, 14 Jan 2022 05:12:47 -0800 (PST)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 05:12:46 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <d4c42aa7-9ded-4067-861c-49287fbe6ca2n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=173.219.77.176; posting-account=iBgNeAoAAADRhzuSC4Ai7MUeMmxtwlM7
NNTP-Posting-Host: 173.219.77.176
References: <d6406457-c825-4322-bc7c-838a77d1462an@googlegroups.com>
<7057ec15-a5fc-47b1-8f49-d5d9a1bd77f2n@googlegroups.com> <f9fd04d2-144c-472e-a4b8-f55d2db3ef41n@googlegroups.com>
<61eaa500-58b2-4ade-bcdc-349ee5c547c4n@googlegroups.com> <d4c42aa7-9ded-4067-861c-49287fbe6ca2n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <c0ad8817-3ce4-4d66-a2c7-770f9ce36ac0n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: The Second Abstraction of AI
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
Injection-Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:12:47 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 31
View all headers
On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 3:31:41 PM UTC-6, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
On Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 4:23:42 AM UTC-4, Don Stockbauer wrote:
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 2:40:26 PM UTC-5, Don Stockbauer wrote:
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 1:31:24 PM UTC-4, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
I first posted in sci.crypt by mistake:

And to new world begins:: Structuring an AI
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/08/24/2021-18108/artificial-intelligence-risk-management-framework

We are AI or was it borg?

btw: when we put the essence of Columbo, the tv detective,
in an detective's AI, it is going to be an interesting
ball of wax.
Does anybody know of a We or I paradox?
Self-reference produces a lot of paradoxes like "this sentence is false ", the Epimenides
paradox accept. I guess what you call a We or an I paradox. if you study Douglas Hofstadter's work you'll see he put a lot of effort into defining the "I" , how it forms throughout one's life.
Or maybe not. Who the hell knows in this complicated day and age?
here are some links where I explain myself

https://douglasmeaglesonportal.yolasite.com
https://platosschoolhouse.blogspot.com

The school house is a learning blog. The classical
Greek theorists I claim as fully sufficient for logic
of basic formal thought.

The basic challenge is to apply relation implication
as assumptive.

That's nice.


1
rocksolid light 0.7.2
clearneti2ptor