From: nos...@inter.net (David)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Linux Mint Themes
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:31:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:31 UTC

Hi. This is my first post to a newsgroup in a couple of decades. Good to
be back. Anyway I am new to Linux Mint. I am currently running Virginia
(21.3) I've tried to install some of the prepacked themes but they all
have the same issue. The included wallpaper never loads. I've tried
looking for them in the backgrounds settings but they're never there. Any
idea where to look for them at?

Re: Linux Mint Themes

<uo4688$12opp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7431&group=alt.os.linux.mint#7431

From: ala...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Linux Mint Themes
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:57:44 -0500
 by: Big Al - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:57 UTC

On 1/15/24 03:31 PM, David wrote:
> Hi. This is my first post to a newsgroup in a couple of decades. Good to
> be back. Anyway I am new to Linux Mint. I am currently running Virginia
> (21.3) I've tried to install some of the prepacked themes but they all
> have the same issue. The included wallpaper never loads. I've tried
> looking for them in the backgrounds settings but they're never there. Any
> idea where to look for them at?
You normally open settings->backgrounds and pick from there. If you
don't have them, you can look for wallpapers in synaptic. Ubuntu
wallpapers.

Is this what you did?
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Linux Mint Themes

<uo47k3$1327a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7432&group=alt.os.linux.mint#7432

From: ala...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:21:07 -0500
 by: Big Al - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 21:21 UTC

On 1/15/24 03:57 PM, Big Al wrote:
> On 1/15/24 03:31 PM, David wrote:
>> Hi.  This is my first post to a newsgroup in a couple of decades.
>> Good to
>> be back. Anyway I am new to Linux Mint.  I am currently running Virginia
>> (21.3) I've tried to install some of the prepacked themes but they all
>> have the same issue. The included wallpaper never loads.  I've tried
>> looking for them in the backgrounds settings but they're never there.
>> Any
>> idea where to look for them at?
> You normally open settings->backgrounds and pick from there.  If you
> don't have them, you can look for wallpapers in synaptic.  Ubuntu
> wallpapers.
>
> Is this what you did?
I just noticed that you said a 'theme' and the wallpaper never loads.
Themes do not have wallpapers.
I'm sure there are some themes that can be downloaded (not part of the
upgrade) that might come with a wallpaper but not the standard mint-y
and mint-x and mint-l desktop themes.

If we are talking about the same thing that is...
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Linux Mint Themes

<uo4eh7$14250$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7434&group=alt.os.linux.mint#7434

From: nos...@inter.net (David)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:19:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:19 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:21:07 -0500, Big Al wrote:

> On 1/15/24 03:57 PM, Big Al wrote:
>> On 1/15/24 03:31 PM, David wrote:
>>> Hi.  This is my first post to a newsgroup in a couple of decades.
>>> Good to be back. Anyway I am new to Linux Mint.  I am currently
>>> running Virginia (21.3) I've tried to install some of the prepacked
>>> themes but they all have the same issue. The included wallpaper never
>>> loads.  I've tried looking for them in the backgrounds settings but
>>> they're never there. Any idea where to look for them at?
>> You normally open settings->backgrounds and pick from there.  If you
>> don't have them, you can look for wallpapers in synaptic.  Ubuntu
>> wallpapers.
>>
>> Is this what you did?
> I just noticed that you said a 'theme' and the wallpaper never loads.
> Themes do not have wallpapers.
> I'm sure there are some themes that can be downloaded (not part of the
> upgrade) that might come with a wallpaper but not the standard mint-y
> and mint-x and mint-l desktop themes.
>
> If we are talking about the same thing that is...

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the CBlue theme and it said it
included a wallpaper. After applying the theme I looked for it under
"backgrounds" but the wallpaper wasn't there. I clicked through all of
the options such as Linux Mint, Vanessa, etc. I even checked my Pics
folder in off chance it might have ended up there.

Re: Linux Mint Themes

<uo4f24$143ug$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7435&group=alt.os.linux.mint#7435

From: nos...@inter.net (David)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:28:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:28 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:19:03 -0000 (UTC), David wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:21:07 -0500, Big Al wrote:

>>> You normally open settings->backgrounds and pick from there.  If you
>>> don't have them, you can look for wallpapers in synaptic.  Ubuntu
>>> wallpapers.
>>>
>>> Is this what you did?
>> I just noticed that you said a 'theme' and the wallpaper never loads.
>> Themes do not have wallpapers.
>> I'm sure there are some themes that can be downloaded (not part of the
>> upgrade) that might come with a wallpaper but not the standard mint-y
>> and mint-x and mint-l desktop themes.
>>
>> If we are talking about the same thing that is...
>
> Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the CBlue theme and it said it
> included a wallpaper. After applying the theme I looked for it under
> "backgrounds" but the wallpaper wasn't there. I clicked through all of
> the options such as Linux Mint, Vanessa, etc. I even checked my Pics
> folder in off chance it might have ended up there.

Please disregard. I finally found it at ~/.themes/CBlue/cinnamon/
Wallpaper.png. Thanks for your assistance though!

Re: Linux Mint Themes

<uo4fr5$1459i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7436&group=alt.os.linux.mint#7436

From: ala...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 18:41:24 -0500
 by: Big Al - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:41 UTC

On 1/15/24 06:28 PM, David wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:19:03 -0000 (UTC), David wrote:

>>> I just noticed that you said a 'theme' and the wallpaper never loads.
>>> Themes do not have wallpapers.
>>> I'm sure there are some themes that can be downloaded (not part of the
>>> upgrade) that might come with a wallpaper but not the standard mint-y
>>> and mint-x and mint-l desktop themes.
>>>
>>> If we are talking about the same thing that is...
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the CBlue theme and it said it
>> included a wallpaper. After applying the theme I looked for it under
>> "backgrounds" but the wallpaper wasn't there. I clicked through all of
>> the options such as Linux Mint, Vanessa, etc. I even checked my Pics
>> folder in off chance it might have ended up there.
>
> Please disregard. I finally found it at ~/.themes/CBlue/cinnamon/
> Wallpaper.png. Thanks for your assistance though!
I've downloaded that one too. I was just going to say that writers
usually put a single wallpaper inside the theme directory.
Glad it was found.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al