From: wNOSP...@gmail.org (pH)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Command line or gui control of Printer possible?
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 22:50:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pH - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 22:50 UTC

I have an HP69689 "all in one" printer/scanner/copier. It works fine.

I can scan using an application and print via "lpr" or any application's
print command that seems to work fine.

I was just wondering if there is a command line or gui *copy* command.

I had to stand up and go around to the front of the printer and do my
copying via its built-in touch screen. This is *not* a big deal and I
seldom need to copy.

I'm just curious if a command line or gui does exist.

Pureheart in Aptos

Re: Command line or gui control of Printer possible?

<SIudnd-rtOIGDAP_nZ2dnUU7-I_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7459&group=comp.os.linux.misc#7459

From: hel...@deepsoft.com (Robert Heller)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 18:45:31 -0500
 by: Robert Heller - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 23:45 UTC

At Mon, 6 Jun 2022 22:50:59 -0000 (UTC) pH <wNOSPAMp@gmail.org> wrote:

> I have an HP69689 "all in one" printer/scanner/copier. It works fine.
>
> I can scan using an application and print via "lpr" or any application's
> print command that seems to work fine.
>
> I was just wondering if there is a command line or gui *copy* command.
>
> I had to stand up and go around to the front of the printer and do my
> copying via its built-in touch screen. This is *not* a big deal and I
> seldom need to copy.

*Some* modern networked (wired or wireless) all-in-ones have a built-in
"webserver" app. Whether this app includes anything like this is unknown, but
possible. Try: http://ip.address.of.printer/ in a web browser and see what
you get. If this printer is connected via USB or Bluetooth, this won't be
available -- it will only be on a network connected printer.

--
Robert Heller -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
Deepwoods Software -- Custom Software Services