White dwarf seeks red giant for binary relationship.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the same sound

SubjectAuthor
* Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the sameNY
+* Re: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the VanguardLH
|`- Re: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, soCarlos E. R.
+- Re: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the micky
`- Re: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the Frank Slootweg

1
Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the same sound

<9CCdnajCUPQ1aKP4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=74738&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74738

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 00:15:35 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: me...@privacy.net (NY)
Subject: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the same sound
 by: NY - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 00:15 UTC

Is this possible...

I have a friend who wants to able to play sound (eg music, or a fitness
video) on a PC, and have two sets of Bluetooth headphones play that
sound so two people can listen to it.

Bluetooth normally allows you to *pair* more the one device with a
player (eg a Windows PC) but only allows one device to *connect* at a
time: if one device is connected and you connect another, it disconnects
the first one.

Is there a way round that restriction? Corded headphones and a Y-shaped
connector (one input from the PC's headphone jack, two parallel outputs
to headphones) would work, but the cords would get in the way,
especially during fitness videos. It needs to be cordless.

Re: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the same sound

<y9v4sn1t564j.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=74741&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74741

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 21:33:27 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 02:33 UTC

NY <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> Is this possible...
>
> I have a friend who wants to able to play sound (eg music, or a fitness
> video) on a PC, and have two sets of Bluetooth headphones play that
> sound so two people can listen to it.
>
> Bluetooth normally allows you to *pair* more the one device with a
> player (eg a Windows PC) but only allows one device to *connect* at a
> time: if one device is connected and you connect another, it disconnects
> the first one.
>
> Is there a way round that restriction? Corded headphones and a Y-shaped
> connector (one input from the PC's headphone jack, two parallel outputs
> to headphones) would work, but the cords would get in the way,
> especially during fitness videos. It needs to be cordless.

https://youtu.be/nA7bnT5W5do

That talks about pairing a Android or iOS smartphone to 2 BT headphones.
It mentions Dual Audio just for Samsung on Android, so I don't know if
other brands have a similar feature, or if Samsung has it just for them.

For a PC, the only solution I can think of at the moment is a BT media
hub. Typically the USB media hub connects to audio outputs on a device,
like a TV, stereo, or PC's audio jacks. Multiple BT headphones can
connect to the BT media hub.

https://www.meeaudio.com/ConnectHub/

They show a pic of 2 people watching the same TV while listening at the
same time to the audio output of the TV with the BT hub in TX (transmit)
mode. I've also seen these called Bluetooth router to connect to a
single source (in TX mode) to stream to multiple BT devices. I've only
seen passing mention of the Cassia BT hub.

Re: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the same sound

<o1iuji5ntak83v9splg524895lc69nisr3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=74742&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74742

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 02:08:50 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 06:08 UTC

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Mon, 30 Oct 2023 00:15:35 +0000, NY
<me@privacy.net> wrote:

>Is this possible...
>
>I have a friend who wants to able to play sound (eg music, or a fitness
>video) on a PC, and have two sets of Bluetooth headphones play that
>sound so two people can listen to it.
>
>Bluetooth normally allows you to *pair* more the one device with a
>player (eg a Windows PC) but only allows one device to *connect* at a
>time: if one device is connected and you connect another, it disconnects
>the first one.
>
>Is there a way round that restriction? Corded headphones and a Y-shaped
>connector (one input from the PC's headphone jack, two parallel outputs
>to headphones) would work, but the cords would get in the way,
>especially during fitness videos. It needs to be cordless.

I recently read the instructions for something which said you could do
this with it, play on two devices. I can't remember what, but whatever
it is, it may be spreading, with time.

Re: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the same sound

<kq9279FccrrU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=74744&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74744

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so
both play the same sound
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 07:53:29 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 06:53 UTC

On 2023-10-30 03:33, VanguardLH wrote:
> NY <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> Is this possible...
>>
>> I have a friend who wants to able to play sound (eg music, or a fitness
>> video) on a PC, and have two sets of Bluetooth headphones play that
>> sound so two people can listen to it.
>>
>> Bluetooth normally allows you to *pair* more the one device with a
>> player (eg a Windows PC) but only allows one device to *connect* at a
>> time: if one device is connected and you connect another, it disconnects
>> the first one.
>>
>> Is there a way round that restriction? Corded headphones and a Y-shaped
>> connector (one input from the PC's headphone jack, two parallel outputs
>> to headphones) would work, but the cords would get in the way,
>> especially during fitness videos. It needs to be cordless.
>
> https://youtu.be/nA7bnT5W5do
>
> That talks about pairing a Android or iOS smartphone to 2 BT headphones.
> It mentions Dual Audio just for Samsung on Android, so I don't know if
> other brands have a similar feature, or if Samsung has it just for them.
>
> For a PC, the only solution I can think of at the moment is a BT media
> hub. Typically the USB media hub connects to audio outputs on a device,
> like a TV, stereo, or PC's audio jacks. Multiple BT headphones can
> connect to the BT media hub.
>
> https://www.meeaudio.com/ConnectHub/
>
> They show a pic of 2 people watching the same TV while listening at the
> same time to the audio output of the TV with the BT hub in TX (transmit)
> mode. I've also seen these called Bluetooth router to connect to a
> single source (in TX mode) to stream to multiple BT devices. I've only
> seen passing mention of the Cassia BT hub.

I was thinking of using two TV wireless headsets, each with its own
transceiver. But this one you propose is way more sensible, didn't know
of its existence.

Certainly being able to connect two headphones to a computer has some
interest.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Pairing and connecting *two* Bluetooth headsets to one PC, so both play the same sound

<uhoic8.5lc.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=74754&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74754

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: 30 Oct 2023 14:33:50 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:33 UTC

NY <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> Is this possible...
>
> I have a friend who wants to able to play sound (eg music, or a fitness
> video) on a PC, and have two sets of Bluetooth headphones play that
> sound so two people can listen to it.
>
> Bluetooth normally allows you to *pair* more the one device with a
> player (eg a Windows PC) but only allows one device to *connect* at a
> time: if one device is connected and you connect another, it disconnects
> the first one.
>
> Is there a way round that restriction? Corded headphones and a Y-shaped
> connector (one input from the PC's headphone jack, two parallel outputs
> to headphones) would work, but the cords would get in the way,
> especially during fitness videos. It needs to be cordless.

As VanguardLH mentioned, look for a device which is commonly known as
a 'Bluetooth transmitter' (or Bluetooth receiver/transmitter) and which
allows simultaneous connection (not just pairing) to two (sets of)
Bluetooth headphones.

I've one - receiver/transmitter - which says it can pair to two
headphones and implies it can connect to two, but I've not actually
tested that. Mine was EUR 30, so you could even buy two and use a
Y-shaped connector/cable.

There are many brands and pseudo brands, so it's better for you to
search/check what you can actually buy where you live, than for me to
give details about the pseudo-brand device which I happen to have here
in The Netherlands.