From: J...@M (D)
Subject: 53 days until google cuts the cord
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 19:58:44 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.groups
 by: D - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 18:58 UTC

53 days until google cuts the cho... err..cord, will be decommissioned,
disabled, disconnected, deactivated, dismantled, shut down, turned off,
put aside, unplugged, inoperative, unavailable, mothballed, disallowed,
taken down, phased out, gone kaput, consigned to the annals of history,
blocked, nixed, ixnayed, etcetera . . . countdown to usenet armageddon?

Re: 53 days until google cuts the cord

<6aaaedbbbcee89973b9d87840815d50e@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=754&group=news.groups#754

Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 01:32:28 +0000
Subject: Re: 53 days until google cuts the cord
From: manta1...@gmail.com (darius)
Newsgroups: news.groups
 by: darius - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 01:32 UTC

what went wrong with Usenet Google Groups
flooded with Thai marketing spam in 2023 ?

I was not a good idea to let Google to acquire DejaNews in the past

Re: 53 days until google cuts the cord

<unicbq$1efnj$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=755&group=news.groups#755

From: inva...@invalid.fgtgfrdswe (Honest Broker)
Newsgroups: news.groups
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 03:00:00 +0000
 by: Honest Broker - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 03:00 UTC

On 09/01/2024 01:32, darius wrote:
> what went wrong with Usenet Google Groups flooded with Thai marketing
> spam in 2023 ?
>
> I was not a good idea to let Google to acquire DejaNews in the past
Is there is a demand to have a forum geared specifically for unwashed
trolls and spammers where the only post allowed will be spam, insults
and conspiracy theories to keep users' mum happy that their only bastard
child is very busy spamming user groups. Let me know so that I can create such a forum for them.

Re: 53 days until google cuts the cord

<a34e6fea9e6ce9ab086faa2c0a292c34@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=756&group=news.groups#756

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 05:02:46 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.groups
 by: D - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 04:02 UTC

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 01:32:28 +0000, manta103g@gmail.com (darius) wrote:
>what went wrong with Usenet Google Groups
>flooded with Thai marketing spam in 2023 ?
>I was not a good idea to let Google to acquire DejaNews in the past

complaints were posted to headquarters and have google nuked from dejanews:

>Deja News Inc.
>Echelon II
>Suite 300
>9430 Research Blvd
>Austin, Texas 78759
(97W44:40,30N23:05)

http://dejanews.com/forms/nuke.shtml
>Deja News - Message Nuke
>Our Message Nuke form lets you locate messages from a current email address
>and remove (or "nuke") them from the Deja News archive. To nuke a message
>from our archive, please follow the instructions below very carefully.
>You must submit a request for each message that you want nuked. When we
>receive your request, we will send you an email; your reply to this email
>confirms your nuke request. Because we must safeguard against the erroneous
>removal of messages from our archive, failure to follow instructions exactly
>will cause your message to remain in our system.
>How to nuke a message:
> 1. Using the entry filed at the bottom of this page, enter the email address
> associated with the message you want to nuke and click the Find button.
> Note: Without exception, we only nuke messages from an email address at
> which you currently receive messages. Thus, you can only nuke messages
> that you posted using an old email address if you can still access email
> sent to that account.
> 2. Select the target newsgroup from the resulting author profile.
> 3. Choose the message you want to nuke from the resulting list of messages.
> 4. Click on the "nuke message" link (appears just above the message body).
>Once we receive this request, we will send you a message asking you to
>confirm your nuke request. You must confirm your nuke request (just follow
>the reply instructions contained in the message) in order for us to continue
>with the nuke process. Once we receive your response, we will nuke the
>message you requested.
>Start nuking:
>Email address:
>Example: kirk@starfleet.gov
>Find
>Home * Communities * My Deja News * Power Search * Post
>About Deja News * Ad Info * Our Advertisers
>Copyright (c) 1995-99 Deja News, Inc. All rights reserved.
>Conditions of use * Site privacy statement reviewed by TRUSTe
[end quote]
http://dejanews.com/forms/nuke.shtml
>Deja News - Message Nuke
>Our Message Nuke form lets you locate messages from a current email address
>and remove (or "nuke") them from the Deja News archive. To nuke a message
>from our archive, please follow the instructions below very carefully.
>You must submit a request for each message that you want nuked. When we
>receive your request, we will send you an email; your reply to this email
>confirms your nuke request. Because we must safeguard against the erroneous
>removal of messages from our archive, failure to follow instructions exactly
>will cause your message to remain in our system.
>How to nuke a message:
> 1. Using the entry filed at the bottom of this page, enter the email address
> associated with the message you want to nuke and click the Find button.
> Note: Without exception, we only nuke messages from an email address at
> which you currently receive messages. Thus, you can only nuke messages
> that you posted using an old email address if you can still access email
> sent to that account.
> 2. Select the target newsgroup from the resulting author profile.
> 3. Choose the message you want to nuke from the resulting list of messages.
> 4. Click on the "nuke message" link (appears just above the message body).
>Once we receive this request, we will send you a message asking you to
>confirm your nuke request. You must confirm your nuke request (just follow
>the reply instructions contained in the message) in order for us to continue
>with the nuke process. Once we receive your response, we will nuke the
>message you requested.
>Start nuking:
>Email address:
>Example: kirk@starfleet.gov
>Find
>Home * Communities * My Deja News * Power Search * Post
>About Deja News * Ad Info * Our Advertisers
>Copyright (c) 1995-99 Deja News, Inc. All rights reserved.
>Conditions of use * Site privacy statement reviewed by TRUSTe
[end quote]

Re: 53 days until google cuts the cord

<unjn1l$fdh$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=757&group=news.groups#757

From: klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: news.groups
Date: 9 Jan 2024 15:00:05 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 15:00 UTC

In article <6aaaedbbbcee89973b9d87840815d50e@news.novabbs.com>,
darius <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote:
>what went wrong with Usenet Google Groups
>flooded with Thai marketing spam in 2023 ?
>
>I was not a good idea to let Google to acquire DejaNews in the past

You are coming to the party a bit late, aren't you?
--scott