From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: What is everyone using for USB-C hub can connect many things with Intel MacBook Pro?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.portables,comp.sys.mac.systems,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 04:37:32 +0000
 by: Ant - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 04:37 UTC

Hello,

What is everyone using for USB-C hub can connect many things with Intel
MacBook Pro? I'm looking to replace AUKEY CB-C78 hub that is having
problems with iPhones via USB devices (e.g., drives and iPhones), HDMI
monitor, etc. Hub needs to be light and portable that can connect to
many things like ethernet network, VGA, HDMI, USB (A&C), memory cards,
etc. This is for a 13" 2020 Intel MacBook Pro (A2251 model; MWP62LL/A).

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now..." ???Philippians 1:4-5. >8 hrs. of Z with 1 pee brk. 2 cold! 2024 isn't any betta.
| |o o| |

Re: What is everyone using for USB-C hub can connect many things with Intel MacBook Pro?

<kvthefFc49kU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=75&group=comp.sys.mac.portables#75

Followup: comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc
From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.portables,comp.sys.mac.systems,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: What is everyone using for USB-C hub can connect many things
with Intel MacBook Pro?
Date: 6 Jan 2024 17:37:19 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:37 UTC

On 2024-01-06, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is everyone using for USB-C hub can connect many things with
> Intel MacBook Pro? I'm looking to replace AUKEY CB-C78 hub that is
> having problems with iPhones via USB devices (e.g., drives and
> iPhones), HDMI monitor, etc. Hub needs to be light and portable that
> can connect to many things like ethernet network, VGA, HDMI, USB
> (A&C), memory cards, etc. This is for a 13" 2020 Intel MacBook Pro
> (A2251 model; MWP62LL/A).

I would trust any of OWC's offerings over some random brand from Amazon:

<https://www.owc.com/solutions/connectivity/docks-hubs>

JR

Re: What is everyone using for USB-C hub can connect many things with Intel MacBook Pro?

<3uicnTFEyPz2qzn4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=76&group=comp.sys.mac.portables#76

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.portables,comp.sys.mac.systems,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 19:30:51 +0000
 by: Ant - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 19:30 UTC

In comp.sys.mac.portables Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2024-01-06, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > What is everyone using for USB-C hub can connect many things with
> > Intel MacBook Pro? I'm looking to replace AUKEY CB-C78 hub that is
> > having problems with iPhones via USB devices (e.g., drives and
> > iPhones), HDMI monitor, etc. Hub needs to be light and portable that
> > can connect to many things like ethernet network, VGA, HDMI, USB
> > (A&C), memory cards, etc. This is for a 13" 2020 Intel MacBook Pro
> > (A2251 model; MWP62LL/A).

> I would trust any of OWC's offerings over some random brand from Amazon:

> <https://www.owc.com/solutions/connectivity/docks-hubs>

Thanks. Wow, those are expensive.
--
"You were marked in [Christ] with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession ??? to the praise of his glory." ???Ephesians 1:13-14. Cold, losing wt., going loco, brokeness, etc.
| |o o| |

Re: What is everyone using for USB-C hub can connect many things with Intel MacBook Pro?

<l0ll97Fran7U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=77&group=comp.sys.mac.portables#77

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.portables,comp.sys.mac.systems,comp.sys.mac.system
with Intel MacBook Pro?
Date: 15 Jan 2024 21:09:59 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 21:09 UTC

On 2024-01-14, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> In comp.sys.mac.portables Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-01-06, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > What is everyone using for USB-C hub can connect many things with
>> > Intel MacBook Pro? I'm looking to replace AUKEY CB-C78 hub that is
>> > having problems with iPhones via USB devices (e.g., drives and
>> > iPhones), HDMI monitor, etc. Hub needs to be light and portable that
>> > can connect to many things like ethernet network, VGA, HDMI, USB
>> > (A&C), memory cards, etc. This is for a 13" 2020 Intel MacBook Pro
>> > (A2251 model; MWP62LL/A).
>
>> I would trust any of OWC's offerings over some random brand from Amazon:
>
>> <https://www.owc.com/solutions/connectivity/docks-hubs>
>
> Thanks. Wow, those are expensive.

Sure, but you won't find many people complaining because it doesn't work
well like you will with cheap crap alternatives. You get what you pay
for.

JR