System going down in 5 minutes.

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisites ]

SubjectAuthor
* Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisites ]olcott
+* Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisitesolcott
|`* Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisitesolcott
| `* Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisitesolcott
|  `* Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisitesolcott
|   `* Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisitesolcott
|    `- Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ flunksolcott
`* Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ honestolcott
 `- Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ honestolcott

1
Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisites ]

<z7Odnd2ifoJL3X78nZ2dnUU7-dHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7749&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7749

Followup: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 15:47:00 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Subject: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisites ]
 by: olcott - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 21:47 UTC

Most people that try to form a rebuttal of my halting problem proof
refutation lack sufficient basic understanding of the computer science
involved.

The primary reason for this short-coming is that none of the textbook
explanations of the halting problem are sufficiently precise.

Every decider computes the mapping from its input(s) to an accept or
reject state.

A halt decider H computes the mapping from a P/I finite string pair
(where P is a machine description) to an accept or reject state.

H must compute this mapping on the basis of the actual behavior that P/I
specifies.

The most definite way to determine N steps of the behavior that P/I
actually specifies is to perform a pure simulation of N steps of P/I.

Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy ∞
Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn

The copy of H at Ĥ.qx referred to as embedded_H must compute
the mapping from its own inputs: ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to Ĥ.qy or Ĥ.qn.
It must do this on the basis of the actual behavior specified by these
inputs.

The actual behavior specified by these inputs is the behavior of the
pure simulation of N steps of ⟨Ĥ⟩ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ until:
(a) The simulated ⟨Ĥ⟩ reaches its final state or
(b) embedded_H recognizes that simulated ⟨Ĥ⟩ would never reach its final
state.

Linz, Peter 1990. An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata.
Lexington/Toronto: D. C. Heath and Company. (317-320)

https://www.liarparadox.org/Peter_Linz_HP_317-320.pdf

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisites ]

<P8GdnYF3h6rM33n8nZ2dnUU7-L3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7751&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7751

Followup: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 10:05:36 -0600
]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 16:05 UTC

On 1/15/2022 4:26 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 1/15/22 4:47 PM, olcott wrote:
>> Most people that try to form a rebuttal of my halting problem proof
>> refutation lack sufficient basic understanding of the computer science
>> involved.
>>
>> The primary reason for this short-coming is that none of the textbook
>> explanations of the halting problem are sufficiently precise.
>
> No, your understanding is not sufficient for the task.
>

>> Every decider computes the mapping from its input(s) to an accept or
>> reject state.
>>
>> A halt decider H computes the mapping from a P/I finite string pair
>> (where P is a machine description) to an accept or reject state.
>>
>> H must compute this mapping on the basis of the actual behavior that
>> P/I specifies.
>
> AND, that mapping MUST match the ACTUAL behavior of the computation it
> is deciding on.
>

>> The most definite way to determine N steps of the behavior that P/I
>> actually specifies is to perform a pure simulation of N steps of P/I.
>>
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy ∞
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn
>>
>> The copy of H at Ĥ.qx referred to as embedded_H must compute
>> the mapping from its own inputs: ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to Ĥ.qy or Ĥ.qn.
>> It must do this on the basis of the actual behavior specified by these
>> inputs.
>>
>> The actual behavior specified by these inputs is the behavior of the
>> pure simulation of N steps of ⟨Ĥ⟩ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ until:
>> (a) The simulated ⟨Ĥ⟩ reaches its final state or
>> (b) embedded_H recognizes that simulated ⟨Ĥ⟩ would never reach its
>> final state.
>>

> WRONG. The actual behavior specifie by these inputs is the behavior of
> the pure simulation until it completes, or forever if it never halts.

That is correct. In those cases where the input specifies an infinite
sequence of configurations a halt decider either:

(a) Recognizes that this sequence would never reach its final state in
any finite number of steps
and aborts its simulation of this input
and transitions to its reject state.

(b) Fails to be a decider at all.

computation that halts … the Turing machine will halt whenever it enters
a final state. (Linz:1990:234)

According to Linz any sequence of configurations that would never reach
its final state in any finite number of steps is a non halting sequence.

>> Linz, Peter 1990. An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata.
>> Lexington/Toronto: D. C. Heath and Company. (317-320)
>>
>> https://www.liarparadox.org/Peter_Linz_HP_317-320.pdf

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisites ]

<Q5OdnZFE96gLOHn8nZ2dnUU7-TPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7752&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7752

Followup: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 17:09:09 -0600
]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<nTYEJ.37643$Q11.9293@fx33.iad> <ss1n59$f22$1@dont-email.me>
<aXZEJ.3298$JU.1561@fx21.iad> <LK2dnT2SbK6O83n8nZ2dnUU7-RPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<TS_EJ.222387$np6.206948@fx46.iad>
<ksSdnVga8ZIZ4nn8nZ2dnUU7-ffNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<QC%EJ.222390$np6.159597@fx46.iad>
<Xc-dnYYyYuwPDXn8nZ2dnUU7-KnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <fO0FJ.3299$JU.2319@fx21.iad>
<AvidneJby8PVBnn8nZ2dnUU7-UPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<gs1FJ.149232$QB1.113590@fx42.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 23:09 UTC

On 1/16/2022 5:00 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> NO, WE DON'T.
>>>
>>> It only meet the requirement if H doesn't abort.
>>>
>>> The fact that an aborted simulation doesn't reach its final state
>>> does NOT say that the input would never reach a final state if it was
>>> simulated farther.
>>>
>>> So, yes, you have proven that if you H is defined as a simulator that
>>> never aborts its simulation, then H^ will be a non-halting
>>> computation and the correct answer for a Halting Decider would be
>>> non-halting, but by the conditions you just imposed on H to prove
>>> that, H can not give that answer. Once you remove the constraint on H
>>> that it never aborts its simulation, then your proof for the new H^
>>> that is created from this new H becomes invalid and doesn't actually
>>> prove anything like what you want. At best it proves that H can never
>>> actually prove that H^ is halting (not that it isn't halting, just
>>> that H can't actually prove it).

>>> WRONG. Linz definition refers to the ACTUAL running of the machine,
>>> not its simulation by a partial simulator.
>>>
>>> Just because H has aborted its simulation does NOT mean that if the
>>> input was actually simulated by a UTM it would not reach that final
>>> state.
>>>

>> The fact that the input to embedded_H demonstrates an infinitely
>> repeating pattern that can be recognized by embedded_H as infinitely
>> repeating is what provides embedded_H with its "never reaches its
>> final state" halt status criterion measure.
>

> But if H 'recognizes' it as an infinitely repeating pattern and goes to
> H.Qn then the input it is looking at is KNOWN to Halt,

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisites ]

<ZYGdnS-p9Nqdf3n8nZ2dnUU7-b3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7753&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7753

Followup: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 21:26:54 -0600
]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<%72FJ.133946$Gco3.32436@fx01.iad>
<sJ-dnUEEv816LXn8nZ2dnUU7-b_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<Av2FJ.263718$1d1.93376@fx99.iad>
<bOSdnQuDCe7sKHn8nZ2dnUU7-aXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<j%2FJ.112671$zF3.8580@fx03.iad>
<6vCdnXVyTsbhR3n8nZ2dnUU7-cPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<m_4FJ.204421$Wkjc.131873@fx35.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 03:26 UTC

On 1/16/2022 9:01 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> But what would they do AFTER that? Won't they also abort their own
>>> simulation?
>>>

>> When embedded_H recognizes that its input matches an infinite behavior
>> pattern it immediately stops simulating this input thus terminating
>> the entire call chain.
>>

> Not the part of the chain that is CALLING it.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisites ]

<ss2pk3$kqd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7754&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7754

Followup: comp.theory
From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
]
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 22:00:01 -0600
<nTYEJ.37643$Q11.9293@fx33.iad> <ss1n59$f22$1@dont-email.me>
<aXZEJ.3298$JU.1561@fx21.iad> <LK2dnT2SbK6O83n8nZ2dnUU7-RPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<TS_EJ.222387$np6.206948@fx46.iad>
<ksSdnVga8ZIZ4nn8nZ2dnUU7-ffNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<QC%EJ.222390$np6.159597@fx46.iad>
<Xc-dnYYyYuwPDXn8nZ2dnUU7-KnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <fO0FJ.3299$JU.2319@fx21.iad>
<AvidneJby8PVBnn8nZ2dnUU7-UPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<gs1FJ.149232$QB1.113590@fx42.iad>
<Q5OdnZFE96gLOHn8nZ2dnUU7-TPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<%72FJ.133946$Gco3.32436@fx01.iad>
<sJ-dnUEEv816LXn8nZ2dnUU7-b_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<Av2FJ.263718$1d1.93376@fx99.iad>
<bOSdnQuDCe7sKHn8nZ2dnUU7-aXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<j%2FJ.112671$zF3.8580@fx03.iad>
<6vCdnXVyTsbhR3n8nZ2dnUU7-cPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<m_4FJ.204421$Wkjc.131873@fx35.iad>
<ZYGdnS-p9Nqdf3n8nZ2dnUU7-b3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<3G5FJ.112672$zF3.102088@fx03.iad>
 by: olcott - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 04:00 UTC

On 1/16/2022 9:48 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Not the part of the chain that is CALLING it.
>>
>> You simply don't know enough computer science to understand that your
>> objection is totally irrelevant.
>>
>> embedded_H is only accountable for computing the mapping from ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩
>> to Ĥ.qy and Ĥ.qn.
>>
>> Everything else in the universe it totally irrelevant to the
>> correctness of the halt status decision of embedded_H.
>>

> No, it is accountable to compute the RIGHT answer per the
> specifications. I mentioned this previously, and you have just ignored
> this error of yours.
>
> If you aren't using the official Halting Problem Specifications then you
> are just talking about POOP.
>
> The Official Halting Problem Specifications say that H applied to input
> wM w needs to answer Halting (by going to H.Qy) for H applied to wM w if
> and only if M applied to w will Halt in some finite time and to answer
> Non-Halting (by going to H.Qn) if M applied to w will NEVER Halt.
>
> Since H^ w is designed so it will Halt if H w w goes to H.Qn and to loop
> forever if H w w goes to H.Qy, then we have that if H <H^> <H^> goes to
> H.Qn as you claim, then H^ <H^> will by construction Halt, and thus H
> failed to meet its requriements, since it said Non-Halting for a
> computation that clearly Halted.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ prerequisites ]

<h9idnbBka7jsUHj8nZ2dnUU7-cHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7755&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7755

Followup: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 14:11:28 -0600
]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<3G5FJ.112672$zF3.102088@fx03.iad> <ss2pk3$kqd$1@dont-email.me>
<k16FJ.152172$IB7.26010@fx02.iad>
<fvSdnUYg3cAXc3n8nZ2dnUU7-aPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<jm6FJ.198766$VS2.139818@fx44.iad>
<3LmdnRBKIdFhbnn8nZ2dnUU7-XfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <0I6FJ.4986$9O.23@fx12.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:11 UTC

On 1/16/2022 10:58 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> So, you don't understand that a decider needs to CORRECTLY compute
>>> the function it is deciding?
>>>
>>> Does that mean I can just make my halt decider always decide
>>> non-halting and claim it is correct? That seems the logical
>>> conclusion of your statment.
>>>
>>> FAIL.

>>> But it sort of needs to. It NEEDS to be able to report the halt
>>> status of a computation that uses a copy of itself. THAT IS THE
>>> REQUIREMENT.
>>>

>> It only reports on the halt status of its direct inputs.
>> If this input specifies an infinitely nested simulation chain
>> then the whole chain will be broken when the outermost invocation
>> is aborted.
>
> You must have something strange defined then.
>
> H's (and embedded_H's) 'direct' input is <H^> <H^> which represents the
> computation H^ applied to <H^>, which as pointed out if H <H^> <H^> says
> non-halting will Halt.
>
> Since, if H <H^> <H^> -> H.Qn, we have that H^ <H^> will Halt, and you
> have even admitted this in the past, and the correct answer for the
> input (<H^>,<H^>) must match the behavior of H^ <H^>,

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ flunks prerequisites ]

<ss539l$gt4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7756&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7756

Followup: comp.theory
From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ flunks
prerequisites ]
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 18:57:24 -0600
<Xc-dnYYyYuwPDXn8nZ2dnUU7-KnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <fO0FJ.3299$JU.2319@fx21.iad>
<AvidneJby8PVBnn8nZ2dnUU7-UPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<gs1FJ.149232$QB1.113590@fx42.iad>
<Q5OdnZFE96gLOHn8nZ2dnUU7-TPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<%72FJ.133946$Gco3.32436@fx01.iad>
<sJ-dnUEEv816LXn8nZ2dnUU7-b_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<Av2FJ.263718$1d1.93376@fx99.iad>
<bOSdnQuDCe7sKHn8nZ2dnUU7-aXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<j%2FJ.112671$zF3.8580@fx03.iad>
<6vCdnXVyTsbhR3n8nZ2dnUU7-cPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<m_4FJ.204421$Wkjc.131873@fx35.iad>
<ZYGdnS-p9Nqdf3n8nZ2dnUU7-b3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<3G5FJ.112672$zF3.102088@fx03.iad> <ss2pk3$kqd$1@dont-email.me>
<k16FJ.152172$IB7.26010@fx02.iad>
<fvSdnUYg3cAXc3n8nZ2dnUU7-aPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<jm6FJ.198766$VS2.139818@fx44.iad>
<3LmdnRBKIdFhbnn8nZ2dnUU7-XfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <0I6FJ.4986$9O.23@fx12.iad>
<h9idnbBka7jsUHj8nZ2dnUU7-cHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <ss5261$baa$1@dont-email.me>
 by: olcott - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 00:57 UTC

On 1/17/2022 6:38 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> You must have something strange defined then.
>>>
>>> H's (and embedded_H's) 'direct' input is <H^> <H^> which represents
>>> the computation H^ applied to <H^>, which as pointed out if H <H^>
>>> <H^> says non-halting will Halt.
>>>
>>> Since, if H <H^> <H^> -> H.Qn, we have that H^ <H^> will Halt, and
>>> you have even admitted this in the past, and the correct answer for
>>> the input (<H^>,<H^>) must match the behavior of H^ <H^>,
>>
>> No, not at all this is false. embedded_H is only accountable for
>> computing the mapping from ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to Ĥ.qy or Ĥ.qn based on the actual
>> behavior that its input specifies.
>
> Which is the behavior of H^ applied to <H^> if H claims to be a Halting
> Decider.
>

>> embedded_H at Ĥ.qx IS NOT DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT ITS ACTUAL SELF HALTS.
>
> Right, it is deciding if the computation specified by its input halts,
> and that is H^ applied to <H^>, which DOES halt if H <H^> <H^> -> H.Qn

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ honest dialogue ? ]

<f-ednTtQOKpQtnX8nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7758&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7758

Followup: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 09:18:21 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ honest
dialogue ? ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<brCdnd3KR56uxXr8nZ2dnUU7-enNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<EVIFJ.157163$IB7.85783@fx02.iad>
<1t6dnZY4XsdQwHr8nZ2dnUU7-VnNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<k_JFJ.362704$IW4.7373@fx48.iad>
<0KednSlmYZYB7Xr8nZ2dnUU7-LvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ICKFJ.305937$3q9.86573@fx47.iad> <ss7u26$l5v$1@dont-email.me>
<_sLFJ.50982$Q11.3435@fx33.iad>
<QIydnbbwnMbQFXr8nZ2dnUU7-RnNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<6%LFJ.228614$np6.19212@fx46.iad>
<1MadnWuryvq2Enr8nZ2dnUU7-QfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<hsMFJ.274190$qz4.241407@fx97.iad>
<dKidnT3j4sLJA3r8nZ2dnUU7-cvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <1zNFJ.5340$9O.5044@fx12.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:18 UTC

On 1/18/2022 11:44 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> And you have the wrong model of computation, so you get an F, for FAIL.
>>>
>>> Remember, we aren't asking about the behavior of an INSTANCE of the
>>> program, but the halting attribute of the program itself.
>>>

>> You have that exactly backwards.
>
> WRONG.
>
> You don't know the definitions of the field you are talking about

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V48, [ honest dialogue ? ]

<T_qdnf3z-qG2WXX8nZ2dnUU7-RHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7759&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7759

Followup: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:08:41 -0600
dialogue ? ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<f-ednTtQOKpQtnX8nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <EY1GJ.64$q96.50@fx05.iad>
<y_udnTLw7bo1MnX8nZ2dnUU7-afNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<yM2GJ.152916$QB1.143455@fx42.iad>
<gO-dnQ1uceGuInX8nZ2dnUU7-bnNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ao3GJ.293426$ya3.130786@fx38.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 02:08 UTC

On 1/19/2022 8:01 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> No, that statement is a LIE and a RED HERRING. I have never disagreed
>>> that IF the input to H specifies a sequense of configuration that
>>> will never halt that it is correct to say it is HALTING.
>>>
>>> What is NOT correct is that H can report that, because it has been
>>> shown that IF H goes to H.Qn, then the input does NOT specifiy a
>>> sequence that will never halt, because it specifies a sequence that
>>> does HALT.
>>>

>> You simply don't have the intellectual capacity to understand that
>> because a halt decider is a decider that it computes the mapping from
>> its input to an accept or reject state thus:
>>
>> SEQUENCES OF CONFIGURATIONS THAT ARE NOT ACTUAL INPUTS HAVE NO
>> RELEVANCE WHAT-SO-EVER TO THE CORRECTNESS OF THE HALT STATUS
>> DETERMINATION.
>>

> THAT is a LIE.

THIS IS SELF-EVIDENT TRUTH
If the simulated input to embedded_H never halts then embedded_H is
necessarily correct to report that it never halts.