Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 19:14:26 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Subject: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V55 [ halt deciders ]
 by: olcott - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 01:14 UTC

Because halt deciders are deciders they are only accountable for
computing the mapping their actual input finite strings to an accept or
reject state on the basis of the actual behavior specified by these
actual inputs.

It is like you put a guard on the front door that is supposed to report
anyone coming in the front door (the actual inputs). Then someone comes
in the back door (non inputs) and the guard does not report this.

Since the guard is only supposed to report people coming in the front
door (actual inputs) it is incorrect to say that the guard made a
mistake by not reporting people that came in the back door (non inputs).

Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy ∞
Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn

The copy of Linz H at Ĥ.qx (embedded_H) determines the halt status of
its input on the basis of whether or not the pure simulation of any
finite number of steps of this input can possibly ever reach a final
state of this simulated input.

When embedded_H correctly determines that its simulated input would
never reach its final state it aborts its input and transitions to Ĥ.qn.

When this causes Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ to halt that makes no difference
because the guard is only accountable for watching the front door.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/358009319_Halting_problem_undecidability_and_infinitely_nested_simulation_V3

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V55 [ halt deciders ]

<GuqdnaJFg4mIhmX8nZ2dnUU7-Q_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7796&group=comp.ai.philosophy#7796

Followup: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 11:23:31 -0600
]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,comp.ai.nat-lang,comp.software-eng
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 17:23 UTC

On 1/31/2022 11:15 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/31/2022 11:05 AM, Mr Flibble wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 20:34:25 -0500
>> Richard Damon <Richard@Damon-Family.org> wrote:

>>> And a Halt Decider, BY DEFINITION, to be correct needs to decide
>>> based on the actual behavior of computaiton the input represents,
>>> which it the equivalent of simulating the input by an ACTUAL UTM
>>> (which H isn't one if it stops simulating before the input reachs a
>>> final state).

>>> Bad Analogy, the definition of Halting defines what the 'Front Door'
>>> is.

>>> Right, and if UTM(<H^>,<H^>) halts, then that halting came through
>>> the front door unless you are lying about working on the Halting
>>> Problem.

>>> And you have yet to prove that this is ACTUALLY possible. In fact,
>>> this "ANSWER' is precisely the fallacy of assuming the conclusion.
>>> You are basically saying that you can make a Halt Decider, because if
>>> you have a Halt Decider you can decide on Halting.

>>> Again, you are assuming something you have not proved, and has been
>>> proved to be impossible in this case. This is more of your Fairy Dust
>>> Powered Unicorns.
>>>
>>> FAIL.

>>> Except that if H^ halts because the copy of H aborts it simulaton of
>>> a copy of H^, then this halting IS the 'Front Door' that the guards
>>> were responsible to detect.
>>>
>>> Apparently they were asleep on the trying to make up a story to cover.
>>>
>>> FAIL.

>>> We have gone over this many times, it is clear that you are just
>>> lying that you are working on the Halting Problem because you refuse
>>> to use the actual definitions of Halting from the problem, but try to
>>> shade it with weasle words to allow you to try to sneak in a false
>>> premise.
>>>
>>> Either that or you are just too mentally deficient to be capable of
>>> doing any real logic, and likely should be committed to keep yourself
>>> from being a danger to yourself.
>>>
>>> FAIL.
>>
>> You both need to be sectioned IMO. Give it a fucking rest.
>>
>> /Flibble
>>

> This is my lifetime legacy and the FLIPI index projects that I will die
> by next December.
>
> https://www.mdcalc.com/follicular-lymphoma-international-prognostic-index-flipi
>

> Halting problem undecidability and infinitely nested simulation (V3)
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/358009319_Halting_problem_undecidability_and_infinitely_nested_simulation_V3

Once it is understood that I am correct this opens up a whole new world
for AI research:

(A) Computation will be understood to have truly unlimited potential.

(B) Davidson's truth conditional semantics will finally be anchored in a
correct formal definition of truth, refuting the Tarski Undefinability
theorem.