From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: news.groups
Subject: Re: MODERATOR FOUND: soc.history.war.world-war-ii
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:23:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:23 UTC

I refuse to post in news.groups.proposals. Stop directing discussion
into that moderated newsgroup that does not belong there.

Usenet Big-8 Management Board <board@big-8.org> wrote:

>REPLACEMENT MODERATOR FOUND
>soc.history.war.world-war-ii

>The Big-8 Management Board is pleased to announced that Bixby has
>volunteered to moderate the newsgroup soc.history.war.world-war-ii.

>The group's previous moderator, Stephen Graham, had announced on
>2017-06-07 that group's the moderation platform had suffered a
>catastrophic failure. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away a couple years
>later.

>The new moderator has already taken over duties and the group has been
>accepting new posts since January 2024. . . .

I'm sure I've said this a few hundred times.

EVERY MODERATED NEWSGROUP NEEDS A MODERATOR REPLACEMENT PLAN. EVERY
SINGLE ONE. THE HIERARCHY ADMINISTRATORS HAVE NO BUSINESS RE-ASSIGNING
DUTIES TO A NEW MODERATOR WHO DOESN'T PRESENT A PLAN FROM THE START.

Is this a joke? The platform failed in 2017. It wasn't replaced. Then
the former moderator died.

Is there no possibility of learning this lesson from the real world
example of this very newsgroup?

A single moderator is a single point of failure. This is an unacceptable
method of moderating newsgroups. It's just going to end badly again.

Stop doing that.