From: mm+usene...@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Subject: Debian sendmailconfig abandoned?
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 10:40:00 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 08:40 UTC

Hello!

Debian based operating system ship with a software called
sendmailconfig that among other things create a SysVinit start script
of the Sendmail.conf file.

In the future, systemd will most likely stop supporting them and will
require to provide a native systemd service configuration file.

In the Debian tracker, nobody was found who can do that yet.

Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> is named in the manpage, but didn't reply
by mail for more than 5 weeks (mail didn't get bounced).
Does anybody know if he still maintains it and how to contact him?

Is anybody else here interested in changing/maintaining it?

If nobody will change it, the conclusion will most likely be that it is
going to be removed and sendmail needs to be configured without it,
like RHEL/Fedora do.

--
kind regards
Marco