From: lec...@atari.org (Francois LE COAT)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Golden ATARI
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 15:05:08 +0200
 by: Francois LE COAT - Sun, 26 Jun 2022 13:05 UTC

Hi,

ATARI is going to be fiftieth tomorrow. So I produced a clip...

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0VrjLsqc9g>

Pictures are from the official source, and music from Rob Hubbard.
It is produced with QuickTime, and encoded with `ffmpeg` on my Mac.

Keep Going =)

--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)

Re: Golden ATARI

<t9fc33$muk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=81&group=comp.sys.atari.st#81

From: lec...@atari.org (Francois LE COAT)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Re: Golden ATARI
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 19:00:19 +0200
 by: Francois LE COAT - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 17:00 UTC

Hi,

Francois LE COAT writes:
> ATARI is going to be fiftieth tomorrow. So I produced a clip...
>
>     <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0VrjLsqc9g>
>
> Pictures are from the official source, and music from Rob Hubbard.
> It is produced with QuickTime, and encoded with `ffmpeg` on my Mac.
>
> Keep Going =)

For this occasion, Nolan Bushnell is talking to Wade Rosen...

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LRh_h8Nujw> Nolan Bushnell, Wade Rosen

WR : On that what advice would you give me, in this position?
NB : Schopenhauer always talked about creative destruction and that
new innovations often destroy old dominance. And that's what you
kind of want to do, because you're not going to beat Microsoft
at their game...
WR : Right
NB : But you can beat them at a game that you own...
WR : Yeah
NB : But you know, compared to some of your predecessors, I think
you've got the right mindset.
WR : Excellent yeah.

You can also listen to the whole interview, searching at Youtube.

Regards,

--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/

Re: Golden ATARI

<tap99d$b1d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=84&group=comp.sys.atari.st#84

From: lec...@atari.org (Francois LE COAT)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 16:30:05 +0200
 by: Francois LE COAT - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 14:30 UTC

Hi,

Francois LE COAT writes:
>> ATARI is going to be fiftieth tomorrow. So I produced a clip...
>>
>>      <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0VrjLsqc9g>
>>
>> Pictures are from the official source, and music from Rob Hubbard.
>> It is produced with QuickTime, and encoded with `ffmpeg` on my Mac.
>>
>> Keep Going =)
>
> For this occasion, Nolan Bushnell is talking to Wade Rosen...
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LRh_h8Nujw> Nolan Bushnell, Wade Rosen
>
> WR : On that what advice would you give me, in this position?
> NB : Schumpeter always talked about creative destruction and that
>     new innovations often destroy old dominance. And that's what you
>     kind of want to do, because you're not going to beat Microsoft
>     at their game...
> WR : Right
> NB : But you can beat them at a game that you own...
> WR : Yeah
> NB : But you know, compared to some of your predecessors, I think
>     you've got the right mindset.
> WR : Thanks Nolan, yeah.
>
> You can also listen to the whole interview, searching at Youtube.

ATARI is fiftieth since 2022 June 27th. I produced a clip with images
and sounds, that celebrates this anniversary, with the ARAnyM miniPack:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLZULbyknN0>

The demo is using M_Player, which is an ATARI video program, like
AniPlayer which is another one. The goal of ARAnyM, the virtual machine
and the miniPack, is to run GEM/ATARI software. You can find some of
those, thanks to ATARI Search Engine, that I maintain. The oldest firm
from the video games industry is turning 50 =)

Regards,