Your code should be more efficient!

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Cyberpunk 2077

SubjectAuthor
* Cyberpunk 2077Justisaur
+* Re: Cyberpunk 2077rms
|`- Re: Cyberpunk 2077Spalls Hurgenson
`* Re: Cyberpunk 2077PW
 `* Re: Cyberpunk 2077Justisaur
  `* Re: Cyberpunk 2077Mark P. Nelson
   `- Re: Cyberpunk 2077Justisaur

1
Cyberpunk 2077

<389d5b72-683f-43a4-ab6f-4c25f09f3eben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8270&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#8270

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 12:06:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cyberpunk 2077
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 19:06 UTC

I'm still playing Cyberpunk 2077, over 200 hours now.

MODS! I stumbled across that there *are* mods for the game. I
mentioned in my post on what I was playing last month that the cars
drive poorly, well there's a mod for that! The cars feel far better
now, however the mod also made my favorite ride - a certain motorcycle
go completely out of control at high speed now. Well that's what you
get with mods, still I'd take all the other cars being drivable now
with just that one having to take it easy.

Though that's the only one I've tried so far, I was looking at some
videos of other mods, some of them to be really great. There's one that
makes it possible to fire your gun from your car, and one that makes
gang and police backup show up in cars (they just teleport in without
it.) Ones that let you control your appearance better, making overcoats
and helmets invisible.

It's looking like this is going to be a Fallout 3+ type game where you
really need mods to make the most of it at least so far. Since the
devs are seemingly adding some of the stuff that's in mods, it may not
be eventually.

Bugs & Recommendation:

I've read that they're still working on getting a DLC out at the
beginning of next year and they're working on adding some of the stuff
that shows up in mods to the base game, fixing bugs, adding new game+
etc. So while I recommended it, I think with that in mind it's best
to wait until that DLC comes out at least.

I ran into my first really annoying bug yesterday - there were some
gang members in the open world that were completely immune to damage,
they were lower level than me, so I should've been killing them easy,
but with them not able to take damage, I couldn't do anything to them
except knock them off their feet temporarily. Apparently it's a common
bug, it only affects open world mobs, not any in missions, and if you
return (much?) later they supposedly won't be invincible anymore.

Returning to a save before you meet them, restarting, etc. have no
effect.

What I'm playing now:

I tried a melee blades, but didn't care for it, I may just not have got
far enough as I didn't get the mantis blade, but it was a pain. Now am
trying a grenade build, which is really fun. You do need to do
crafting (or a lot of reloading merchants,) but you get crafting with
the tech tree where the grenade perks are, so you'll have it anyway. I
originally started with tech guns too, which can shoot through walls,
but slowly, since they're also on the tech tree, but they were so slow,
it didn't really feel like what I was after, and switched to power guns
- those have ricochet where you can shoot walls floors, ceilings and
while zoomed you can see what direction they're going to ricochet to if
you have the perk and cyber implant to do so. There's other upgrades
that increase the damage of ricochets and possible angles, and they'll
auto lock on to enemies within those angles. Power weapons also do the
most damage to begin with. So after a bit this starts getting pretty
good where you can just shoot the pavement in front of mobs and they
get hit and take massive damage.

Role Playing SPOILERS!
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

Now on to the spoilers for the role playing... or is it story? Your
choices can affect things in the epilog and what's available to do, but
it's not always obvious, and most of the dialog choices don't really do
anything.

I played the other start now as well, the Streetkid, and that one makes
the least sense for connecting you to the rest of the plot, my latest
is back to Nomad, and even though female I feel like it's more
connected - especially to Jackie. Jackie, that was the first bit that
really got me, when he dies and at his funeral (what RPG has a
funeral?!) I was getting pretty dusty. Then the whole dead ghost in
your mind incident blew me away, I knew a little bit of it prior to
going in, but man, it was something else. Once you get to the
Aldacados in the main story, that really grabbed me to, the romance
with Panam was something special. She being a nomad had a lot more
connection to the character as a Nomad. That and playing a male, as
you can't romance her as a female.

I remember being able to romance in mass effect, but really that was
more Captain Kirk just charming some alien for one night stands type
stuff, and didn't have any impact.

- Justisaur

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

<td1798$1udat$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8272&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#8272

From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Cyberpunk 2077
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 15:17:26 -0600
 by: rms - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 21:17 UTC

>I've read that they're still working on getting a DLC out at the
>beginning of next year and they're working on adding some of the stuff
>that shows up in mods to the base game, fixing bugs, adding new game+
>etc. So while I recommended it, I think with that in mind it's best
>to wait until that DLC comes out at least.

Nice! If russia hasn't nuked us by then I'll play this for sure.
Started Last Of Us last week.

rms

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

<b4a8fh17cjjkb80g1r9rpd07urh20e73oj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8274&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#8274

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 17:59:04 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 21:59 UTC

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 15:17:26 -0600, "rms"
<rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:

>>I've read that they're still working on getting a DLC out at the
>>beginning of next year and they're working on adding some of the stuff
>>that shows up in mods to the base game, fixing bugs, adding new game+
>>etc. So while I recommended it, I think with that in mind it's best
>>to wait until that DLC comes out at least.

> Nice! If russia hasn't nuked us by then I'll play this for sure.
Wait, are we getting nuked? How long do we have? What level of
sunscreen should I use to protect myself?

And wait.. who's getting nuked? Is it just America? 'Cause that's okay
then. Well, it's not /okay/ but it's better than some of the
alternatives ;-)

Can't we just /not/ get nuked? I'd prefer that option. I have a lot of
video games to get through still...

>Started Last Of Us last week.

Which version? Original? Remake?

Either way, it's a terrific game, assuming you enjoy the genre. Well
paced, surprisingly beautiful (even the original version from 2013
holds up pretty well), with some good variety in levels and gameplay.
It has one of the smoothest difficulty curves too, although that may
be because that curve doesn't stretch up too far (it's not a hard
game).

I was less fond of the sequel, although not for any plot or
character-related reasons. Rather, it lacked the excellent pacing of
the first and didn't really deliver anything new. Well, not as far as
I played (I got about halfway through before I just got tired of the
thing).

But the first? One of the finest examples of its genre made. It was
Naughty Dog - the developers - at their best.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

<5j19fh1fkmno7pa4lp1eefl8rjvnu7b597@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8280&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#8280

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 22:33:57 -0600
 by: PW - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 04:33 UTC

I finally started it a couple nights ago, but not for long. I picked
the first area. The desert or whatever it was called. I didn't know
there were 3 to choose from. I thought it was all city from the pics
that I have seen of it.

-pw

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

<bd4088b3-3414-4e53-93ab-444ae6fcaf25n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8281&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#8281

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 07:41:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:41 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 9:34:01 PM UTC-7, PW wrote:
> I finally started it a couple nights ago, but not for long. I picked
> the first area. The desert or whatever it was called. I didn't know
> there were 3 to choose from. I thought it was all city from the pics
> that I have seen of it.

That's the Nomad start, the best start in my opinion. Weird for a
Cyberpunk game, but there you go.

- Justisaur

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

<XnsAEF06A5B27D2Bmpndisorg@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8284&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#8284

From: markpnel...@sbcglobal.net (Mark P. Nelson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 17:27:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark P. Nelson - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 17:27 UTC

Justisaur <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote in news:bd4088b3-3414-4e53-93ab-
444ae6fcaf25n@googlegroups.com:

> On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 9:34:01 PM UTC-7, PW wrote:
>> I finally started it a couple nights ago, but not for long. I picked
>> the first area. The desert or whatever it was called. I didn't know
>> there were 3 to choose from. I thought it was all city from the pics
>> that I have seen of it.
>
> That's the Nomad start, the best start in my opinion. Weird for a
> Cyberpunk game, but there you go.
>
> - Justisaur

I've played through 2.5 times and used the nomad start each time. How are the
others?

Mark.

--
Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos -- the only sysadmins that matter

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

<d632f28b-985f-483b-8b05-3e6c7d923c53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8297&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#8297

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 06:50:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 13:50 UTC

On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 10:27:20 AM UTC-7, Mark P. Nelson wrote:
> Justisaur <just...@gmail.com> wrote in news:bd4088b3-3414-4e53-93ab-
> 444ae6...@googlegroups.com:
> > On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 9:34:01 PM UTC-7, PW wrote:
> >> I finally started it a couple nights ago, but not for long. I picked
> >> the first area. The desert or whatever it was called. I didn't know
> >> there were 3 to choose from. I thought it was all city from the pics
> >> that I have seen of it.
> >
> > That's the Nomad start, the best start in my opinion. Weird for a
> > Cyberpunk game, but there you go.
> >
> > - Justisaur
> >
> I've played through 2.5 times and used the nomad start each time. How are the
> others?
>
> Mark.

SPOILERS
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

The Corpo one's o.k. it just starts you off as a corpo and gives you a slice
of life of one who's carrying out orders that're evil, or at least cutthroat.
The intro to Jackie is a bit short who you're already friends with, and he
saves your butt, so in a way you've got more connection with him, just with
the evil start it feels more like you're just using him, and sets the tone you
don't have any real feelings for anyone. I suppose it does give you a reason
to get revenge on the Corps that have the whole culture, but as V says
You can take the rat out of the corpo, but not the corpo out of the rat, feels
like you're more likely to try to join in

The Streetkid, it just doesn't make any sense, Jackie tries to jack you
and gets both you and him arrested, beat up, and you're supposed
to be friends with him?

- Justisaur