From: rem...@not-for-mail.invalid (rmd)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Ping victor
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 13:59:42 -0500
 by: rmd - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:59 UTC

I would suggest that you cut your turn around time down to at the
most 30 minutes. There are already 5 other remailers with long turn
around times. I think that we don't really need more than 2 long
remailers.

Re: Ping victor

<aIuwI.5938$ea3.995@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8292&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#8292

Subject: Re: Ping victor
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:35:17 -0400
 by: SEC3 - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:35 UTC

On 2021-06-10 2:59 p.m., rmd wrote:
> I would suggest that you cut your turn around time down to at the
> most 30 minutes

How do you propose that Victor do that?

Victor is a middle remailer. It receives a ping message from a pinger,
sends it to a random remailer which then sends it back to the pinger.
Victor therefore has very little control over his latency since he
cannot control which remailer he is handing off to.

And Yamn, unlike Mixmaster, does not have a dest.alw file where middle
remailers can "cheat" the process by doing direct delivery to all pinger
addresses.

.. There are already 5 other remailers with long turn
> around times. I think that we don't really need more than 2 long
> remailers.

I doubt Victor or any other Yamn remailer is deliberately trying to be a
slow remailer. The Yamn network is what it is. Tiny in size. Low traffic
moving through it. But still surprisingly functional.

--
SEC3

Re: Ping victor

<s9tvdt$9ue$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8293&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#8293

From: inf...@verebent.art (Gabx)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 23:14:44 +0200
 by: Gabx - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:14 UTC

On 6/10/21 10:35 PM, SEC3 wrote:
> On 2021-06-10 2:59 p.m., rmd wrote:
>> I would suggest that you cut your turn around time down to at the
>> most 30 minutes

I was just wondering how to respond to such a directive.

> . There are already 5 other remailers with long turn
>> around times. I think that we don't really need more than 2 long
>> remailers.

WE ?

> I doubt Victor or any other Yamn remailer is deliberately trying to be a
> slow remailer. The Yamn network is what it is. Tiny in size. Low traffic
> moving through it. But still surprisingly functional.

thanks for the flawless response. I couldn't have said it better.

> SEC3

Regards

Gabx

--
victor yamn@virebent.art fab8a2488205c463bd80ec5c468242b2 4:0.2c M
2021-05-17 2021-05-31

-----Begin Mix Key-----
fab8a2488205c463bd80ec5c468242b2
c8d0d1e178e81cf14a6ae5b0dafc438d9c8cd1fb183209a5d7a3c367284f8d74
-----End Mix Key-----

Re: Ping victor

<d6c343bea9e28df0a8250b9624112ec6@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8300&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#8300

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <abuse@remailer.paranoici.org>.
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 16:30:38 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:30 UTC

In article <s9tnet$ck1$1@news.mixmin.net>
"rmd" <remedy@not-for-mail.invalid> wrote:

> I would suggest that you cut your turn around time down to at the
> most 30 minutes. There are already 5 other remailers with long turn
> around times. I think that we don't really need more than 2 long
> remailers.

The 5 remailers you refer to with long delays are the middle
remailers.
This has to do with Yamn not allowing middles to delivery directly
to pinger addresses. So they must add an extra hop when returning
pings.
The resulting latency will naturally be longer. 1-2 hours. It's not
the remops who are choosing long delays. It's just the way Yamn
works.
Yamn is not Mixmaster. Also, latency is good for anonymity.