From: wad...@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Fixed Mail App Not Deleting Gmails
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 11:19:30 -0400
 by: Wade Garrett - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 15:19 UTC

Emails received on one of the IMAP Gmail accounts on my iMac's email app
kept coming back to all devices after being deleted from the Mac. If I
deleted them via another device's mail app-- or on the Gmail server,
they stayed gone.

I tried the usual chicken dances on my iMac and on the Gmail server
account settings with no joy.

What fixed it was deleting the account off the iMac...then reinstalling
it. Working fine now.

I have no idea what the problem was-- but it's gone now...

--
I don’t mind a reasonable amount of trouble.
- Humphrey Bogart