From: janbu...@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Todays idiocracy in computer science
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 16:47:30 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 15:47 UTC

Hi,

I am still in state of shock, since I somehow believe that
a very renowned programming language implementor didn't know
how type theory relates to logic.

So I made this joke:

> Why didn’t he have the self consciousness to avoid the accident?
>
> I guess he lacks the Y combinator gene.

Bye

BTW: The Y combinator has no simple type, because the form
(x x), i.e. x applied to x itself, has no simple type.

Or this joke a fragment generated by gemini: