From: as...@sci.fi (Anssi Saari)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: What Have You Been Playing... IN AUGUST 2022?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 23:37:54 +0300
sha1:fPgjmZIedLwpdO8AWytp8ZlEKqk=
 by: Anssi Saari - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 20:37 UTC

ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) writes:

> No post yet? I will start it! I finished Black Mesa last week. Sheesh,
> Xen is still wacky like its Interloper! Fun and pretty overall though.
> I starterd Skyrim. Controls and usability are wack IMO.
>
> OK, your turn. ;)

All right, I got started on a couple of new (to me) games.

Dex, a recent freebie on GoG but I think I've bought it from an earlier
GoG sale. A 2D cyberpunk action adventure. Or side scrolling
jump'n'shoot. Except I've played a while and all I have in my arsenal is
a weak punch. Annoying trope, some enemies have chains and crowbars but
those magically disappear when I beat them so I can't even pick those
up. But, I expect I'll get a gun eventually. And maybe the story gets
started too, for now I'm feeling kinda Arthur Dent.

Chorus, this was mentioned by RPS recently. RPS gushed something along
the lines of "What's cooler than skillfully maneuvering your space
fighter into the enemies six before turning them into space dust? Why,
using your space witch powers to *teleport* your space fighter there of
course." Downside is, there's a bit of a slow start to it and I haven't
gotten to the teleporting part just yet. So far it's been a by the
numbers space shooter.

Re: What Have You Been Playing... IN AUGUST 2022?

<7p84hh9napcmnetec51t1mtkjruipa1ou7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8584&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#8584

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 11:39:55 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 15:39 UTC

On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 23:37:54 +0300, Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> wrote:

>Chorus, this was mentioned by RPS recently. RPS gushed something along
>the lines of "What's cooler than skillfully maneuvering your space
>fighter into the enemies six before turning them into space dust? Why,
>using your space witch powers to *teleport* your space fighter there of
>course." Downside is, there's a bit of a slow start to it and I haven't
>gotten to the teleporting part just yet. So far it's been a by the
>numbers space shooter.

That reminds me of "Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter", which I think had a
similar power (amongst others. It's been a while - it's a PS2 game -
so my memories of its mechanics are quite fuzzy). It didn't really
make for a better game since those powers were essentially "auto-win"
buttons that the developers then had to counteract by throwing more
and more enemies at you.

Dunno if "Chorus" is the same but it's a delicate line to walk. You
seem to be having fun so hopefully "Chorus" does a better job with it.