From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
Subject: Re: On recursion and infinite recursion (reprise)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 18:48:02 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 3 May 2022 23:48 UTC

On 5/3/2022 6:05 PM, Python wrote:
> Peter Olcott wrote:

>>> You should definitely call a doctor and ask for help, your mental
>>> state is utterly ill. What the f* are complex numbers related to
>>> your rants on politics?

>>> Not quite you're wrong. The intent was to find *real* roots of degree 3
>>> polynomials even if square root of negative quantities appears at
>>> intermediary steps.
>>>

>> None-the-less as I just said this whole think relies on accepting a
>> known false premise.
>
> Let me guess, you are some kind of "information engineer" and consider
> yourself also as "one of the greatest logicians Humanity ever had",
> right? There is a demented guy of this kind on sci.physics.relativity,
> his name is Maciej Wozniak. You guys should definitely mate (NOT).

I consider myself to have made significant unique advancements on the
single subject on the philosophical foundation of the notion of logical
truth.

One of my key breakthroughs is redefining the analytic / synthetic
distinction such that analytic means (the same as it did) any expression
of formal or natural language that can be verified as true entirely on
the basis of its meaning. "Dogs are animals"

The somewhat vaguely defined synthetic is renamed as empirical and it is
the same sort of thing as analytic that additionally requires sense data
from the sense organs as an aspect of the truth verification process.
"There is a dog in my living room right now."

This is the most important paper on the subject
Two Dogmas of Empiricism by Willard Van Orman Quine
(Harvard University Press, 1953; second, revised, edition 1961)
https://www.theologie.uzh.ch/dam/jcr:ffffffff-fbd6-1538-0000-000070cf64bc/Quine51.pdf

Quine didn't seem to understand that bachelors are necessarily unmarried.

Meaning Postulates by RUDOLF CARNAP
https://liarparadox.org/Meaning_Postulates_Rudolf_Carnap_1952.pdf
conclusively proved the complete basis of how we know that bachelors are
necessarily unmarried. Quine didn't want to hear this because it
contradicted his paper.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: On recursion and infinite recursion (reprise)