Subject: Re: Next move [ truth itself is broken ]
From: olcott
Newsgroups: comp.theory, comp.ai.philosophy, sci.logic
Followup: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 03:20 UTC
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 22:20:47 -0500
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
View all headers
On 5/8/2022 9:28 PM, Python wrote:
Peter Olcott wrote:
On 5/8/2022 6:03 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
On Sat, 7 May 2022 23:38:07 +0100
Mr Flibble <flibble@reddwarf.jmc> wrote:

What's the next move? We have established [Turing, 1936] as elaborated
by [Strachey, 1965] is a nonsense so we now need a general algorithm
to establish if a program and its inputs halt.

First up: functional requirements.

/Flibble
Seriously embarrassing. Mr Flibble is very cross. :D

/Flibble

When the correct simulation of the input to H(P,P) specifies infinite recursion then P never reaches the contradictory part and H can correctly recognize this infinite behavior pattern and reject this input.

The first three pages of this paper examine this concretely as actually executed in the x86utm operating system:

Peter, you should consider seriously what's just happened with Mr
Flibble.

This is a very unusual, hence deserving to be pointed out, situation :
someone  (Mr Flibble) wrong on Usenet (or Internet for that matters...)
admitted after only a few weeks of posting nonsense that he was actually
wrong.

After all these years of crankery, could you exhibit the the same
integrity?

My biggest mistake that cost me credibility was that I was not
using the conventional terms of the art in their conventional way.

Now I am using subtle nuances the conventional terms of the art that are too subtle for anyone besides one computer science professor that I have spoken with.

I have never been wrong in the essence of what I have been saying.

The reason that I keep going on Gödel(1931), Tarski(1936), Turing(1936) is because if these things are correct then truth itself is broken.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

  Arthur Schopenhauer