From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Gravity question
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 18:40:04 -0000
 by: Jim S - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 18:40 UTC

In Gravity newsreader. I am set up to 'see' unread headers. If I
accidentally mark a header as 'read' or ignored, it disappears as I
expect.
However if I ignore by mistake, how do I get it back?
In dialog I can 'unread' the whole group.

--
Jim S

Re: Gravity question

<MPG.3c9e8871e0fba30598fede@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=880&group=news.software.readers#880

From: the_stan...@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Re: Gravity question
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 13:16:23 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 20:16 UTC

On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 18:40:04 -0000, Jim S wrote:

> In Gravity newsreader. I am set up to 'see' unread headers. If I
> accidentally mark a header as 'read' or ignored, it disappears as I
> expect.
> However if I ignore by mistake, how do I get it back?
> In dialog I can 'unread' the whole group.

I set up a filter called "Ignored articles" to do exactly that. to
create it, click the Filters button, and you'll need to hit the
Advanced button within that dialog too. What you're aiming for is
either a simple "In an ignored thread" or that with a date filter,
such as

In an ignored thread
And
Not
Posted > 3 days ago

I do the latter, so I only unignore articles that have been posted
fairly recently.

Another approach would be to filter "All articles" instead of "Unread
articles" after making the mistake, then click on the thread you
mistakenly ignored and press I (ignore), which is a toggle and
therefore will unignore the thread. It won't unread the articles that
the original I command marked as read, but you can highlight them and
unread them with Ctrl+U. But IMHO it's faster to set up a specific
filter for Ignored articles.

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...

Re: Gravity question

<dn2w34206exd$.1cgg2d52wsl6t$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=882&group=news.software.readers#882

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 14:18:17 +0000
 by: Jim S - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 14:18 UTC

On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 13:16:23 -0700, Stan Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 18:40:04 -0000, Jim S wrote:
>>
>> In Gravity newsreader. I am set up to 'see' unread headers. If I
>> accidentally mark a header as 'read' or ignored, it disappears as I
>> expect.
>> However if I ignore by mistake, how do I get it back?
>> In dialog I can 'unread' the whole group.
>
> I set up a filter called "Ignored articles" to do exactly that. to
> create it, click the Filters button, and you'll need to hit the
> Advanced button within that dialog too. What you're aiming for is
> either a simple "In an ignored thread" or that with a date filter,
> such as
>
> In an ignored thread
> And
> Not
> Posted > 3 days ago
>
> I do the latter, so I only unignore articles that have been posted
> fairly recently.
>

> Another approach would be to filter "All articles" instead of "Unread
> articles" after making the mistake, then click on the thread you
> mistakenly ignored and press I (ignore), which is a toggle and
> therefore will unignore the thread. It won't unread the articles that
> the original I command marked as read, but you can highlight them and
> unread them with Ctrl+U. But IMHO it's faster to set up a specific
> filter for Ignored articles.

Thanks. I thought I had set up your first filter with mark 'unread' as the
action. It didn't work. was that wrong as it didn't work?
--
Jim S

Re: Gravity question

<MPG.3c9fe551b136404e98fee1@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=883&group=news.software.readers#883

From: the_stan...@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 14:04:49 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 21:04 UTC

On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 14:18:17 +0000, Jim S wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 13:16:23 -0700, Stan Brown wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 18:40:04 -0000, Jim S wrote:
> >>
> >> In Gravity newsreader. I am set up to 'see' unread headers. If I
> >> accidentally mark a header as 'read' or ignored, it disappears
> >> as I expect. However if I ignore by mistake, how do I get it
> >> back?
> >
> > I set up a filter called "Ignored articles" to do exactly that. to
> > create it, click the Filters button, and you'll need to hit the
> > Advanced button within that dialog too. What you're aiming for is
> > either a simple "In an ignored thread" or that with a date filter,
> > such as
> >
> > In an ignored thread
> > And
> > Not
> > Posted > 3 days ago
> >
> > I do the latter, so I only unignore articles that have been posted
> > fairly recently.
> Thanks. I thought I had set up your first filter with mark 'unread' as the
> action. It didn't work. was that wrong as it didn't work?

I set up a filter, not a rule. There is no action involved.

If you're doing a rule, with the above condition, then I can't see
any reason why an action of "Mark unread" should not work. Maybe you
need to refresh the display of that newsgroup?