Neutrinos are into physicists.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: Mac OS idiocy

SubjectAuthor
* Mac OS idiocyThomas E.
`* Re: Mac OS idiocyAlan
 `* Re: Mac OS idiocyThomas E.
  `* Re: Mac OS idiocyAlan
   `* Re: Mac OS idiocyThomas E.
    `- Re: Mac OS idiocyAlan

1
Mac OS idiocy

<290e856d-353d-422f-b555-fef1e998fa65n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8775&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#8775

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 17:54:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Mac OS idiocy
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 01:54 UTC

So I'm trying to increase the mouse pointer size. I open Preferences and look under the Mouse, Trackpad and Display categories. No Joy.

WHERE IS IT?

Unlike BakerBoy and his recent MS Word rant I actually tried to explore for an answer. That worked.

Googled "Mac pointer size". Found the setting buried under Accessibility/Display. Not like I can't see the darned thing, just wanted to make it a little bigger. Sort of makes since there, but why not under Mouse or Trackpad????

Re: Mac OS idiocy

<smhtih$9gd$7@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8776&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#8776

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Mac OS idiocy
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 18:01:53 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 02:01 UTC

On 2021-11-10 5:54 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> So I'm trying to increase the mouse pointer size. I open Preferences and look under the Mouse, Trackpad and Display categories. No Joy.
>
> WHERE IS IT?

There's a search box in the System Preferences window at the top right.

What do you think it might be there for, idiot?

> Unlike BakerBoy and his recent MS Word rant I actually tried to explore for an answer. That worked.
>
> Googled "Mac pointer size". Found the setting buried under Accessibility/Display. Not like I can't see the darned thing, just wanted to make it a little bigger. Sort of makes since there, but why not under Mouse or Trackpad????

Making a choice you don't agree with isn't idiocy, idiot...

....and is different from choosing to label a command as something it
does not do.

Re: Mac OS idiocy

<75ae5c60-be00-415c-91b9-a572771724d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8783&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#8783

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 20:12:37 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 04:12 UTC

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 9:01:55 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2021-11-10 5:54 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> > So I'm trying to increase the mouse pointer size. I open Preferences and look under the Mouse, Trackpad and Display categories. No Joy.
> >
> > WHERE IS IT?
> There's a search box in the System Preferences window at the top right.
>
> What do you think it might be there for, idiot?
> >
> > Unlike BakerBoy and his recent MS Word rant I actually tried to explore for an answer. That worked.
> >
> > Googled "Mac pointer size". Found the setting buried under Accessibility/Display. Not like I can't see the darned thing, just wanted to make it a little bigger. Sort of makes since there, but why not under Mouse or Trackpad????
> >
> Making a choice you don't agree with isn't idiocy, idiot...
>
> ...and is different from choosing to label a command as something it
> does not do.

I seem to recall you as critical of Microsoft's placement of mouse settings...LOL

Re: Mac OS idiocy

<smibc8$513$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8788&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#8788

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 21:57:28 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 05:57 UTC

On 2021-11-10 8:12 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 9:01:55 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
>> On 2021-11-10 5:54 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
>>> So I'm trying to increase the mouse pointer size. I open Preferences and look under the Mouse, Trackpad and Display categories. No Joy.
>>>
>>> WHERE IS IT?
>> There's a search box in the System Preferences window at the top right.
>>
>> What do you think it might be there for, idiot?
>>>
>>> Unlike BakerBoy and his recent MS Word rant I actually tried to explore for an answer. That worked.
>>>
>>> Googled "Mac pointer size". Found the setting buried under Accessibility/Display. Not like I can't see the darned thing, just wanted to make it a little bigger. Sort of makes since there, but why not under Mouse or Trackpad????
>>>
>> Making a choice you don't agree with isn't idiocy, idiot...
>>
>> ...and is different from choosing to label a command as something it
>> does not do.
>
> I seem to recall you as critical of Microsoft's placement of mouse settings...LOL

No, actually, Idiot.

What I was critical of was that the settings for the mouse were
scattered through two locations: Settings, Control Panel. Two separate
pieces of software which duplicated some functionality but not other parts.

And you don't seem to acknowledge that you might simply have tried using
the prominent search feature built in to the System Preference user
interface to find the setting you wanted, Idiot.

Re: Mac OS idiocy

<8c185728-b3ae-4c3a-80ac-45776f8cf784n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8809&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#8809

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 13:51:40 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 21:51 UTC

On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 12:57:31 AM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2021-11-10 8:12 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:

> >> There's a search box in the System Preferences window at the top right.
> >>
> >> What do you think it might be there for, idiot?

> >> Making a choice you don't agree with isn't idiocy, idiot...
> >>
> >> ...and is different from choosing to label a command as something it
> >> does not do.
> >
> > I seem to recall you as critical of Microsoft's placement of mouse settings...LOL
> >
> No, actually, Idiot.
>
> What I was critical of was that the settings for the mouse were
> scattered through two locations: Settings, Control Panel. Two separate
> pieces of software which duplicated some functionality but not other parts.
>
> And you don't seem to acknowledge that you might simply have tried using
> the prominent search feature built in to the System Preference user
> interface to find the setting you wanted, Idiot.

I did. It suggested 4, yes 4, possible places.

Re: Mac OS idiocy

<smmogs$mal$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8814&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#8814

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:06:20 -0800
 by: Alan - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 22:06 UTC

On 2021-11-12 1:51 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 12:57:31 AM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

>>> I seem to recall you as critical of Microsoft's placement of mouse settings...LOL
>>>
>> No, actually, Idiot.
>>
>> What I was critical of was that the settings for the mouse were
>> scattered through two locations: Settings, Control Panel. Two separate
>> pieces of software which duplicated some functionality but not other parts.
>>
>> And you don't seem to acknowledge that you might simply have tried using
>> the prominent search feature built in to the System Preference user
>> interface to find the setting you wanted, Idiot.
>
> I did. It suggested 4, yes 4, possible places.

<sigh>

Idiot, Idiot.

Type "pointer" into the search box:

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PZE34mvTqYLoXzxU9NN1X9aMvHxej01m/view?usp=sharing>

Note the suggestions that pop up below the box:

"Head Pointer
Alternate Pointer Actions
Shake mouse pointer to locate
Cursor size..."

Wait! What? "Cursor size"???

What do you suppose that might mean, Idiot?

Let's click on it and see what happens!

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SDddU7lzgHLTCd8S-x7eE0AWuAPbR7EB/view?usp=sharing>

Why? Look at that, Idiot!

It took you precisely where you said you wanted to go.

So you claim you "did" try it...

....but apparently ignored what it presented.

That's precisely why you've got yourself a new name, Idiot.