From: denods...@gmail.com (Denodster)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.vintage
Subject: Online Spaceward Ho Game?
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 14:31:07 -0400
 by: Denodster - Sun, 7 Nov 2021 18:31 UTC

Some friends of mine and I have been playing Spaceward Ho 4.0.5 online
quite a bit lately. Ive established a server serving up an emulated
version of afp over ip via the Netatalk package. That is compatible with
7.6.1 as long as you update file sharing to support afp and your mac is
connected to the internet.

I would be interested in hosting a larger game some time, say 10 people on
a Saturday. I've seen Spaceward Ho mentioned here, so I wanted to ask if
any spaceward ho players would be interested in joining?

Re: Online Spaceward Ho Game?

<sohuce$k5a$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=79&group=comp.sys.mac.vintage#79

From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (Oregonian Haruspex)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.vintage
Subject: Re: Online Spaceward Ho Game?
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:48:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:mzFHaoUtWxYg3e6b2tOizNhWuN0=
 by: Oregonian Haruspex - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:48 UTC

Denodster <denodster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some friends of mine and I have been playing Spaceward Ho 4.0.5 online
> quite a bit lately. Ive established a server serving up an emulated
> version of afp over ip via the Netatalk package. That is compatible with
> 7.6.1 as long as you update file sharing to support afp and your mac is
> connected to the internet.
>
> I would be interested in hosting a larger game some time, say 10 people on
> a Saturday. I've seen Spaceward Ho mentioned here, so I wanted to ask if
> any spaceward ho players would be interested in joining?

That sounds awesome but let’s shoot for maybe the spring!

Re: Online Spaceward Ho Game?

<denodster-1709220033220001@192.168.1.200>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=89&group=comp.sys.mac.vintage#89

From: denods...@gmail.com (Denodster)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.vintage
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 00:33:22 -0500
 by: Denodster - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 05:33 UTC

In article <sohuce$k5a$1@dont-email.me>, Oregonian Haruspex
<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Denodster <denodster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some friends of mine and I have been playing Spaceward Ho 4.0.5 online
> > quite a bit lately. Ive established a server serving up an emulated
> > version of afp over ip via the Netatalk package. That is compatible with
> > 7.6.1 as long as you update file sharing to support afp and your mac is
> > connected to the internet.
> >
> > I would be interested in hosting a larger game some time, say 10 people on
> > a Saturday. I've seen Spaceward Ho mentioned here, so I wanted to ask if
> > any spaceward ho players would be interested in joining?
> >

> That sounds awesome but let’s shoot for maybe the spring!

Aww shoot, I got caught up in life and didn't see this. I'm trying to move
right now, so maybe I can get organized and try to start this back up
after I get moved.

Re: Online Spaceward Ho Game?

<thlt1c$384qf$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=90&group=comp.sys.mac.vintage#90

From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (Oregonian Haruspex)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.vintage
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:36:28 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:drIaakpK3QNZ6x4PGiVWHTcGuLI=
 by: Oregonian Haruspex - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:36 UTC

Denodster <denodster@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <sohuce$k5a$1@dont-email.me>, Oregonian Haruspex
> <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Denodster <denodster@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Some friends of mine and I have been playing Spaceward Ho 4.0.5 online
>>> quite a bit lately. Ive established a server serving up an emulated
>>> version of afp over ip via the Netatalk package. That is compatible with
>>> 7.6.1 as long as you update file sharing to support afp and your mac is
>>> connected to the internet.
>>>
>>> I would be interested in hosting a larger game some time, say 10 people on
>>> a Saturday. I've seen Spaceward Ho mentioned here, so I wanted to ask if
>>> any spaceward ho players would be interested in joining?
>>>

>> That sounds awesome but let’s shoot for maybe the spring!
>
> Aww shoot, I got caught up in life and didn't see this. I'm trying to move
> right now, so maybe I can get organized and try to start this back up
> after I get moved.

That’d be awesome.

Re: Online Spaceward Ho Game?

<denodster-1712230327370001@192.168.1.200>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=149&group=comp.sys.mac.vintage#149

From: denods...@gmail.com (Denodster)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.vintage
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 03:27:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Denodster - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 03:27 UTC

In article <thlt1c$384qf$1@dont-email.me>, Oregonian Haruspex
<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Denodster <denodster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In article <sohuce$k5a$1@dont-email.me>, Oregonian Haruspex
> > <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> >> That sounds awesome but let’s shoot for maybe the spring!
> >
> > Aww shoot, I got caught up in life and didn't see this. I'm trying to move
> > right now, so maybe I can get organized and try to start this back up
> > after I get moved.
> >

> That’d be awesome.

I'm back in action and unpacked the mac!
Now who's still up for the game?

I'm thinking I'll set up an afp server and post a date/time and url here.
If you connect at that date/time there will be a game file. Open it with
Spaceward Ho 4.0.5 and you're in. Any suggestions for a date?