Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 09:46:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Question for Olcott [ technical competence ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Tue, 24 May 2022 14:46 UTC

On 5/24/2022 4:13 AM, Malcolm McLean wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 May 2022 at 09:40:19 UTC+1, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
>> olcott <No...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>> Believability has the word [lie] embedded directly within itself.
>>> Instead of the fake measure of credibility one must employ actual
>>> validation.
>> You evaded the actual question. It is overwhelmingly more likely that
>> Olcott is incorrect.
>>
> It is, but it's a bad argument from Mr Flibble.
>
> If someone thinks that the general consensus of informed opinion is
> wrong, there will inevitably be a stage where theirs is the only voice
> in favour of the revision.

> However whilst the consensus of informed opinion can be wrong, it
> can also be right. And generally corrections don't come romantically
> from the outsider in his bedroom, but from highly qualified people
> within the system.

All of the recent discussions are simply disagreement with an easily
verifiable fact. Any smart software engineer with a sufficient technical
background can easily confirm that H(P,P)==0 is correct:

Where H is a C function that correctly emulates its input pair of finite
strings of the x86 machine code of function P and criterion for
returning 0 is that the correctly simulated P would never reach its
"ret" instruction.

In this case all of my reviewers are simply disagreeing with an easily
verifiable fact thus conclusively proving their lack of technical
competence.

> But that doesn't mean that it's inevitable that the lone man, with few
> formal qualifications, in his bedroom, is wrong. You neeed to look at
> what he has to say, and take it on its own terms.

Yes the only honest voice of all of my reviewers.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer