"Our vision is to speed up time, eventually eliminating it." -- Alex Schure

computers / comp.sys.mac.apps / Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

SubjectAuthor
* a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Tim Lance
`* Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Jolly Roger
 `* Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Tim Lance
  `* Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Jolly Roger
   `* Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Tim Lance
    +- Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Tim Lance
    `* Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Jolly Roger
     `* Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Tim Lance
      `* Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Jolly Roger
       `* Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Tim Lance
        `* Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Jolly Roger
         `- Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?Tim Lance

1
a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<o_QUK.105675$elEa.86124@fx09.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=894&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#894

From: not...@here.org (Tim Lance)
Subject: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 21:14:44 -0500
 by: Tim Lance - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 02:14 UTC

iTunes had a filter field in the upper right. In Music you can make it appear
by hitting option-command-F or go to menubar>View>Show Filter Field. But once
you quit Music the next time you start it you must invoke the field again.

I am not referring to the visible “Search” on the left, at the top of the
sidebar. Using this search you also search all of Apple music. I only want my
own library. Even the iOS app lets you toggle with one click.

The only thing I can think to make it permanent, since there is not a
Preferences option, is a default writes command if such exists. Anyone knows
if there is one?

Thanks for any consideration.

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<joici5Fbqh6U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=895&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#895

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: 16 Sep 2022 04:32:05 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 04:32 UTC

On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance <not@here.org> wrote:

> iTunes had a filter field in the upper right. In Music you can make it
> appear by hitting option-command-F or go to menubar>View>Show Filter
> Field. But once you quit Music the next time you start it you must
> invoke the field again.
>
> I am not referring to the visible “Search” on the left, at the top of
> the sidebar. Using this search you also search all of Apple music. I
> only want my own library. Even the iOS app lets you toggle with one
> click.
>
> The only thing I can think to make it permanent, since there is not a
> Preferences option, is a default writes command if such exists. Anyone
> knows if there is one?
>
> Thanks for any consideration.

You can do this by running an AppleScript application at login that
waits for the Music app to launch and then clicks the "Show Filter
Field" menu command.

Your AppleScript app would utilize the "on idle" handler to periodically
get a list of running apps, and then when "Music" appears in the list,
click the menu with: tell app "System Events" to tell application
process "Music" to click menu item "Show Filter Field" of menu "View" of
menu bar item "View" of menu bar 1

JR

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<_JVUK.287647$wLZ8.256471@fx18.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=896&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#896

From: not...@here.org (Tim Lance)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 02:38:33 -0500
 by: Tim Lance - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 07:38 UTC

On Sep 15, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
(in article <joici5Fbqh6U1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
> >
> > iTunes had a filter field in the upper right. In Music you can make it
> > appear by hitting option-command-F or go to menubar>View>Show Filter
> > Field. But once you quit Music the next time you start it you must
> > invoke the field again.
> >
> > I am not referring to the visible “Search” on the left, at the top of
> > the sidebar. Using this search you also search all of Apple music. I
> > only want my own library. Even the iOS app lets you toggle with one
> > click.
> >
> > The only thing I can think to make it permanent, since there is not a
> > Preferences option, is a default writes command if such exists. Anyone
> > knows if there is one?
> >
> > Thanks for any consideration.
>
> You can do this by running an AppleScript application at login that
> waits for the Music app to launch and then clicks the "Show Filter
> Field" menu command.
>
> Your AppleScript app would utilize the "on idle" handler to periodically
> get a list of running apps, and then when "Music" appears in the list,
> click the menu with: tell app "System Events" to tell application
> process "Music" to click menu item "Show Filter Field" of menu "View" of
> menu bar item "View" of menu bar 1

Aw, nuts! Thanks much, JR. But after 10 minutes of my feeble scripting skills
(i.e.none) I gave up. More, it dawned on me that even though having it always
be there would be optimal, and “right”, hitting a simple keystroke just
isn’t so hard.

Pisses me off at Apple and still *wish* it was like in the old days. So I’m
thinking my original post was whining/venting and I appreciate your not
giving me grief for it.

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<jok3kmFkhs0U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=897&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#897

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: 16 Sep 2022 20:12:06 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:12 UTC

On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance <not@here.org> wrote:
> On Sep 15, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> (in article <joici5Fbqh6U1@mid.individual.net>):
>> On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > iTunes had a filter field in the upper right. In Music you can make
>> > it appear by hitting option-command-F or go to menubar>View>Show
>> > Filter Field. But once you quit Music the next time you start it
>> > you must invoke the field again.
>> >
>> > I am not referring to the visible “Search” on the left, at the top
>> > of the sidebar. Using this search you also search all of Apple
>> > music. I only want my own library. Even the iOS app lets you toggle
>> > with one click.
>> >
>> > The only thing I can think to make it permanent, since there is not
>> > a Preferences option, is a default writes command if such exists.
>> > Anyone knows if there is one?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any consideration.
>>
>> You can do this by running an AppleScript application at login that
>> waits for the Music app to launch and then clicks the "Show Filter
>> Field" menu command.
>>
>> Your AppleScript app would utilize the "on idle" handler to
>> periodically get a list of running apps, and then when "Music"
>> appears in the list, click the menu with: tell app "System Events" to
>> tell application process "Music" to click menu item "Show Filter
>> Field" of menu "View" of menu bar item "View" of menu bar 1
>
> Aw, nuts! Thanks much, JR. But after 10 minutes of my feeble scripting
> skills (i.e.none) I gave up. More, it dawned on me that even though
> having it always be there would be optimal, and “right”, hitting a
> simple keystroke just isn’t so hard.

I could probably whip something up, but I too have to wonder if it's
worth the time.

For me, I typically go straight to the "Songs" view and drill down to
the artist and album I want from there in the column browser. I wouldn't
filter regularly enough for this to matter much to me.

> Pisses me off at Apple and still *wish* it was like in the old days.
> So I’m thinking my original post was whining/venting and I appreciate
> your not giving me grief for it.

To be fair, there are metric tons of legitimate complaints about various
features of iTunes & Music where the UI falls flat on its face and could
definitely be improved. : )

JR

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<0B6VK.432714$iiS8.71820@fx17.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=898&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#898

From: not...@here.org (Tim Lance)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 17:16:28 -0500
 by: Tim Lance - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 22:16 UTC

On Sep 16, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
(in article <jok3kmFkhs0U1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
> > On Sep 15, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> > (in article <joici5Fbqh6U1@mid.individual.net>):

> > > You can do this by running an AppleScript application at login that
> > > waits for the Music app to launch and then clicks the "Show Filter
> > > Field" menu command.
> > >
> > > Your AppleScript app would utilize the "on idle" handler to
> > > periodically get a list of running apps, and then when "Music"
> > > appears in the list, click the menu with: tell app "System Events" to
> > > tell application process "Music" to click menu item "Show Filter
> > > Field" of menu "View" of menu bar item "View" of menu bar 1
> >
> > Aw, nuts! Thanks much, JR. But after 10 minutes of my feeble scripting
> > skills (i.e.none) I gave up. More, it dawned on me that even though
> > having it always be there would be optimal, and “right”, hitting a
> > simple keystroke just isn’t so hard.
>
> I could probably whip something up, but I too have to wonder if it's
> worth the time.

Thanks, but not not worth it. It’s like when you say something out loud and
at some point realize it was stupid or ill advised.

> For me, I typically go straight to the "Songs" view and drill down to
> the artist and album I want from there in the column browser. I wouldn't
> filter regularly enough for this to matter much to me.

That’s often my method, too. But I have 1900+ artists so there’s quite a
bit of scrolling.

> > Pisses me off at Apple and still *wish* it was like in the old days.
> > So I’m thinking my original post was whining/venting and I appreciate
> > your not giving me grief for it.
>
> To be fair, there are metric tons of legitimate complaints about various
> features of iTunes & Music where the UI falls flat on its face and could
> definitely be improved. : )

Absolutely. FYI the beta version of Decibel v2 is getting extremely mature.

Again, thanks, JR.

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<897VK.377682$6Il8.48249@fx14.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=899&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#899

From: not...@here.org (Tim Lance)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 17:55:00 -0500
 by: Tim Lance - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 22:55 UTC

On Sep 16, 2022, Tim Lance wrote
(in article <0B6VK.432714$iiS8.71820@fx17.iad>):

> On Sep 16, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> (in article <jok3kmFkhs0U1@mid.individual.net>):
>
> > On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
> > > On Sep 15, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> > > (in article <joici5Fbqh6U1@mid.individual.net>):

> > > Aw, nuts! Thanks much, JR. But after 10 minutes of my feeble scripting
> > > skills (i.e.none) I gave up. More, it dawned on me that even though
> > > having it always be there would be optimal, and “right”, hitting a
> > > simple keystroke just isn’t so hard.
> >
> > I could probably whip something up, but I too have to wonder if it's
> > worth the time.
>
> Thanks, but not not worth it. It’s like when you say something out loud and
> at some point realize it was stupid or ill advised.
> >
> > For me, I typically go straight to the "Songs" view and drill down to
> > the artist and album I want from there in the column browser. I wouldn't
> > filter regularly enough for this to matter much to me.
>
> That’s often my method, too. But I have 1900+ artists so there’s quite a
> bit of scrolling.
> >

> > > Pisses me off at Apple and still *wish* it was like in the old days.
> > > So I’m thinking my original post was whining/venting and I appreciate
> > > your not giving me grief for it.
> >
> > To be fair, there are metric tons of legitimate complaints about various
> > features of iTunes & Music where the UI falls flat on its face and could
> > definitely be improved. : )
>
> Absolutely. FYI the beta version of Decibel v2 is getting extremely mature.
>
> Again, thanks, JR.
>
> —

Not that my ears are golden! (re: Decibel)

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<jom3t0Fu0a1U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=900&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#900

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: 17 Sep 2022 14:28:48 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 14:28 UTC

On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance <not@here.org> wrote:
> On Sep 16, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> (in article <jok3kmFkhs0U1@mid.individual.net>):
>> On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Aw, nuts! Thanks much, JR. But after 10 minutes of my feeble
>> > scripting skills (i.e.none) I gave up. More, it dawned on me that
>> > even though having it always be there would be optimal, and
>> > “right”, hitting a simple keystroke just isn’t so hard.
>>
>> I could probably whip something up, but I too have to wonder if it's
>> worth the time.
>
> Thanks, but not not worth it. It’s like when you say something out
> loud and at some point realize it was stupid or ill advised.
>>
>> For me, I typically go straight to the "Songs" view and drill down to
>> the artist and album I want from there in the column browser. I
>> wouldn't filter regularly enough for this to matter much to me.
>
> That’s often my method, too. But I have 1900+ artists so there’s quite
> a bit of scrolling.

Wow, that dwarfs my 247 artists. : ) One thing that helps is selecting
the "All (247) Artists" item at the top of the artist list, then typing
a few letters of the artist I'm looking for to select it. Have you tried
that?

>> > Pisses me off at Apple and still *wish* it was like in the old
>> > days. So I’m thinking my original post was whining/venting and I
>> > appreciate your not giving me grief for it.
>>
>> To be fair, there are metric tons of legitimate complaints about
>> various features of iTunes & Music where the UI falls flat on its
>> face and could definitely be improved. : )
>
> Absolutely. FYI the beta version of Decibel v2 is getting extremely
> mature.

This is the first I've heard of it, so I'll check it out. Thanks!

JR

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<XxlVK.441996$Ny99.379919@fx16.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=901&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#901

From: not...@here.org (Tim Lance)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 10:17:11 -0500
 by: Tim Lance - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 15:17 UTC

On Sep 17, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
(in article <jom3t0Fu0a1U1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
> > On Sep 16, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> > (in article <jok3kmFkhs0U1@mid.individual.net>):

> > > I could probably whip something up, but I too have to wonder if it's
> > > worth the time.
> >
> > Thanks, but not not worth it. It’s like when you say something out
> > loud and at some point realize it was stupid or ill advised.
> > >
> > > For me, I typically go straight to the "Songs" view and drill down to
> > > the artist and album I want from there in the column browser. I
> > > wouldn't filter regularly enough for this to matter much to me.
> >
> > That’s often my method, too. But I have 1900+ artists so there’s quite
> > a bit of scrolling.
>
> Wow, that dwarfs my 247 artists. : ) One thing that helps is selecting
> the "All (247) Artists" item at the top of the artist list, then typing
> a few letters of the artist I'm looking for to select it. Have you tried
> that?

Daaammnnnn. Never thought of that and I use hitting a first letter all the
time in Finder.
Been using Macs since day one. ShakingMyDamnHead.

> > > To be fair, there are metric tons of legitimate complaints about
> > > various features of iTunes & Music where the UI falls flat on its
> > > face and could definitely be improved. : )
> >
> > Absolutely. FYI the beta version of Decibel v2 is getting extremely
> > mature.
>
> This is the first I've heard of it, so I'll check it out. Thanks!

Its raison d’etre is “audiophile” folks. I just like it better than
Music and other free players. Not sure if it’s worth the $$. I seem to
recall that beta testers get it freebie. The current v1 is $30.

for v2 beta signup:

https://discourse.feisty-dog.com

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<jomtrdF3do5U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=902&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#902

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: 17 Sep 2022 21:51:41 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 21:51 UTC

On 2022-09-17, Tim Lance <not@here.org> wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> (in article <jom3t0Fu0a1U1@mid.individual.net>):
>> On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
>>
>> Wow, that dwarfs my 247 artists. : ) One thing that helps is
>> selecting the "All (247) Artists" item at the top of the artist list,
>> then typing a few letters of the artist I'm looking for to select it.
>> Have you tried that?
>
> Daaammnnnn. Never thought of that and I use hitting a first letter all
> the time in Finder. Been using Macs since day one. ShakingMyDamnHead.

I hate when that happens! : ) At least you know now. Better than
nothing.

>>> Absolutely. FYI the beta version of Decibel v2 is getting extremely
>>> mature.
>>
>> This is the first I've heard of it, so I'll check it out. Thanks!
>
> Its raison d’etre is “audiophile” folks. I just like it better than
> Music and other free players. Not sure if it’s worth the $$. I seem to
> recall that beta testers get it freebie. The current v1 is $30.
>
> for v2 beta signup:
>
> https://discourse.feisty-dog.com

I couldn't tell from a quick glance, but maybe you know: is it able to
use your Apple library, or do you basically need to copy your music into
its own library. In other words, if I wanted to try it out, would I
essentially double the size of my music storage while using both Music
and Decibel?

JR

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<M0vVK.110373$elEa.70201@fx09.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=903&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#903

From: not...@here.org (Tim Lance)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 21:04:28 -0500
 by: Tim Lance - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 02:04 UTC

On Sep 17, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
(in article <jomtrdF3do5U1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 2022-09-17, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
> > On Sep 17, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> > (in article <jom3t0Fu0a1U1@mid.individual.net>):
> > > On 2022-09-16, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Wow, that dwarfs my 247 artists. : ) One thing that helps is
> > > selecting the "All (247) Artists" item at the top of the artist list,
> > > then typing a few letters of the artist I'm looking for to select it.
> > > Have you tried that?
> >
> > Daaammnnnn. Never thought of that and I use hitting a first letter all
> > the time in Finder. Been using Macs since day one. ShakingMyDamnHead.
>
> I hate when that happens! : ) At least you know now. Better than
> nothing.

> > > This is the first I've heard of it, so I'll check it out. Thanks!
> >
> > Its raison d’etre is “audiophile” folks. I just like it better than
> > Music and other free players. Not sure if it’s worth the $$. I seem to
> > recall that beta testers get it freebie. The current v1 is $30.
> >
> > for v2 beta signup:
> >
> > https://discourse.feisty-dog.com
>
> I couldn't tell from a quick glance, but maybe you know: is it able to
> use your Apple library, or do you basically need to copy your music into
> its own library. In other words, if I wanted to try it out, would I
> essentially double the size of my music storage while using both Music
> and Decibel?

Library is a sqlite database. You add files to Decibel and their location and
metadata is collected - no actual files.

I am in the process of ripping my CD collection and some LPs. My files are on
an external drive, organized how I want it, not how Music wants
(Preferences>Files - nothing checked, just the location noted). When I add
files to Music I eventually add to Decibel.

Decibel has a watch (termed “sync”) folder function. I tried using it but
with the size I have it was not workable. Developer is working on improving
it. As is, when I added to my music folder, it would take hours for the
process to register the addition. So I’ve reverted to “manually” adding
to Decibel’s library. Developer said today he plans to have it improved in
the next update. No ETA but he’s been very active lately.

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<jooqdvFca78U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=904&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#904

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: 18 Sep 2022 15:05:35 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 15:05 UTC

On 2022-09-18, Tim Lance <not@here.org> wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> (in article <jomtrdF3do5U1@mid.individual.net>):
>
>> On 2022-09-17, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
>> > On Sep 17, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
>> > (in article <jom3t0Fu0a1U1@mid.individual.net>):

>> > Daaammnnnn. Never thought of that and I use hitting a first letter all
>> > the time in Finder. Been using Macs since day one. ShakingMyDamnHead.
>>
>> I hate when that happens! : ) At least you know now. Better than
>> nothing.

>> > Its raison d’etre is “audiophile” folks. I just like it better than
>> > Music and other free players. Not sure if it’s worth the $$. I seem to
>> > recall that beta testers get it freebie. The current v1 is $30.
>> >
>> > for v2 beta signup:
>> >
>> > https://discourse.feisty-dog.com
>>
>> I couldn't tell from a quick glance, but maybe you know: is it able to
>> use your Apple library, or do you basically need to copy your music into
>> its own library. In other words, if I wanted to try it out, would I
>> essentially double the size of my music storage while using both Music
>> and Decibel?
>
> Library is a sqlite database. You add files to Decibel and their location and
> metadata is collected - no actual files.
>
> I am in the process of ripping my CD collection and some LPs. My files are on
> an external drive, organized how I want it, not how Music wants
> (Preferences>Files - nothing checked, just the location noted). When I add
> files to Music I eventually add to Decibel.
>
> Decibel has a watch (termed “sync”) folder function. I tried using it but
> with the size I have it was not workable. Developer is working on improving
> it. As is, when I added to my music folder, it would take hours for the
> process to register the addition. So I’ve reverted to “manually” adding
> to Decibel’s library. Developer said today he plans to have it improved in
> the next update. No ETA but he’s been very active lately.

Cool, that should make trying it out painless. Thanks!

JR

Re: a "default writes" for filter function in Music.app?

<9EGVK.89347$tRy7.67199@fx36.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=905&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#905

From: not...@here.org (Tim Lance)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 10:17:24 -0500
 by: Tim Lance - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 15:17 UTC

On Sep 18, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
(in article <jooqdvFca78U1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 2022-09-18, Tim Lance<not@here.org> wrote:
> > On Sep 17, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> > (in article <jomtrdF3do5U1@mid.individual.net>):

> > > I hate when that happens! : ) At least you know now. Better than
> > > nothing.

> > > I couldn't tell from a quick glance, but maybe you know: is it able to
> > > use your Apple library, or do you basically need to copy your music into
> > > its own library. In other words, if I wanted to try it out, would I
> > > essentially double the size of my music storage while using both Music
> > > and Decibel?
> >
> > Library is a sqlite database. You add files to Decibel and their location
> > and
> > metadata is collected - no actual files.
> >
> > I am in the process of ripping my CD collection and some LPs. My files are
> > on
> > an external drive, organized how I want it, not how Music wants
> > (Preferences>Files - nothing checked, just the location noted). When I add
> > files to Music I eventually add to Decibel.
> >
> > Decibel has a watch (termed “sync”) folder function. I tried using it
> > but
> > with the size I have it was not workable. Developer is working on improving
> > it. As is, when I added to my music folder, it would take hours for the
> > process to register the addition. So I’ve reverted to “manually”
> > adding
> > to Decibel’s library. Developer said today he plans to have it improved in
> > the next update. No ETA but he’s been very active lately.
>
> Cool, that should make trying it out painless. Thanks!

HAha. You, who have done so much (This was not the first time you’ve helped
me over the years.) and have been such a voice of reason, are very welcome.