To be is to program.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

SubjectAuthor
* It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 andSteven de Mena
`* Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14-hh
 +* Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14Alan
 |`* Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14Thomas E.
 | `* Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14Alan
 |  `- Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14Michael Glasser
 `* Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14Smit
  `* Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14Alan
   +- Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14pothead
   `- Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14Gremlin the Functionally Illiterate Fraud

1
It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<5fbf52c9-a9cd-41cc-bfd1-98ff280ad2b0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9170&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9170

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:18:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and
16-Inch MacBook Pros"
From: ste...@demena.com (Steven de Mena)
 by: Steven de Mena - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 05:18 UTC

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/12/06/macbook-pro-sd-card-issue/

Monday December 6, 2021 2:02 pm PST by Juli Clover
The SD card reader slot on the new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models is not functioning as expected with some SD cards, according to multiple reports on the MacRumors forums.

2021 MBP SD Card Error Feature
In a long complaint thread, MacRumors readers have detailed the issues that they're having with some SD cards, and there seems to be little consistency between reports and affected SD cards. Some SD cards crash and can't be accessed, while some have unusually slow transfer speeds. MacRumors reader Wildct explains the issue:

Same issues with 14" M1 Pro. Just seems to be super flakey and inconsistent.. Half the time it'll recognize the card successfully (though it takes anywhere from 30s to 1m) and half the time it'll throw an error. These are all Sandisk Ultra cards, both XC and HC, that were formatted in my camera. I tried reformatting them w/ the MBP and that didn't seem to make a difference. All my cards work as expected in my 3 other USB card readers.

In some situations, there's just an error message when attempting to use the SD card, sometimes Finder crashes, and sometimes the SD card takes many minutes to be accesible. From MacRumors reader 2Stepfan:

It's very frustrating. I was hoping that import from SD card including preview of images would be quick on my new 14" MBP. I have a fairly new 64GB SD card which had been working fine. But Photos on the MBP using the internal SD card slot takes minutes to show photos and sometimes crashes half way through. Sometimes the Finder crashes too.

Based on the thread, formatting does not appear to be the issue, though it could be a factor. There also does not seem to be a common thread between which cards work and which do not, but multiple users have reported that using an SD card reader over USB-C works when the SD card slot does not. From MacRumors reader wilberforce:

I tried many cards, and could find no pattern of brand, size, type, format, age. Seems to be completely random. The only thing that is consistent is that if a card works, it always works, and if a card does not work properly it never works properly. Reformatting, even to all other possible formats, makes no difference. Sandisk, Sony, Samsung, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, UHS-I, UHS-II, micro-SD, FAT32, exFAT, makes no difference. 100% of my cards work perfectly via a dongle.

Some readers who have contacted Apple have been told that the company is aware of the issue and that a fix is coming in a future software update, but it is not clear if this is a hardware issue or a software issue. Some users who had problems replaced their MacBook Pro and did not continue to have issues, so it's not known exactly what might be going on.

Many of the reports are about older SD cards and there may be a particular issue with some 128GB cards, but for the most part, complaints are all over the place in terms of SD card brand, speed, and capacity.

One user reported that the macOS Monterey 12.1 beta had fixed the issue, but another person on Reddit said that the most recent beta did not address it, so we also don't know if macOS Monterey 12.1 might have a fix.

Those affected who are unable to use their SD cards with the SD card slot can access their cards by using an SD card reader dongle, which is not an ideal solution but at least provides a way to get SD card content onto an M1 Pro or M1 Max Mac.

Related Roundup: 14 & 16" MacBook Pro
Buyer's Guide: 14" & 16" MacBook Pro (Buy Now)
Related Forum: MacBook Pro

Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<b97a105c-83fe-4c91-b4bd-f6d9a4b52b39n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9171&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9171

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 03:23:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14
and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"
From: recscuba...@huntzinger.com (-hh)
 by: -hh - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 11:23 UTC

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:18:22 AM UTC-5, Steven de Mena wrote:

Hey Steve! Been a long time.

> https://www.macrumors.com/2021/12/06/macbook-pro-sd-card-issue/
>
> Monday December 6, 2021 2:02 pm PST by Juli Clover
> The SD card reader slot on the new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models is not functioning as
> expected with some SD cards, according to multiple reports on the MacRumors forums.

Argh; that's not a great sign.

> Those affected who are unable to use their SD cards with the SD card slot can access their
> cards by using an SD card reader dongle, which is not an ideal solution but at least provides
> a way to get SD card content onto an M1 Pro or M1 Max Mac.

Which seems to kind of imply that the problem may be rooted in how Apple is provisioning
that particular port versus the others.

-hh

Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<soo0o4$enu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9174&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9174

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 08:05:24 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 16:05 UTC

On 2021-12-07 3:23 a.m., -hh wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:18:22 AM UTC-5, Steven de Mena wrote:
>
> Hey Steve! Been a long time.
>

>> https://www.macrumors.com/2021/12/06/macbook-pro-sd-card-issue/
>>
>> Monday December 6, 2021 2:02 pm PST by Juli Clover
>> The SD card reader slot on the new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models is not functioning as
>> expected with some SD cards, according to multiple reports on the MacRumors forums.
>
> Argh; that's not a great sign.
>
>> Those affected who are unable to use their SD cards with the SD card slot can access their
>> cards by using an SD card reader dongle, which is not an ideal solution but at least provides
>> a way to get SD card content onto an M1 Pro or M1 Max Mac.
>
> Which seems to kind of imply that the problem may be rooted in how Apple is provisioning
> that particular port versus the others.

This is precisely why I don't rush to buy new tech.

Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<f6392c21-e226-4a27-8cdc-2fa33944e605n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9230&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9230

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 09:06:08 -0800 (PST)
and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 17:06 UTC

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 11:05:27 AM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2021-12-07 3:23 a.m., -hh wrote:
> > On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:18:22 AM UTC-5, Steven de Mena wrote:
> >
> > Hey Steve! Been a long time.
> >

> >> https://www.macrumors.com/2021/12/06/macbook-pro-sd-card-issue/
> >>
> >> Monday December 6, 2021 2:02 pm PST by Juli Clover
> >> The SD card reader slot on the new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models is not functioning as
> >> expected with some SD cards, according to multiple reports on the MacRumors forums.
> >
> > Argh; that's not a great sign.
> >
> >> Those affected who are unable to use their SD cards with the SD card slot can access their
> >> cards by using an SD card reader dongle, which is not an ideal solution but at least provides
> >> a way to get SD card content onto an M1 Pro or M1 Max Mac.
> >
> > Which seems to kind of imply that the problem may be rooted in how Apple is provisioning
> > that particular port versus the others.
> This is precisely why I don't rush to buy new tech.

Good choice. I did and look what happened.

Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<sp2nmi$44c$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9232&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9232

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 09:38:26 -0800
 by: Alan - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 17:38 UTC

On 2021-12-11 9:06 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 11:05:27 AM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
>> On 2021-12-07 3:23 a.m., -hh wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:18:22 AM UTC-5, Steven de Mena wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Steve! Been a long time.

>>> Argh; that's not a great sign.

>>> Which seems to kind of imply that the problem may be rooted in how Apple is provisioning
>>> that particular port versus the others.
>> This is precisely why I don't rush to buy new tech.
>
> Good choice. I did and look what happened.

Yes.

It's quite obvious you're an idiot about technology.

Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<fcd070ab-f40d-4477-83d2-411544180b4en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9234&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9234

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 11:59:15 -0800 (PST)
and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (Smit)
 by: Smit - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 19:59 UTC

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 4:23:35 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:18:22 AM UTC-5, Steven de Mena wrote:
>
> Hey Steve! Been a long time.
> > https://www.macrumors.com/2021/12/06/macbook-pro-sd-card-issue/
> >
> > Monday December 6, 2021 2:02 pm PST by Juli Clover
> > The SD card reader slot on the new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models is not functioning as
> > expected with some SD cards, according to multiple reports on the MacRumors forums.
> Argh; that's not a great sign.
> > Those affected who are unable to use their SD cards with the SD card slot can access their
> > cards by using an SD card reader dongle, which is not an ideal solution but at least provides
> > a way to get SD card content onto an M1 Pro or M1 Max Mac.
> Which seems to kind of imply that the problem may be rooted in how Apple is provisioning
> that particular port versus the others.
>

> -hh

HWSNBN claims:

* You have two degrees, both in CS and you did not know IT was different.
* You have two degrees, both in IT.
* You have two degrees, one in IT and one in CS.
* You blame me for you confusing IT with IS though you offer no evidence.
* Your project your confusion and dishonesty onto me.

All trivial to show:

HWSNBN <XnsAB593FA1DFBDHT1@MjEwUG.BDMbgpk>:
-----
Well, I have two Masters myself, but they are in CS I
wasn't aware CS and I.T were/are seperate entities now.
-----

HWSNBN <XnsAC703AA7A6220HT1@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
-----
Unlike yourself snit, I hold two honorary masters in IT
-----
HWSNBN <XnsAC703AA7A6220HT1@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
-----
We discussed at length previously his masters in IS, and
mine in IT and the differences between them. He was quite
adamant that he had a masters in IS, *not* IT as is mine.
-----
HWSNBN <XnsAC75C8B08FCD2HT1@dcFn0WjC2iFiA86fj2h.35Y>:
-----
One is in CS, the other is in IT.
-----

HWSNBN <XnsAC703AA7A6220HT1@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
-----
I'd also like to know how Snit could be so confused
concerning which degree he has.
-----
Other than you being a functionally illiterate fraud, how do you explain
any of that?

--
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You
https://www.bing.com/search?q=%22narcissistic%20bigot%22

Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<sp30kc$bjv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9235&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9235

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 12:10:52 -0800
 by: Alan - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 20:10 UTC

On 2021-12-11 11:59 a.m., Smit wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 4:23:35 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
>> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:18:22 AM UTC-5, Steven de Mena wrote:
>>
>> Hey Steve! Been a long time.
>>> https://www.macrumors.com/2021/12/06/macbook-pro-sd-card-issue/
>>>
>>> Monday December 6, 2021 2:02 pm PST by Juli Clover
>>> The SD card reader slot on the new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models is not functioning as
>>> expected with some SD cards, according to multiple reports on the MacRumors forums.
>> Argh; that's not a great sign.
>>> Those affected who are unable to use their SD cards with the SD card slot can access their
>>> cards by using an SD card reader dongle, which is not an ideal solution but at least provides
>>> a way to get SD card content onto an M1 Pro or M1 Max Mac.
>> Which seems to kind of imply that the problem may be rooted in how Apple is provisioning
>> that particular port versus the others.
>>

>> -hh
>

> HWSNBN claims:
>
> * You have two degrees, both in CS and you did not know IT was different.
> * You have two degrees, both in IT.
> * You have two degrees, one in IT and one in CS.
> * You blame me for you confusing IT with IS though you offer no evidence.
> * Your project your confusion and dishonesty onto me.
>
> All trivial to show:
>
> HWSNBN <XnsAB593FA1DFBDHT1@MjEwUG.BDMbgpk>:
> -----
> Well, I have two Masters myself, but they are in CS I
> wasn't aware CS and I.T were/are seperate entities now.
> -----
>
> HWSNBN <XnsAC703AA7A6220HT1@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
> -----
> Unlike yourself snit, I hold two honorary masters in IT
> -----
>
> HWSNBN <XnsAC703AA7A6220HT1@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
> -----
> We discussed at length previously his masters in IS, and
> mine in IT and the differences between them. He was quite
> adamant that he had a masters in IS, *not* IT as is mine.
> -----
>
> HWSNBN <XnsAC75C8B08FCD2HT1@dcFn0WjC2iFiA86fj2h.35Y>:
> -----
> One is in CS, the other is in IT.
> -----
>
> HWSNBN <XnsAC703AA7A6220HT1@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
> -----
> I'd also like to know how Snit could be so confused
> concerning which degree he has.
> -----
>
> Other than you being a functionally illiterate fraud, how do you explain
> any of that?

Go away, Snit.

Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<sp318u$pi5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9237&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9237

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 20:21:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 20:21 UTC

On 2021-12-11, Alan <nope@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2021-12-11 11:59 a.m., Smit wrote:
>> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 4:23:35 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:18:22 AM UTC-5, Steven de Mena wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Steve! Been a long time.

>>> Argh; that's not a great sign.
>>> Which seems to kind of imply that the problem may be rooted in how Apple is provisioning
>>> that particular port versus the others.
>>>

>>> -hh
>>

>> HWSNBN claims:
>>
>> * You have two degrees, both in CS and you did not know IT was different.
>> * You have two degrees, both in IT.
>> * You have two degrees, one in IT and one in CS.
>> * You blame me for you confusing IT with IS though you offer no evidence.
>> * Your project your confusion and dishonesty onto me.
>>
>> All trivial to show:
>>
>> HWSNBN <XnsAB593FA1DFBDHT1@MjEwUG.BDMbgpk>:
>> -----
>> Well, I have two Masters myself, but they are in CS I
>> wasn't aware CS and I.T were/are seperate entities now.
>> -----
>>
>> HWSNBN <XnsAC703AA7A6220HT1@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
>> -----
>> Unlike yourself snit, I hold two honorary masters in IT
>> -----
>>
>> HWSNBN <XnsAC703AA7A6220HT1@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
>> -----
>> We discussed at length previously his masters in IS, and
>> mine in IT and the differences between them. He was quite
>> adamant that he had a masters in IS, *not* IT as is mine.
>> -----
>>
>> HWSNBN <XnsAC75C8B08FCD2HT1@dcFn0WjC2iFiA86fj2h.35Y>:
>> -----
>> One is in CS, the other is in IT.
>> -----
>>
>> HWSNBN <XnsAC703AA7A6220HT1@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
>> -----
>> I'd also like to know how Snit could be so confused
>> concerning which degree he has.
>> -----
>>
>> Other than you being a functionally illiterate fraud, how do you explain
>> any of that?
>>

> Go away, Snit.

I figured COVID would have wasted snit's wheezy, fragile,
sickly body by now.
Oh well.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024

Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<1f1dfb53-895b-4cbb-aa01-39708838af95n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9240&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9240

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 14:38:34 -0800 (PST)
and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (Michael Glasser)
 by: Michael Glasser - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 22:38 UTC

On Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 10:38:28 AM UTC-7, Alan wrote:
> On 2021-12-11 9:06 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:

> >> This is precisely why I don't rush to buy new tech.
> >
> > Good choice. I did and look what happened.
> Yes.
>
> It's quite obvious you're an idiot about technology.

Why do you think RonB is trying to protect F. Russell? Even he sees through
the crap. He can't comment on any of the stuff I quote because he sees
it's proved. Sooner or later, if you bother to pay attention... you would
see that F. Russell's tactic is to 'unemotionally' incite people and then
play 'dupe'. It was F. Russell who was openly asking how better to camouflage
his nonsense.

I have a number of reasons for believing the flooder is F. Russell, who
is a Automator user but I don't know if it could be used to automate this.

His dream is to see RonB irritated by having me get blamed for his actions.
And hey, that could happen.

--
"You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about
him. He clearly wants the attention"

Re: It just works "Some SD Cards Not Working Properly With 2021 14 and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"

<4bfbef7f-ad38-4dce-924a-28f3214800b2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9241&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9241

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 15:43:09 -0800 (PST)
and 16-Inch MacBook Pros"
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (Gremlin the Functionally Illiterate Fraud)
 by: Gremlin the Function - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 23:43 UTC

On Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 1:10:58 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:
> On 2021-12-11 11:59 a.m., Smit wrote:
> > On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 4:23:35 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
> >> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:18:22 AM UTC-5, Steven de Mena wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey Steve! Been a long time.

> >> Argh; that's not a great sign.
> >> Which seems to kind of imply that the problem may be rooted in how Apple is provisioning
> >> that particular port versus the others.
> >>

> >> -hh
> >

> > HWSNBN claims:
> >
> > * You have two degrees, both in CS and you did not know IT was different.
> > * You have two degrees, both in IT.
> > * You have two degrees, one in IT and one in CS.
> > * You blame me for you confusing IT with IS though you offer no evidence.
> > * Your project your confusion and dishonesty onto me.
> >
> > All trivial to show:
> >
> > HWSNBN <XnsAB593F...@MjEwUG.BDMbgpk>:
> > -----
> > Well, I have two Masters myself, but they are in CS I
> > wasn't aware CS and I.T were/are seperate entities now.
> > -----
> >
> > HWSNBN <XnsAC703A...@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
> > -----
> > Unlike yourself snit, I hold two honorary masters in IT
> > -----
> >
> > HWSNBN <XnsAC703A...@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
> > -----
> > We discussed at length previously his masters in IS, and
> > mine in IT and the differences between them. He was quite
> > adamant that he had a masters in IS, *not* IT as is mine.
> > -----
> >
> > HWSNBN <XnsAC75C8...@dcFn0WjC2iFiA86fj2h.35Y>:
> > -----
> > One is in CS, the other is in IT.
> > -----
> >
> > HWSNBN <XnsAC703A...@tkRp4lHo04W6T4lOY83W.tuvxq31.7>:
> > -----
> > I'd also like to know how Snit could be so confused
> > concerning which degree he has.
> > -----
> >
> > Other than you being a functionally illiterate fraud, how do you explain
> > any of that?
> >
> Go away, Snit.

At times, fancy is more valuable than truth. After the latest update I
no longer can get work done on Linux. Like anyone can! Commander Kinsey
and the advocates imply asking for a price comparison for a Linux application
is instigating. Can you get less dishonest?

The (423) 491-1448 number belongs to Gremlin. Use that number when you
seed search engines with Steve Carroll the Narcissistic Bigot's confirmed
lies about him.

-
Curious how these posts are made? www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZNxaaKD7-c