From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: X670E AORUS XTREME little thing in corner ? Looked like a fan but
it's not ?
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 02:51:23 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 06:51 UTC

On 10/1/2022 11:29 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> On Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 3:50:37 AM UTC+2, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> That manual was misleading.
>>
>> Here is a better picture:
>>
>> https://tweakers.net/i/81SDoa3RhKKjifsSuYX4z53Lb-k=/i/2005336282.png
>>
>> Look at the top of the picture, left corner, LEFT CORNER.
>>
>> What is that ? Is that a little FAN to cool that display ?! WTF ?!
>
> Oh never mind lol, it took me a while to recgonize it, it's a screw hole ! LOL.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

That's a PTH (Plated Thru Hole). The screw head for the standoff,
is designed to touch the solder on the pad, and that makes the chassis
at ground potential.

*******

The I/O plate area on that one, has a Clear CMOS button. It should
only be pressed, when the PC is unplugged and allowed 60 seconds
to drain.

If you press the Clear CMOS while the PC is running, there could
be damage to the dual-diode near the PCH pair. This is not a
PC motherboard for butter-fingers. Most of the time, my advice is
"don't press that!" :-)

Paul