From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Free Games:"Saturnalia" and "WH40K: Mechanicus"
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 11:01:03 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 15:01 UTC

It's Thursday, so you know what that means... more free games from
Epic. Wait, these games /are/ from Epic, right? Yeah? Okay, just
making sure. You never can tell anymore.

This week we get:

Saturnalia
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/saturnalia

A "third person multi-character roguelike horror adventure". That's
what it says on the tin. You get four characters and a procedurally
generated maze in which you need to solve puzzles and explore the
darkness with an ever decreasing supply of matches. I mean, I guess it
might be an okay game; it doesn't actually sound much fun to me,
though. It's an Epic exclusive, which means no user reviews, so who
knows if it's any good.

Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/warhammer-mechanicus-0e4b71
It's Warhammer 40K meets XCom, except minus the beefy space marines
(in this game, you take the role of the Adeptus Mechanicus, who are
normally the space marine's armigers. Since when did they get sent to
the front line?). The game's biggest draw - besides the Warhammer 40K
franchise - is that you can upgrade your tech-priests with various
augments but otherwise it's a fairly standard turn-based
tactical-combat strategy game. Honestly, not the greatest of games but
not the worst either; if you like the genre (or the license) it's
probably worth a look.

Two games, seven days. Do the math. That's 300,000 seconds (give or
take) per game. What does that mean? I've no idea. But numbers never
lie. ;-)

Until next week...

Re: Free Games:"Saturnalia" and "WH40K: Mechanicus"

<nFidnV2t-b3rZsf-nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9204&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9204

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: Free Games:"Saturnalia" and "WH40K: Mechanicus"
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 21:43:18 +0000
 by: Ant - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 21:43 UTC

Thanks. I took both, but I doubt I will play them.

--
"The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." --Hebrews 4:12. Almost 7.5 hours of sleep from after 10:01 PM PDT to almost 5:30 AM PDT after a somewhat hump day without any naps.
| |o o| |