From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Subject: BBS: The Documentary.
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 09:14:32 +0100
 by: D - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 08:14 UTC

Hello guys,

This is probably common knowledge in this group, but for the benefit and
joy of any new comers (such as myself) and if you're interested in the
good old BBS space, I recommend this documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dddbe9OuJLU&list=PL7nj3G6Jpv2G6Gp6NvN1kUtQuW8QshBWE

Enjoy!

Those were the days! I remember my own little 1 line BBS called Panic.
Towards the end of the BBS era, games had gotten so big that it was easier
to grab the disk and actually physically go to the user and copy the games
and then upload them onto the BBS locally instead of over 28.8 or 56.6
modems.

Re: BBS: The Documentary.

<azOdnddIMt1-RX34nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9199&group=alt.folklore.computers#9199

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: BBS: The Documentary.
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 19:20:03 +0000
 by: Ant - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 19:20 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLop3s1hMlSJKXqmuFjK7gbJh2WAyllTTY is another good one, and it's newer. ;)
I miss those days.

--
"Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation..." --Luke 2:29-30. Leap (Thurs)day before a possible March madness.
| |o o| |

Re: BBS: The Documentary.

<43b898d1-20ef-9129-326d-8f42297e6a84@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9201&group=alt.folklore.computers#9201

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 22:01:45 +0100
 by: D - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 21:01 UTC

Wasn't aware of that one! Thank you very much! =)

Best regards,
Daniel

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024, Ant wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLop3s1hMlSJKXqmuFjK7gbJh2WAyllTTY is another good one, and it's newer. ;)
> I miss those days.
>
> D <nospam@example.net> wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>
>> This is probably common knowledge in this group, but for the benefit and
>> joy of any new comers (such as myself) and if you're interested in the
>> good old BBS space, I recommend this documentary:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dddbe9OuJLU&list=PL7nj3G6Jpv2G6Gp6NvN1kUtQuW8QshBWE
>
>> Enjoy!

>> Those were the days! I remember my own little 1 line BBS called Panic.
>> Towards the end of the BBS era, games had gotten so big that it was easier
>> to grab the disk and actually physically go to the user and copy the games
>> and then upload them onto the BBS locally instead of over 28.8 or 56.6
>> modems.

Re: BBS: The Documentary.

<87sf1apw8q.fsf@usenet.ankman.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9204&group=alt.folklore.computers#9204

From: ank...@spamfence.net (Andreas Kohlbach)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 20:38:13 -0500
 by: Andreas Kohlbach - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 01:38 UTC

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 09:14:32 +0100, D wrote:

> This is probably common knowledge in this group, but for the benefit
> and joy of any new comers (such as myself) and if you're interested in
> the good old BBS space, I recommend this documentary:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dddbe9OuJLU&list=PL7nj3G6Jpv2G6Gp6NvN1kUtQuW8QshBWE
>
> Enjoy!

I watched that many years ago. Highly recommended.
--
Andreas

Re: BBS: The Documentary.

<466dnV044frXEHz4nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9205&group=alt.folklore.computers#9205

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 08:09:46 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 08:09 UTC

You're welcome. :)

--
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him." --1 John 3:1. March Madness begins? Shogun is good, but it didn't need to be rated TV-MA.
| |o o| |